Stubbornness

Polar Opposites

 

What, am I imagining things now? Why would Tiffany be smiling right now? Does she think I'm joking or something? 

"Fany-ah?" I ask cautiously, wondering what the hell got into her.

"You know Taengoo, you're way too cute sometimes~" she says, still giving me her trademark smile but now a giggle starts to burst out of .

I admit, her actions at this particular moment were pretty inappropriate and I was starting to get really annoyed and I almost NEVER get annoyed when it came to Fany because we were just that close. I guess everything was reversed when it came to how I felt about Jessica. 

I just felt like Fany really didn't think about the truth behind my words. I felt as though she was just mocking me and not caring about how I truly and genuinely love Sica. My sad tears transform into frustrated ones.

This really wasn't the appropriate time to tease me and she should know that as my best friend but I guess she doesn't really know me like I thought she did. I was thoroughly disappointed in her. 

Upon sensing my anger, Tiffany's face suddenly turns somber. Well then, I guess she learned her lesson, I think to myself. She starts pouting cutely, aaand it starts. The cute-sorry act, that is.

"Taengoo~ I'm sorry, forgive me?" She says in her aegyo voice, accompanying an apologetic smile.

I sigh heavily,  I could never stay mad at Tiffany for too long. The wench knew too much about me, I think wickedly. That's the price of having a great friend though, I snicker. Before I knew it, I was already feeling a lot better and I was finally out of my depressed state. How the heck did she do that?

"Arasso.." I reply, feeling like a ton was just lifted off of my shoulders.

I guess this was the work of the Tiffany-effect but right now, I was really up for some HellSica because no matter how scary she was sometimes, I knew she'd cheer me up in a nanosecond.

"Taeyeon-ah," she starts and I'm dragged out of my reverie, "Did you really think I wouldn't know how you felt towards Sica?" 

She playfully ruffles my hair like I was her child or something. Tiffany really was like a second mother to me, a small voice in the back of my mind says. The rest of my mind is too shocked to even work anymore. TIFFANY KNEW?

"Tae, I'm your bestfriend you pabo!"

"Omo! What? When? How?" I ask, demanding answers. My eyes widen greatly because I was on a whole new level of shock when she revealed that she knew the whole time.

"Calm down TaeTae! You underestimate me way too much!" She says, giving me one of her eye smiles.

"I guess so..." I say nervously, lowering my head in embarrassment. 

"So?" She asks out of no where and I move my gaze back at her in confusion.

"So what?" I answer back.

"So why are you crying then, you dork?" she all but yells at me, probably from frustration.

She's always telling me about how dense I am sometimes and I have no doubt I'm my mind that I am but I was born this way, this is how I am. 

I sigh, not looking forward to this inevitable conversation. Sometimes, I wished Tiffany would just leave me alone at times like these but I knew letting my thoughts go would clear my head a little.

The thing is though, ever since I started to realize my feelings towards Sica, my head was never clear again and to tell you the truth, I didn't really mind. Having Jessica Jung invade my mind was an honor.

"Fany-ah, you d-don't understand..." I stutter.

"Well how would I understand if you haven't even said anything yet? What's bothering you Tae?" She replies wittily, narrowing her eyes into half moons at me.

"J-Jessica will never ever feel the same about me Fany.." I start, as tears start to drop from my bloodshot eyes, "It's breaking my heart.."

I clutch her tiny shoulders, needing support and comfort in this dire moment. However, all I really wanted was to be with Jessica right now. To hold her and to express every ounce of my love for her. Right now, I was feeling so stuffy in this depressing environment and Sica is the only possible refreshment, even if she was unattainable. Another round of tears start to form in my orbs.

"Taeng, this probably sounds really corny but you'll never know unless you tell her and see for your own eyes, how she will react you pabo!" Tiffany exclaims with her husky voice.

"I know that! But I-" I pause searching for the proper words to use but coming up with no suitable results.

"I'm scared okay! I don't wanna get hurt.." I mumble truthfully, feeling frustrated at my lack of vocabulary. A shiver creeps up my spine at the possible reactions Jessica could give me.

"Taeyeon?" Fany says.

"What?" 

"You're an idiot." She simply says, with no explanation whatsoever. What the hell is that supposed to mean?

"What are you talking about?" I question, bewildered at her sudden offensive statement.

"Don't you know that everyone in love is scared!? But they take the courage to confess how they feel and that is how true love is born!" She says incredulously.

"Yeah, bu-" I'm cut off before I even have the chance to finish my sentence.

"No buts! Are you really going to take the easy way out TaeTae? Are you just going to not take any risks? That's so not like you!" She interrupts, saying the last phrase in english.

"When it comes to Jessica, I want to take risks but I-I don't want to face the danger! That's just how it is and it's final!" I retort, knowing I probably sounded like a stubborn kid but I was too tired to care.

She sighs defeatedly, realizing it would take a bulldozer to make me budge. I've never really been the stubborn type but when it came to things I was passionate about, eveything i stood for was totally reversed.

"Arasso.. So what are you going to do now?" She grunts, not content with the direction things went.

"I think I might just back off for a while and wait for my feelings to subside..if they ever do.. which I doubt will ever happen.. but I have to try right?." I answer timidly, cringing at the pain I will soon face when I end up avoiding her again.
Why did everything always end up with his conclusion? It was like our relationship was destined to fail or something.

"You're making a big mistake Taengoo.." She says dejectedly.

"I don't think I am, I think I know what's good for me Fany-ah, but thanks for the advice thought." I say, giving her a small smile.

"Alright, but just remember that I tried okay?" She gives me a small pout but it soon changes into a smile when I playfully poke her cheeks.

"Thanks Fany." 

"Just know that I'm always on your side no matter what okay?" She adds and I nod my answer, grateful to the world for giving me such an understanding and loving bestfriend.

I finally let go of her and stand up, needing to wash my face to strip all the evidence of my prior engagement, crying my eyes out until they turned beet red. Unfortunately, there were only 2 bathrooms in our dorms. One beside Jessica's room and one in the living room.

Seriously, we need more bathrooms to occupy 9 high maintenance girls. Did manager oppa not think about it hard enough when he bought the dorm?

I ponder, which is worse? A chance encounter with the girl you love who is murdering your heart and her sister who is assisting in the assassination or an interrogation by 6 nosy byuntaes and chodings including Amber who is probably scarred for life just like Yoona and Seohyun?

I don't even need to think about it. I opt for the bathroom near Sica's room, not in the mood for an interrogation and Jessica was still probably talking to her sister anyway. I know I'm lying to myself, I just needed to be near Sica right now.

"Fany, come to the washroom with me?" I ask the eye smiling girl, too afraid to go by myself. Thankfully, she accepts my offer.


shoutout to my commenters, you guys are awesome.