Apologies

Polar Opposites

 

The girls and I were rehearsing our performance for the 2013 MAMAs which we were all excited for when I needed a bathroom break again.  This wasn't surprising considering the amount of water I drank today. I needed to keep myself hydrated because I found that that was the best way to keep up my stamina and endurance during performances and practices.

"Be right back, I have to go to the washroom again." I said to no one in particular.

"Again? Daebak, you're bladder's tiny Taengoo!" Sooyoung said as she crept up behind me and placed her hands on my shoulder.

"At least I have a flat stomach." I retorted, laughing as I stood up. That should shut her up. All the girls except Jessica burst out in joy as Sooyoung makes a shocked and wounded face.

I've noticed the fact that Jessica hasn't smiled at all today and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticed. I miss her smile.

"Yah! Did you hear that Seohyun? Tae called me fat!" Sooyound whines.

The maknae lifts her head up from her purse which I'm pretty sure is filled with sweet potatoes and smiles when she says, "Don't worry unnie, theres nothing wrong with a big tummy."

Of course. Our maknae was brutally honest sometimes and I don't think theres anyone like her in the entire world. Everyone was rolling down on the floor, laughing their butts off at Seo's comment. She was so innocent sometimes.

"YOU! that doesn't help my situation at all!" Sooyoung says.

 

I finally made my way over to the bathroom outside the practice room after having a good laugh. Those kids were way too funny. When I finished my business, I opened the door only to find the beautiful brunette who has been on my mind all day although she didnt look very happy. Her head was held low and she was trembling. It saddened me to know that I was probably the reason why she hasnt smiled all day.

"Jessica?" I asked, "What's wrong?" 

I started playing dumb so I could get out of this situation earlier.

She finally raised her head and stared at me straight on. She dragged me back into the washroom and I was a little confused when she locked the door but in the back of my head I knew what was coming next.

"T-Tae, what did I do?" she says so silently, I was surprised I could even hear her. She bites her lips which she obviously does to restrict a cry.

"What? Nothing, why? Did you do something bad that I should be informed of?" I ask, silently hoping she'd let me off the hook.

I couldn't take how defeated she looked and I hated how I was the one doing this to her. I'm the leader, I'm supposed to take care of the member's yet here I am, acting like a to someone I hold so dear in my heart.

"Don't act dumb with me Taeyeon, what did I do wrong? Why have you been avoiding me? I-Its breaking my heart Tae." she says 

Stay composed Taeyeon, stay composed. I mentally chant to myself. I decided to stop playing dumb, it wasn't even working anyway and I knew this confrontation would be inevitable. I just didnt prepare myself enough.

"Jessica, listen..." I started but I couldn't find any words to say to her. My mind was filled with the thoughts of her, good and bad. I couldn't find it in myself to push her away anymore.

She suddenly kneels down on the bathroom floor with her head in her hands. I nearly broke, seeing her like that.

"Mianhee, Taeyeon Mianhee. Please forgive me.. I miss you so much. I-I cant handle this anymore.." Her lip-biting strategy fails because she's now on the dirty ground sobbing silently. Because of me. I couldn't stand it anymore.

I crouched down in front of her and took her hands off her face. It shattered my heart into a million pieces, seeing her like this. Her mascara was running and her eyes were bloodshot. Her face was bloated and red.

My strong and powerful ice princess has turned into hot lava. all because of me. I suddenly realized that my ideologies were messed up, did I really think SNSD would crumble for such a petty reason? What type of leader was I?

I looked at her in the eyes as a wave of guilt hit me. How could I be so stupid?

"Jessica, please stop. Get up come on, this isnt like you." I said calmly as tears started to form in my eyes.

"This isn't like me? You're talking about yourself! What did I do wrong Tae?" Confusion was clear in her beautiful baby browns so I further explained.

"Sica listen, I was avoiding you for the stupidest reason. I'm sorry okay? I only now realized how stupid I was," I started to full on sob in front of her, "Please, can't we just start over?"

I haven't cried so hard in a long time, I don't even remember the last time. This is good, I mentally told myself. Let it out, let it be set free. With Jessica, letting my emotions run wild was the easiest thing ever. Whenever she was happy, I was happy, whenever she was sad, I was sad. We were like tweedle dee and tweedle dum. 

Although, I probably haven't showed her my gratitude towards her control over my emotions very kindly. I'll start now, I tell myself, I won't let things hinder my feelings towards her anymore.

"Yah, Kim Taeyeon, stop stealing my spotlight." she says playfully.

I chuckled at her remark. She's most likely the only person in the entire world who could make me feel like then make me feel butterflies in my stomach in the span of a minute. She has no idea how much control she has over my emotions.

"Let's start over please?" I plead, wondering if she'd accept my pathetic apology and give me a second chance to prove to her how much I care for her.

She looks at me mischievously and says, "Only if you tell me why you were avoiding me." She then shows of her adorable pouty face.

"Sica, it's really stupid, I'm telling you.." I hesitated.

"I don't care Teangoo, I wanna know and clear up whatever happened in that dorky, kid leader mind of yours~" she says.

I sighed, I can't resist her when she's like this and she damn well knows it.

"I just thought," I pondered for a second, wondering how to phrase my thoughts properly. Speaking my mind isn't exactly my strongest point. 

I took a deep breath and exhaled quickly while saying what I needed to say, "Ijustthoughtwewouldntgetalongbecauseweresodifferent."

"Ne, I couldn't understand you, say it again. Slowly this time." She laughs as she emphasizes the word slowly.

I sighed and said, "I thought we wouldn't get along well because we were so different. I didn't want to make it awkward between us because the soshibond would be ruined and what is SNSD without that?" 

Hearing it out loud really brought on a new perspective and saying made me feel extremely stupid for having this mindset.

The silence was deafening. After a minute or so which felt like an eternity, she suddenly bursts out laughing. This beautiful girl confuses me so much. Upon seeing my confusion, another round of laughs erupts from her tiny body(not that I should be talking though). I was kind of getting annoyed with her reaction.

"Arasso, arasso, I get it I'm stupid. Would you quit laughing already? You're so annoying." I said while pouting.

"Taengooo~ You're way too cute you know? Where in the hell did you come up with this? Did you think avoiding me would make our bond stronger? You're so dense sometimes." She had tears in her eyes from laughing too hard. Well, it's better than sad tears, I thought to myself. 

I sighed, if you can't beat them, join them right? I started laughing at my idiocy as well.

"No seriously, why would you assume we wouldn't match because of our differences? Don't you know the expression 'Opposites Attract'?" She winked at me and I swear to god I nearly fainted.

My heart didn't just skip one beat it skipped a whole musical composition. I couldn't breathe. She really should come with a warning label: Caution, beware of cuteness overload. Heart attacks guarantied. 

"Well actually, someone mentioned it to me before." I confessed.

"WHAT? Really? Who? I'll rip their faces off for making my Taengoo avoid me." She said with an icy gleam in her eyes.
Jessica can be so scary sometimes but my mind was focused on the fact that she said 'MY Teangoo'. If my heart skipped a whole composition before, now it was fluttering at lightning speed. 

"Um, I don't think I wanna tell you anymore.." I said nervously.

"Tell me~" she whined and gave me her irresistible pouty face. Me and that adorable face of hers have a hate/love relationship.

I sighed. "Mm, I don't remember, I think it wa-"'

I was cut off from a round of sharp knocks on the door. We looked at each other with wide eyes as a voice came out from the other side of the door.
 


First fic :p