Lies Can Lead to Misunderstandings

Falling In Love With Your Twin

Kyungsoo POV:

"You're dating Dr. Oh? You expect me to believe that bull?"
"Y-yes"
"Wow. If you're going to lie you could have at least used someone you've spoken to before."
"We have spoken!" I lied, 
"We are dating after all!" I lied again. 
"I know you're lying." 
"I am NOT!" Oh look, I'm still lying. 
"Then I'll ask him tomorrow."
"What?!" My heart stopped. 
"Unless you're.. Lying!"
"No! Nope. Ask tomorrow yup! Because we are.. We are dating." 
Kill me please. Why am I so bad at lying?! I held my breath. 
"Fine I will."
"See he even dropped off these chocolates and flowers.." 
"Really now? Dr. Oh did?" For a moment I was worried Kai brought them, but of course he didn't. He'd never do that no matter how much I wished he would. 
"Yes he did."
"When?" 
"About half an hour ago. He stopped by and gave them to me."
"Why have I never seen him drop you off?"
"We walk places, we like being environmentally friendly."
"What's his favorite color?"
"The ones in the rainbow."
"Favorite food?"
"Steak."
"He's a vegetarian."
"I thought you said my favorite food."
"Yours is ramen."
"Stop interrogating me!" I'm running out of lies! 
"I'm asking Dr. Oh tomorrow, you're so dead." Kai stormed off into our bedroom and slammed the door. Damn it Kyungsoo! Why did you have to go and get all drunk?! 
Now he knows. 
I have to cover this up. What am I going to do?! Oh my gosh! Okay okay.. Kyungsoo pull yourself together! 
I planned on talking to Dr. Oh first in the morning. 
That night, I didn't get any sleep even though Kai was by my side. I was too anxious about the next day. Even if we started a world war, he'd still sleep by me to make sure I slept. 
Just one of a million reasons why I love him.
 
"Dr. Oh!" 
"Ah- yes?" I ran into his office as soon as I got to school after Chanyeol stalled Kai. I texted Chanyeol to tell him what the hell I did. At first, he told me to just tell Kai I love him, but I couldn't do that, so I persuaded him to help me instead.  
"Dr. Oh, I need to talk to you."
"Okay, what's wrong?"
"Everything. Okay look," I closed the door and walked closer to Dr. Oh, making him step back a little in confusion and discomfort. 
"I'm in love with my brother and I accidentally got drunk and told him I love him so he asked when I was sober if I love him so I lied and I said I had a boyfriend and he asked who so I said you and you've gotta help me but I'm really sorry I didn't mean to please help me if he finds out I was actually lying he'll actually kill me and I'm too young to die please help me please please please!" Dr. Oh stood there staring at me with wide eyes for a few seconds, then he opened his mouth. I held my breath for the answer, 
"You were drinking? At your age?"
"Is that all you got from that!?" I practically jumped on him.
"Woah woah! Calm down! Okay, well I don't know if I can help you. It's against the rules for me to date a stu-"PLEASE. HELP. ME."
"Hey calm down.. Okay what's your name again?" 
"What?"
"If we're dating, I should know your name at the least."
"Oh... I guess you're right. It's Kyungsoo. My brother's-"
"Kai, I know. You're twins after all and you've been here before, I just didn't know your name. I don't know how well this will work out.. I am a lot older than you."
"Just for a little while.. Please."
"What are we supposed to do? Do I just confirm it? If word gets out-"
"Maybe a few dates. You can just come get me and we'll eat lunch or something, nothing big. I am so sorry I dragged you into this but I'm stuck." The Dr nodded his head and sighed, 
"So you're in love with your brother?"
"..Yes" 
"And he found out?"
"...Yeah"
"And that's why you lied?"
"....yeah.."
"And if I say no, you'll be utterly crushed and never come to school again?" I nodded my head, 
"Yes."
"I'll think about it.."
"Thank-"
"DR. OH!" I didn't have to turn around to know who was at the door. 
"Yes Kai?" 
"Oh hey, Kyungsoo." Kai had a devilish look on his face. 
"Say Dr. Oh, I heard you and Kyungsoo are dating. Is that true?" 
"Hyung-"
"Look Kai, we'd really appreciate it if you didn't say a word. I would be fired and Kyungsoo would be helpless for getting into college." Dr. Oh looked at me and gave me a reassuring look despite myself looking like a nervous wreck. 
"You're really dating?" Kai's jaw dropped in disbelief. 
"Yes we are."
"Dr. Oh I should be getting to class-"
"Wait, why do you call your boyfriend Dr. Oh?" Kai squinted his eyes at me, making me start to sweat. 
"Of course during school, all students call me Dr. Oh. He usually calls me Sehun when it's not school hours." 
Believable. 
"Whatever, this is bull." Kai stormed out of the room and stomped off. I sighed, 
"Thank y-"
"Get to class Kyungsoo."
"Ah, yes!" I bowed and started to leave. 
"You'd better meet me after school."
"Why?"
"We better get to know each other if you really want to win your brother."
"Ah okay!" I bowed again, leaving the room with a relieved chest.
 
'Win your brother' 
 
Wait. He thinks I'm trying to win Kai? That's... Well while I'm at it, I may as well try. 
He's the only thing I have to lose. 
 
"Dr. Oh I'm here!" 
"I'm back here! Come!" I followed his voice to the back room where he was sorting bandages and gauze. 
"Whatchya doin'?" 
"I am making medical kits to send to charity, then who ever needs them will take them."
"Like who?"
"Like hospitals in poor counties or soldiers in war."
"Ooooh.." Nodding in amazement at his heart and I sat down on the stool across the table from his. Dr. Oh was pretty handsome. And he was always kind from what i remembered but he's quiet and reserved, mysterious really. He towers over me even when he sits and his broad shoulders and slender fingers fit his long face and sharp jaw. Up close, I saw Dr. Oh was almost as pale as me- which is extremely pale. Almost like snow. 
"Do you need something?" His deep voice startled me, causing me to flinch a little. 
"Huh?"
"You're staring." 
"Oh sorry..." Haha that's kinda like a pun! I snickered to myself quietly, like I usually do. 
"What's so funny?"
"Eh?" I wasn't used to people asking me what I was laughing about. 
"You chuckled under your breath, what's so funny?" Dr. Oh didn't even look up from his work. At first I was taken back because I wasn't used to people even noticing me in general, but then I realized it was only us two in the room. I quickly admired his nose bridge, as his glasses were able to stay perfectly steady without slipping down. 
"I just... Nothing.." I was a little embarrassed and could feel my cheeks turn red. 
"Come on, it was good enough to make you laugh, it was something."
"I just thought.. Well I said, 'Oh sorry' and your last name is Oh.. It's just a.. It's a pun so.." I trailed off and puffed out my cheeks.
"Hahaha." 
He's laughing.   
Why is he laughing? 
What did I say? 
"Hey, let's get one thing straight."
Dr. Oh looked up from his work and looked down at me through his glasses. 
"U-uh yeah?" 
"Kyungsoo come on, we're going to miss the bus." Kai ran into the office sounding agitated.  
"Oh I'm driving him home today."
"Is he Kyungsoo?"
"Uh.."
"I am." Dr. Oh stood up, causing Kai to step closer and straighten his shoulders. 
"I asked Kyungsoo." 
"Uh-Yeah.. He is..." I whispered ever so gently,
"What?"
"I said yes, he is."
"Fine whatever. I'll be at home waiting."
"That's a first.."
"What did you say?"
"I said that's a first. You're never home."
"Well I'll be home today, okay?" Kai's tone lightened when he was speaking to me unlike the harsh was he spoke to Dr. Oh. Kai began to leave, but I dared to open my mouth again.
"Just because you found out about this doesn't mean you need to act differently."
"Huh?"
"Just don't pretend to worry about me. Thanks for being nice to me over the weekend but you can stop it now, I can tell its paining you."
"That's not-"
"Kai I was in the middle of something with Kyungsoo. If you would excuse us?" Kai blinked a few times with an un readable expression.
"Yeah. Sure." He swallowed and blinked a few more times before leaving us alone. 
"So I see what your problem is now.."
"He's going to be really mad when I get home." I stared at his back as he walked down the all. 
"How about you worry about Kyungsoo?" Dr. Oh sat back down calmly, as he had been the whole time, and continued his work.  
"You seem to be the type of person to worry about others before yourself, and now you're scared of the one you say you're in love with -and barely eat."
"How do you know that? I am not  scared." 
"Whenever you're around Kai, your hands shake. I noticed it when I first saw you but until today I didn't think anything of it. It's simple anxiety of your brother. And your not eating, an effect of the anxiety. Your body uses the energy on worrying and you forget to eat. You're practically skin and bones." Dr. Oh was starting to sound more and more like a doctor. 
"Well so is Kai and so are you." 
"I have a fast metabolism and work two jobs, Kai's is just genetics."
"But how do you know this? Why am I not genetics? We're twins."
"Kai visits me a lot for bloody noses or migraines and usually eats here, he eats like an animal, you should know. And you should also know we talk about you quite a lot, he tells me you always skip meals to study."
"He told you that?"
"I sent him home with vitamins, have you been taking them?"
"The water tablets? They were just left in an envelope on my desk, I assumed they were from my friend."
"From me to Kai to you." I sat back down and sighed, 
"Oh.. Well thanks.."
"Let's get back to what I was telling you."
"Oh, okay." I sat up straight again as he looked into my eyes, making me feel jittery. I tried to stay still though because I realized Dr. Oh notices a lot of small things, for sure he noticed me jittering. Damn. Out of anyone I pick a over attentive doctor. 
"Kyungsoo,"
"Yes..?"
"Let's get this straight. When you're with me, I don't care what you say. I don't mind if you're embarrassed, I don't mind if you think it's a dumb comment or a lousy joke. I want you to say what's on your mind because I know that the reason why you hide is because somewhere along the way, someone told you not to say things."
"Dr. Oh-"
"If we're going to be fake dating, the only thing I'm asking if for you to be upfront and open with me. I'm not someone you have to be careful around. If you want to say something, say it. It's important enough for you to think it, so it's important enough for you to say it. I'm not going to shut you down." His words made me so happy inside, I didn't know what to say. It was so considerate. I had to wonder how he knew all those things and how he made me feel comfortable so quickly. 
"Thank you Dr. Oh.." He smiled and looked back down, continuing making packages. As he smiled, his cheek bones were strongly outlined.
"Oops, one more thing I'll ask." 
"Yeah?"
"It's Dr. Oh from the moment you step into school on a school day, until the last person leaves. It's Sehun for the rest of the time."
"Oh-okay.." I smiled shyly and kicked my feet a little. 
"I just finished my last package!"
"That's great!" Suddenly the guilt hit me and my face expression fell.
"What's on your mind?"
"I..oh.. I am so sorry, I didn't even offer to help! I was so wrapped up in my business I didn't think about it.."
My heart felt so squished. 
"Hahahaha, tell me, what are your exact thoughts right now?"
"M-my heart feels squished. Because I feel guilty.." Dr. Oh snort-laughed a little tiny bit. 
He snort-laughed..
I almost cracked up. Of course I do that all the time but for a sophisticated teacher to begin a laugh with a snort- I found it unique. 
I hope he doesn't ask me to share that thought.   
"You have nothing to be sorry for. If I needed the help, I would have asked. Come on, let's get going." I hopped into his car and sighed. His car smelled like mint and cologne, a manly but clean scent. Kai always smelled like rose petals mixed with his apple shampoo.. I smelled it every night and it soothed me as I slept. It was barely getting dark now, almost 5:00. Kai would be expecting me soon.. I almost thought of texting him but decided to let him worry this time.
"Hey it's 5 right now, is Kai expecting you for dinner?"
"Hah, expecting me to make dinner."
"Oh, well why don't we go out and you can bring him something back?"
"Mmm.." I thought about it for a second, then decided I didn't want to cook. 
"Sounds good!" I didn't see anything wrong with that. We made our way in traffic to a small cafe, the one I went to for Baekhyun's birthday. 
"So tell me what you love about Kai."
"Huh?"
"You love him don't you? There has to be something you love." 
"There is! Many things.."
"Like the way he is kind to you?" He raised his eyebrow jokingly. 
"Very funny. Kai's rough.. He's not kind to me, but he cares about me. He's always looking out for me and I know when he yells at me, it's for my own good."
"He yells at you?" Dr. Oh took a sip of his water and furrowed one of his brows.
"All the time. When I sleep late, 'Kyungsoo! Wake up!' It's endless.."
"That's it?"
"Oh geez no, once I was studying for an exam all night and he got up, took my notes and hid them, and yelled at the top of his lungs at 2:00 AM, 'Kyungsoo stop studying!' Well I stopped." 
"He hid your notes? Interesting.."
"Once I just pet his cat and it bit me, but instead of 'are you okay?' I got a smack in my shoulder which hurt more than the cat and, 'Kyungsoo don't touch my cat!'"
"He owns a cat?"
"Yup, little black kitty named Maru. It's adorable but it hates me." 
"That doesn't seem like Kai at all.. But those all seem to be kind reprimands in some way."  
"Maybe, but sometimes he can be ridiculous. Once I was at my friends and forgot to call Kai and tell him I'd be late. And I'm a worrywart, right?"
"Right."
"So I beelined it home and literally was a minute late. I walked through the door and he was sitting on the couch with the lights on and yelled, 'Kyungsoo you're late! Go to bed!'"
"Haha are you serious?"
"Yes! My lord our neighbors must HATE us!" Dr. Oh and I laughed and chatted a little while longer until it was 6:30. We got into his car with Kai's little doggy bag and started driving through traffic again. 
"Oh it's raining..Do you like the rain, Sehun?"
"No, I think it's depressing."
"Why so?" The red and yellow car lights with the small store signs were blurred through the water streaks on the windows.
"It reminds me of tears.. I prefer sunshine." I was a little bit surprised by his answer, knowing the rain reminded him of something.
"Well that's too bad, I think rain is beautiful! It brings life to plants."
"So does the sun."
"But sun without rain would kill the plant." 
"To much rain would drown it."
"Touché." 
"Haha, say, I have to take those packages to my work tomorrow, would you be interested in coming with me to the hospital?"
"Sure!"
"Great! Meet me after school." 
"Will do.. Oh!"
"Yes?"
"Stop over there."
"Is this where you live..? A convenient store?"
"No! Kai was interrogating me last night and I told him we walk places not drive."
"Why would you tell him that?"
"He asked why you never dropped me off."
"You could've said he was never home." 
"Yeah but that would be too smart." Dr. Oh and I laughed as he pulled the car over.
"It's raining pretty hard though.."
"It's alright. I live in the apartment right down the street." 
"Do you have to walk through it far?"
"Nope! 3rd level, second room in! I'm pretty lucky." 
"3rd level?"
"3rd level is lucky because I have time to prepare myself before Kai peeps through the door and kills 
me."
"Ahh I see. Here, take my jacket."
"Oh no, you don't have to."
"I want to." Dr. Oh took off his black trench coat and gave it to me. He was a pretty stylish person and I felt bad getting it wet. 
"Here, I'll see you tomorrow Kyungsoo. Have a good night, and take those vitamins!"
"I will, I will. Thanks, sleep well! Goodbye!" I stepped out into the rain, stuffing Kai's food into the jacket so it wouldn't get wet. I quickly ran down the side walk to our apartment and dashed inside. 
 
Ring ring! 
"Hello?"
"Just making sure you made it in okay." Dr. Oh and I exchanged cell numbers during dinner. 
"Yeah I did! Thank you."
"I'm glad to hear that." I unlocked the door and walked in.
"I just wa-"
"It's ing 7:09, what took you four ing hours?! Who's jacket is that!? Why are you wet?! Your immune system is low idiot! Who's jacket is that, answer me!"
"Sehu-"
"TAKE THE JACKET OFF." Kai left quickly and then returned with a towel. 
"I SAID TAKE IT OFF!" I took off the jacket off as he grabbed my phone and plopped it on the counter. 
"You're so dumb! If your boyfriend cares about you he wouldn't let you get wet! What is that?" He fluffed my hair with the towel. 
"It's dinner for you.."
"Did you make it?"
"Sehun bought i-"
"Throw it out! I don't want that . Get out of your clothes."
"What?!"
"Your wet! TAKE THEM OFF!" 
"No!"
"TAKE THEM OFF!"
"Stop it!" Kai began to roughly take off my shirt. 
"Hyung stop it!"
"NO!" 
"Hyung! Ouch, Hyung your being rough! Stop it! Let me g-" Kai finally got my soaked shirt off and then began to even undo my pants. 
"HYUNG! STOP IT! THAT'S PRIVATE!"
"STOP MOVING!" I knew he was only trying to dry me off so I wouldn't get sick, but it made me uncomfortable to be touched by him and to let him see my body.
"Hy- ouch! Hyung!" Kai grabbed me and ran my to the bathroom, starting the hot bath water. 
"Kyung your skin is ice! You'll get sick and I.. You don't want to get sick." 
"Ugh Hyung! I'm not a baby!" 
"You are. Now get in the tub and soak."
"What?!"
"GET AND GET IN THE TUB TO WARM UP!" I didn't think and just stripped, getting into the warm tub. He was more angry than usual. The water felt nice and I didn't realize how cold I was until I got in. Kai began to lather my hair like a baby, I didn't dare say no, so I just let him. 
"Cover your eyes." Kai rinsed my hair with water. Little things like that make me love him too, he could have let me stay cold and get sick. He could have even let soap get in my eyes, but he didn't. 
BAM!
The bathroom door swung opened and before I could even say anything, Kai was shoved over and I was grabbed out of the tub and thrown over a shoulder. I wasn't put down as I was ran out of the apartment, dashed down the stairs still striking and wet. Then I was thrown into the car and before I knew it, I was leaving. 
"Dr. Oh?!"
"Are you okay?! You didn't hang up and I heard you two fighting and it sounded serious. Did he hurt you? Are you alright?"
"Sehun.." 
"You're staying at my place tonight."