Hope?

Polar Opposites

 

Tiffany approaches me quietly and brings me to sit down on one of the fancy leather first class seats. Then, she takes the seat next to mine and starts rubbing my back reassuringly, letting me vent out my guilt and frustration.

Our maknae immediately occupies the other seat beside and and comforts me with soft spoken words. She too, rubs my back gently and when I open my eyes slightly to look at the young girl, trying to console me, I see that she's glancing at Tiffany with a worried look in her eyes.

I slowly scan the place with my blurry, tear filled eyes. I didn't notice it before because they were so quiet but now I see that all of them are silently crying their eyes out. The only one who wasn't quiet was Sooyoung but that wasn't surprising.

All of a sudden, our manager oppa slyly returns and all of us immediately give him all our undivided attention. We were all anxious about what possible news will come out of his mouth. Will Jessica be okay? Is she badly hurt? We were all probably asking the same troubling questions in our minds.

"Guys.." he starts but halts, probably weirded out by our intense stares.

"Jessica is fine. She's just been sent to the nearest hospital but she's conscious now. If she's completely and only completely fine, she'll be able to join all of you guys in Japan tomorrow or maybe the next day to do the concert but we'll have to push it back a day or two so she can fully rest, arasso?" He says with a somber expression on his face but all 8 of us know he's worried about Jessica too.

We all sigh in relief at this newfound information. I'm extremely grateful that the concert was pushed back for Sica because if it wasn't, we'd all just be sick worried for her and we wouldn't be able to do our best for our fans. Hopefully, she'd be back to normal again or I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

***

The very next day, after we've checked into our Hotel and everything, Jessica finally arrives. The moment she walks into the glass doors in the foyer of our luxurious hotel, everyone runs to her and smothers her with love and affection. Everyone except me.

I stand, all by myself, in the background, silently worrying on her behalf. All I wanted in this moment was to go up to her and embrace her but I just didn't really know how to approach her.

In the middle of a affectionate hug with Yuri, which admittedly made me a little jealous, she lifts her head up from Yul's shoulders and spots me a distance away. Her beautiful face immediately turns a little cold.

She looks at the other members surrounding her, and tells them something. I didn't know what she said cause I'm not a very good lip reader but all I know is they nod in reply.

All of a sudden, she starts walking in my direction, looking straight at me. I immediately start to fidget and fiddle my thumbs, nervous at what was going to happen next. 

To be honest, I was really excited to be able to see her again. I came up with a resolution that no matter what I would confess to her he next time I saw her because if the world ended tomorrow, I'd regret it and I want to live my life without any regrets. I wanted to live my life with her.

However, all of my newfound deep termination crashes down on me as she just walks right by me, not even sparing me a glance. I could legitimately heart my heart shatter into trillions of pieces. Once again, Jessica Jung just steps all over my heart.

"Yah! You pabo midget! Are you coming or what?" Jessica's loud voice comes from behind me, echoing in my ears. 
I whip my head around to look at her, surprised at what she just said. What just happened? She wants to talk to me...
Jessica's gaze moves from my face as she pushes the button for the elevator and she gestures for me to come over to her.

Before going, I turn back around to face the rest of the girls and I find them all giving me the thumbs up sign. Tiffany adds in a "Fighting" as well and I am beyond confused.

"Hurry up dork! The elevators coming!" Jessica yells from behind me and this time, I don't waste anymore time to get to her.

I'm at her side in record time and she gives me an almost unnoticeable small smile. Any other ordinary person wouldn't have noticed it but since it was me, it was something that couldn't tbe missed. 

When the elevator car finally arrives, we both step in at the same time and our arms brush each other's lightly. I marvel at how a simple touch could drive me so crazy. But because of our current situation, I stand as far away as I can from Jessica, on the other side of the car.

"Are you really still avoiding me?" she says, rolling her eyes at me.

I look down in shame and embarrassment. I guess she interpreted my uncomfortableness as a way of avoiding her. That's probably the effect of the way I've been treating her lately huh?

"Why do you hate me so much?" She comments through a sigh. 

She says it so silently that I almost wouldn't have caught it if I wasn't Kim Taeyeon, the best listener in the world. Or Jessica Jungs number one fan.

"I dont hate you!" I quickly reply, as I finally raise my head up to look at her.

This time, it's her who looks down in embarrassment. She obviously wasn't meaning for that to be heard.

"Arasso..." 

She starts fiddling her fingers and fidgeting, I totally felt her nervous energy from the other side of the elevator. She looks so innocent right now... I wished I had my phone so I could take a picture of her.

"So...Were are we going?" I ask, suddenly curious to our destination.

"Your room."

"My room? How do you know where my room is?" I ask curiosly.

"I know its most likely on the highest floor because you love the view and since you like to live luxuriously, you're probably in the penthouse. Am I right?" She replies monotonously.

How did she guess all of this? The thought that I also had a place in Jessica heart and mind, no matter how small it was, made me feel giddy with happiness. I guess Fany was right, I really do underestimate my friends sometimes.

"Why do you look so surprised?"

"I-I didn't think you'd be one to notice details about me." I say timidly, and now I'm the fidgeting one.

Suddenly, a pair of arms wrap around my neck and before I know it, I am trapped in Jessica's warm, comforting embrace. I didn't think something as small as a hug could feel so right. I breath in her scent, wanting to memorize the way she smelled. Strawberries. 

Snap out of it Kim Taeyeon! My subconscious yells at me. You can't do this! You're just hurting yourself even more! She's right, I am hurting myself but right now I'm too caught up in the moment to really care. 

But because I had common sense, I push her away reluctantly, not wanting anymore damage to be done. My poor heart has been through enough, hasn't it? Yet it's still beating, it still living. Just like my love for Jessica Jung.


starting a new fic soon :p

gonna be taengsic of course lol