Confrontations

Polar Opposites

 

I open the door a little and look to my left and to my right, in case anyone was in the hallway. I then drag Tiffany outside when I find the path clear as day. We stealthily walked through the hallway and we were about to pass Sica's room when her door aprubtly opened. Great. 

Jessica and Soojung come out with wide smiles but they're soon gone when they catch catch a glimpse of me. Concerned expressions now replace their carefree ones, probably because of my red poofy, bloodshot eyes from crying so hard. I hate my life.

When my eyes meet Jessica's beautiful baby browns, I quickly revert my gaze. It was still too painful to look at her in the eyes right now because my thoughts were still fresh in my mind. I bite my bottom lip hard to resist crying but it only gives me physical pain because tears are already building up in my eyes.

Jessica and baby Jung were probably giving me worried glances and I really didn't want Sica to see me like this, weak and vulnerable. I look up at Tiffany for guidance, needing to get some space in between me and the Jungs.

"Taeyeon-unnie... Are you alright?" The tallest of all of us, Soojung, asks hesitantly and I can only nod to reply. 

I look up to Fany again, hoping she'd just get me out of this difficult and heartwrenching situation. Finally, she meets my eyes and we both nod at each other. She tugs my hand and leads me to the bathroom which is only a couple steps away.

Before I am able to enter my safe haven, a familiar soft hand grabs my wrist and tugs. I am forced to look back, staring into the eyes of the person who has captured my heart. Except now, instead of the happy eyes I adore, distraught ones replace them. The thought that I was the reason for it brought an unsettling feeling to pool inside my stomach.

Me and her, we aren't good for each other. Every time we try to take one step forward, we are pushed back twofold. We were exact opposites, but I don't think we were the type to attract, we were the type that pushed each other away. That is only my theory though. However, even knowing this, there was a gigantic part of me that still craved her. I don't think that will ever change, and I'm not sure I wanted it to. 

"Taengoo, are you-are you sure you're okay?" The sound of her angelic voice brings me back to reality.

I couldn't answer her because I was afraid that if I spoke I might just blurt out my feelings for her, and that could never ever happen. Her hand was starting to burn a whole through my wrist so I reluctantly pulled myself free of her hold.

Tiffany tugs my other hand again and I follow her but before taking a step inside, I turn back and see a devastated looking Jessica being patted on the back by her sister. I stop in my tracks, unable to bear it. I made her like this, I hurt her.

I walk-no more like sprint over to her and take her into my embrace tightly, needing to wipe that expression off of her face.

"Sooyeon-ah," I accidentally say her Korean name but I just decide to go with it, "I'm fine so don't worry okay?"

She stiffens but eventually relaxes in my arms. I was in heaven and in hell. Before I give her the chance to answer, I run into the washroom with Tiffany right behind me. This time, I am able to do it without looking back.

The moment I step into the room, I sit myself on the closed toilet and quietly sob, putting my head in my hands. Fany is instantly at my side and she starts to comfort me, saying things like "It will get better" and "It's going to be okay". Will it? Will it really?

After a good cry, Tiffany helps me wash my face which really didn't work the way I expected it to. The reflection in the mirror still showed a girl who looked like she was in hell. Well, she was and it wasn't near over yet, I think to myself.

Jessica POV 

It's been exactly one week since I saw my Taengoo looking like a bat out of hell being dragged by Tiffany, who I didn't think I could be so envious of this past week, into to freaking bathroom. Nobody knows how devastated I was except maybe my baby sister  when she let go of my hand and left with Fany. Well, at least now I know what death by torture feels like.

I always knew she'd pick  Tiffany over me no matter what and I knew that when it would happen, I would be hurt but I didn't think it would hurt this much. The fact that I poured my heart out to Soojung about my love only minutes before, only made it ten times worse. Ironic isn't it?

Flashback

"Unnie, do you like Taeyeon-ah?" My little sister asks me all innocent like and I swear to god I almost went into cardiac arrest. Well that was freaking unexpected much?

"What are you talking about Soojungie?" I answer back cautiously, just in case she was talking about liking in general and not romantically.

She rolls her eyes at me and I'm caught red-handed, trying to play dumb. Perhaps I underestimated her perception skills, she was my sister after all. If you were the sister of a genius, it wouldn't be strange for you to be smart too right?

"You heard what I said unnie. Do. You. Like. Taeyeon. Unnie?" Krystal replies sternly, emphasizing the last few words.
When she said Taeyeon's name, I shivered because thoughts of my one sided lover filled my mind.

I look at my sister who is clearly annoyed with me at the moment and contemplate on how to answer without getting caught. I don't think it would be a good idea for my little sister to find out I loved a girl.

"Of course I like Taeyeon! I've known her since forever!" I blurt out in english, not knowing why the hell I said such stupid words. Good going Sica.

My voice falters a little when I finish but hopefully she didn't catch my nervousness. Upon hearing my stupid answer, she crosses her arms and purses her lips like a duck except she looked more like an angry general. General Soojung huh? She totally takes after me, I think to myself.

"That's not what I mean and you know that, do you like like Taeyeon-unnie? As in LOVE?" She says forcefully.
How the hell was I supposed to respond to that? Do I tell her the truth or not? Does she already know? Looking back, I wasn't very subtle about it... Especially in the kitchen earlier but Taengoo was just so irresistible! I can't help it sometimes...

As if knowing the internal war raging on inside my mind, she takes my hand and leads me to my bed, making me sit down. When I finally settle on the edge, she takes a seat beside me.

Soojung grips my shoulder and stares into my eyes. Her burning gaze makes me feel like she's staring into my soul where all my deepest darkest secrets lie. I'm bewildered at how much she's grown right under my nose.

"Unnie, You can trust me! I'd never judge you for something important like this!"

My eyes widen from shock. She wouldn't? Tears form in my eyes as I pour my heart out to the youngest Jung. I tell her about the profound amount of love I have for Taeyeon and how I hated it when she was getting way too close to my Taengoo.

That one got a good laugh out of her. She told me she only did that to test her theory. Apparently, she's been suspecting my feelings for my leader for quite a while now.

"Unnie," Krystal starts, "Just know that I'll always support you arasso? Even when the whole world is against you, remember I'm still here." She says and I beam at her. The love I had for my sister at this moment was unbelievable.

End of flashback
 
Well, after letting all of my emotions run wild, Soojung got first row tickets at the Taeyeon Once Again Chooses Tiffany Over Jessica show. After that eventful confrontation, Soojung had to leave because of an early schedule with Amber, who for some reason, couldn't stop blushing the whole time. I bet those damn byuntae's and chodings did something again.

Before leaving, Soojung gives me a "Unnie Fighting!" after whispering in my ear about encouragements for my love life. She told me to try my best with winning over Taengoo's heart.

I tried, I really did. I tried my hardest but to no avail. The whole week, all I received from Taeyeon was sad smiles and short replies. She was always at Tiffany's side, clutching to her arm or holding her hand and it really brought a whole new level of HellSica.

We were on our way to Incheon airport to board our flight to Japan for a concert. On the ride there, I purposely sat next to Taengoo at the back of the van. There's no better time than the present right? The instant I sit next to her, her eyes start darting everywhere, probably looking for Tiffany. Too bad she was in the other van, I snicker at my cleverness. Now, time for the investigation.


cue the suspense ;)