Fantasy?

Polar Opposites

 

After an excruciatingly long and tiring practice session, all 9 of us safely arrive home to the SNSD dorm at around 9 pm. The moment we step into our dorm, all of us flop down on the foyer, completely exhausted from a hard day's work.

"Ughh, I'm so tired.." Fany says, laying herself beside me and everyone grunts in agreement and approval.

"Who is going to make dinner?" Our maknae says. Always the responsible one, I think to myself.

"Definetly not Jessica.." I mumble, loud enough for everyone to hear, receiving girly giggles.

Everyone knows Jessica isn't a very good cook but to be completely honest, I'd eat anything she cooks simply because she made it with love and effort. I've always been told that you shouldn't tell someone they can't do this or they can't do that because they'll eventually give up on it but that's for the weak and if Jessica's anything, it isn't weak.

On my other side, Jessica gives me an adorable yet quite frightening glare and she shoves me playfully. I beam at her, happy because I can finally be close to her the way I want without hesitation or awkwardness. Seeing my full on megawatt smile, she immediately recuperates and the whole subject is forgotten.

"No seriously, who's making dinner?" Sooyoung asks.

"Yeah, my stomach's been growling nonstop.." Yoona whines.

"We know, Yoong, we aren't deaf." Sunny retorts, getting tired chuckles all around. We were all too tired for full on laughs.

"Chef Hyo should do it~" Yuri says somewhere in the small foyer. I was too lazy to turn my head and to look for her.

All of a sudden, a phone rings beside me and all of the members are now looking in my direction curiously. Beside me, Tiffany rolls on top of me, wondering who's calling at this time. I was pretty much used to being this close to Fany since she was one of the first people who took the time to break down my walls.

It turns out the phone belonged to Jessica. Before picking up the vibrating object, she looks at me and Tiffany with a strange expression on her face and I'm confused why she would be looking at me like that. It wasn't weird seeing Fany and I together like this so I immediately dismiss the thought that she might feel uncomfortable. 

On top of me, Tiffany snickers upon seeing Sica's  expression. Seriously, what is up with these two? Well one things for sure, Tiffany is getting really heavy. I try to shake her off me while Jessica picks up her phone to answer but my efforts are in vain. She doesn't even budge.

"Fany-ah~ You're heavy." I whine to get her off of me.

"Whatever, you're comfy." She says sternly.

"Fany, you can lay on me!" Yuri says and winks playfully. Having a clear view, I now realize that Yuri was on the other side of Tiffany the whole time.

"Wah! Anniyo! I'll lay on you Yul." Yoona says playfully, getting chuckles from the rest. The YoonYul ship will forever sail.

"Don't you think we should get up and make some dinner unnies?" Seohyun says, trying to persuade the others to be responsible as well. Don't even try Seo.

"Noo~" Sunny whines.

"Shh! I'm trying to take a call here!" Sica says sternly and everyone immediately simmers down, not wanting to get on the ice princess' bad side.

"Ne," Sica says on the phone, "No we didn't yet...Really? Yah! Thanks Soojungie!" Jessica says and she hangs up.

"Guys! Soojung's bringing dinner!" Sica states, loud enough for everyone to hear. All of us erupt in joy.

"Baby Jung is the best!" Sooyoung replies happily.

"Sica-ah, your sister is amazing~" I say smiling, anxiously waiting for the food to come. Fany giggles on top of me.

"What about me?" Jessica pouts cutely and I turn to her, giving her another one of my megawatt smiles.

"Yah, Taengoo, your girlfriends jealous~" Fany says jokingly. Jessica and I both turn beet red at hearing her comment.

"YES!" I hear a shout from the other side of the foyer, "Taengsic is real!" Hyoyeon.

She's always been a loyal Taengsic shipper from the beginning and I've told her time and time again that her- and my- fantasy will always remain what it is, fantasy. She's so embarrassing sometimes...

Suddenly, the doorbell rings and all 9 of us spring up off of the floor because the smell of food was seeping its way into the dorm. Man was I hungry..

Jessica's POV:
 
I open the door widely, so all of the members can see, to find my baby sister and Amber, another one of her members from f(x) on the other side of the door. Sooyoung and Yoong immediately grab the take-out food from Soojung's hands without greeting the new guests first, which admittedly was very rude.

I let it go though, since I knew they were probably starving two times more than everyone else, considering their love for food. Seohyun runs after them, most likely to prepare the table for the guests. So responsible.. 

If I wasn't so tired and moody, I would scold them but unfortunately, I was. I mean I was freaking ecstatic when Taengoo told me she wanted to start over again but ever since we got back from the bathroom, Fany has been all over her. 

It wasn't new seeing them so comfortable around each other but for some reason, I was just more bothered about it than usual. Of course, I tried not to show my emotions by masking myself with my poker face. It was one of the few things I was really good at.

I didn't hate Tiffany or anything. In fact, before and even after our debut, she's been one of the few people I could really relate to, seeing as she's Korean-American as well. Our personalities didn't really match each other's but nevertheless we never really had arguments or whatnot. I didn't know how to describe how I felt whenever she and Taeyeon were together. All I can say is that it hurt in my chest area. Maybe I was...jealous?

"UNNIE! I missed you!" Soojung's exclaims and I'm immediately pulled out of my thoughts nd dragged back into reality.
I hug her tightly, truly missing her embrace. We were lucky if we saw each other once a week.. It was a real struggle at times.

When I welcome them inside the dorm, Sunny and Hyoyeon lunge at Amber. The poor girl, I thought to myself, mentally chuckling. They met each other through invincible youth and now the trio are as close as ever.

When Krystal enters and sees Taeyeon, she jumps in her arms. For some reason, my hand started twitching. I need to tell Soojung about how Tae and I made up however I'm too occupied trying to hide my twitchy palm. I'm going to beat Soojung's for being too close to my Taengoo.

Wait- my Taengoo?

Oh . Do I... do I like Taeyeon? Memories of Taeyeon come flashing into my mind, good and bad. My heart beat was fluttering when thoughts of being Taeyeon's girlfriend entered my mind. I start blushing profusely.

Oh my god, I like Kim Taeyeon.

"Taeyeon-unnie, I missed you!" I hear Soojung say and I am once again pulled away from my thoughts. I turn to look at the both of them, only to find Soojung, burying her face in Tae's neck.

Scratch that, I'm going to freaking bury this mini Jung alive. I'm green with envy, if only I could do that to Taengoo...
I hear the angelic sound of Taeyeon's laugh and I come to the realization that I want that laugh all to myself. In fact, I want all of her to myself. How was I supposed to tell her my feelings without making her uncomfortable though?

"Krystal oh my god! I haven't seen you in forever!" Fany says in english, giving my sister her trademark smile. Great, another enemy.

Soojungie finally lets go of Taeyeon and switches her victim to Tiffany, giving the other American a bear hug. Finally...

Taeyeon looks at me and smiles. Hello 911, yes I'd like to report a murder to my heart, please do not send any help.

"Guys! Time for dinner!" Seohyun yells from the kitchen.

We all make our way to the kitchen and Seohyun brings extra chairs for Soojung and Amber, who is still sandwiched between Hyoyeon and Sunny. Taeyeon takes a seat in the middle of the table and I hurriedly yet swiftly take the seat next to hers. On Taengoo's other side, Soojung occupies the seat next to her while Tiffany sits in front of Taeyeon. This was like a freaking battlefield...

I turn and see Amber, shyly taking a seat beside Krystal. Hohoho, how sly.. Of course, Hyoyeon and Sunny take the seat in front and beside Amber.

"Wah! My Kryber feels!" Yuri yells, sitting alongside Tiffany and Yoona.

"I totally agree with you Yuri-ah!" Hyoyeon responds, clapping her hands happily. So embarrassing..

I glance at Amber, watching her turn red with embarrassment. Wow she'd be perfect for Krystal, I think to myself.

"Anniyo! my heart belongs to Taeyeon-unnie!" Krystal replies and my palms start twitching again. I'll let it go though, since she's my sister and all.

I take another peek at Amber, only to find a sad looking girl. Wahaha! She's totally in love with Krystal...

"It's okay Amber! Sunkyu-unnie is here for you!" Sunny says playfully. 

"Yah Soojung! Taeyeon's heart belongs to Sica!" Hyoyeon comments. If only it did...

"Ne~ Can we just eat now?" Sooyoung and Yoona both whine and everyone happily agrees.

***

During dinner, Taeyeon and I kept making eye contact which made a trillion butterflies dive into my stomach but admittedly, it would've been better if Tiffany and Soojung weren't seeking for her attention every damn second. I was seriously getting annoyed.

As if sensing my rapidly growing annoyance, Taeyeon grabs my hand under the table and squeezes it, calming me immediately. Her hands were so soft..

When all of us finish the delicious dinner, everyone gathers into the living room except me because unfortunately it was my turn to wash the dishes this week.

Silently cursing the gods of misfortune, I didn't notice someone entering the room.