Lies Will Only Get Worse

Falling In Love With Your Twin

Kai POV: 

"Mmm good morning hy- oh my head..."
"It's okay, here. I bought some pills to help your hangover."
"Thanks.." I handed Kyungsoo water and two pills and waited while he took them. 
"When did you get these? It's only 7:00.." 
"Early this morning." Because I couldn't sleep, so I took a walk. 
"Oh.." 
"Come on. We have to hurry, school starts soon. Don't want to be late." I waited down stairs until Kyungsoo ran down and slipped his shoes on. We barely made the later bus and headed off to school. 
"Oh man.. Last night was fun!"
"Yeah.." I stared out the window. 
"Yeah. Oh dad called me this morning. He said he was coming home soon! He said he'd take us on a trip and we could be a family again." 
"Bull."
"What? He said that once she got home we'd be able to do family things and-"
"It's ing bull, Kyung." 
"But Hyung.. You said he would come back and..." That's right. I said he'd be back.. After our father left us, I promised Kyungsoo he'd come back. 
He left us.
If you leave, you have no right to come back. 
I've seen my father a few times, but I brushed off that drunk easily. Kyungsoo though, he's a child still. He still wants a father, but he'll never have one. I've let Kyungsoo believe all he's said is true, and I don't want to deal with him right now. 
So I let it go. 
"Yeah he'll come soon."
"See, told you." 
He's never going to come Kyungsoo. 
 
"Baekhyun! Wait!" I ran up to baekhyun who was about to walk into class. 
"Oh hey w-"
"Come here." I yanked him into the bathroom and whipped out my phone, cramming my headphones into it and showing it into his ear.
"What-"
"Listen." 
 
'Why would it make him not talk to you?
Because.. Hehe I'm in love with him silly..'
 
"Oh my. Chanyeol was right." Baekhyun covered his mouth and looked at me with worried eyes. 
"What? Chanyeol?"
"Come on, we're skipping school again. I'll get Chanyeol, meet me outside."
"Chanyeol? But-"
"Trust me." Baekhyun left me alone in the bathroom. 
Chanyeol was right? 
I waited for them outside, once we met, we got into Chanyeol's car. We drove in silence to Baekhyun's house, the mood was thick. When I showed Chanyeol the video, he wasn't surprised like Baekhyun. 
"Yeah.."
"Why aren't you surprised? Chanyeol! Why aren't you surprised?!"
"He told me a long time ago Kai."
"No way.." I rubbed my chin with my hand and breathed out harshly. 
"This has got to be a joke. Right? A brother can't love a brother.." I looked wild eyed at Baekhyun and Chanyeol. 
"He CAN'T love me! Please tell me you're kidding! If this is a joke I will kill you both."
"It's not a joke Kai, your brother is in love with y-"
"Shut up!  Shut up, Shut up, Shut up, Shut up! NO!" I began to sweat as my body temperature rose to what felt like 1,000 degrees. 
"Kai calm down.." Baekhyun tried to touch my leg but I smacked his hand away,
"NO! DAMN IT DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!" 
"Hey, he's only trying to help."
"HELP? IT'S NOT LIKE YOU HAVE A TWIN THAT'S IN LOVE WITH YOU!" I let out a scream full of stress and anger. I didn't understand why I was so angry, but I ran out of the apartment.
I knew exactly where I was going this time. 
I ran to the alley where I used to hang out. A bunch of low life people there, people I despised, people I wished never walked the face of earth. I needed to let my anger out, I needed to get out of this cage that was trapping me. Almost as if all the rage in me was finally filled to the rim, I beat everyone up. With every punch, I imagined my fathers ugly face, promising my brother he'd be back. With every kick, I imagined my mother who lost it and left my brother and I to grow up without a mother's care. Every blew I took, I imagined it being everyone around me, constantly comparing me to my brother, hurting me internally. But once everyone was laying on the ground, I felt the numbness. The numbness was who I am. 
I'm emotionless.
I'm heartless. 
I'm torn. 
I'm everything wrong. 
I'm just me. 
Damn it. 
"Damn it!" 
Why would he chose me? 
I am nothing. 
 
Ding!
"Who is it?"
"It's me."
He door to Baekhyun's apartment opened up and I walked in. 
"OH MY GOSH KAI! WHAT THE HELL HAPP-"
"I'm sorry." I clung to Baekhyun and apologized over and over again. 
"I'm sorry I yelled at you. I'm sorry that I-I'm impulsive. I'm sorry that I always let my anger take over. I'm s-"
"Hey stop that. I can only imagine what you're feeling right now, come on, I'll help you get cleaned up." There was more blood on me than I expected, everything in my body ached. 
Especially my heart.
I sat on the couch sipping some tea Baekhyun made me as he and Chanyeol listened. 
"Why.. Just why me? He's supposed to be perfect." 
"But Kai no one is perfect, we've been trying to tell you that."
"He is though. He is perfect.." I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed,
". He sleeps perfect, he cooks, he cleans.. His grades, his personality. You know I've never met anyone with a more humble personality than Kyungsoo. But now.. He loves me? I mean.. No! I mean he can't! He should love a girl with good grades and a future, not.. Not me. Not his brother."
"What are you going to do Kai? Do you love him back?"
"Woah woah.. As a brother I mean yeah but I've never thought about it that way. I'm not perfect enough for him."
"He's not perfect."
"He is."
"He can't be, no one on earth is perfect." 
"He doesn't have imperfections."
"You can be his imperfection." 
"I can't believe I actually thought about that for the smallest second, no. I won't ruin his life."
"You are his life Kai!" Chanyeol stood up,
"He works hard for you. He wants to impress you because you are the center of his world. The biggest trophy in the case. The highest mountain in the valley. It's his way of being better, for you.. My father called and I have to leave. I know you'll make the right choice Kai." Baekhyun and I followed him to the door, 
"What choice?"
"You either love him back, or turn him loose.. Bye Baekie, love you."
"You too." Chanyeol kissed Baekhyun and left us in the doorway. 
"What're you gonna do?" Baekhyun leaned against the door with his arms casually crossed. I took a deep breath, 
"I'll tell you what I am going to do. I am going to go and pick him up from school, then I am going to go to my job and deliver flowers and chocolates. Then I'll go home and oops, I guess I forgot to give these chocolates out and give them to Kyungsoo to gently butter him up before I discuss the situation. Then we will sleep in the same bed and I won't sleep but he will, then-"
"Ok I got it. But do you love him?"
"I want to hear he loves me from him first." 
 
"What time will you be home?"
"I'll be back around 11:00." 
"That late? Okay, I'll see you then, text me when you leave!"
"Will do, See you later." I dropped Kyungsoo off at the apartment and drove off to work. I would actually be home at 10:00, but I wanted to surprise him by being home 'early' just because I could. He deserves a lot, and a lot is something I cannot give him. 
"Hey boss, I have to get home early tonight."
"Did you finish your deliveries?" 
"Yeah." By the skin of my teeth. 
"He's gotta get home to his baby bro~"
"Shut up Suho." 
"Haha no." 
"Haha you." I smiled at my co-worker,
"Haha you too." And he smiled back. Suho was a year younger than me and attended the same school. We weren't exactly friends, but I suppose we were always friendly. 
"I'll be early tomorrow to make it up!" I'd say my work was a pretty social, relaxed environment. We all spend the first half of work gathering orders and putting them together, so yes, I suppose I am a bit of a florist. The second part, which is the longest, is delivering all the orders. My job is not that hard, but it's very long. I never know how long orders will take. I have to take traffic, location and order size into consideration which usually makes me an half hour-hour late getting home. It was 9:30 when I left, already dark outside. Usually at this time he'd be studying in our room and I was going to slip the chocolates and flowers on the dresser. My plan was to sneak them in. The dresser was just to the right of the door so if I put them there, then called him, he'd see them on the way out. I quietly walked down the hall and like I had expected, the door was cracked with Kyungsoo- Where's Kyungsoo? He wasn't at his desk.. Oh why is he on the floor-
"Kai~" I leaned in the room and looked at down where kyungsoo was leaning against the bed. 
"Mmmhh.. Kai!" I felt like I was going to throw up. 
"Ahh.. Nhh." I covered my mouth Im shock and pressed my back against the wall outside the door. My cat, maru, weaved between my legs and I prayed he wouldn't purr. I breathed as calmly as I could as I felt my eyes sting back tears. As quietly as I could, I left my house. As soon as I was out side, I ran. The images flashed in my mind over and over again as I gathered myself outside. My brother was touching himself, lusting over me. My perfect brother was no longer pure, no longer innocent. The perfection was out the second my name came out from his mouth, doing that sort of thing. 
I hated myself for what I have done to Kyungsoo. 
I have to set this right. 
"Kyungsoo!" I whipped open the door and yelled for him. Kyungsoo was already on the living room though and jumped out of his skin when I bursted through the door. 
"Hyung.."
"We have to talk." I saw the flowers and chocolates on the table. 
"Oh.. Okay?" He furrowed his eye brows. 
"Sit down." Kyungsoo looked uneasy but sat down. 
"Do you love me?" 
"Didn't we already talk-"
"Love me as more than a brother?"
"What?!" His eyes popped and his face flushed. 
"Do you?"
"O-of course not!"
"Then why did you say you were in love with me?"
"Huh?" I pulled out my phone and played the video. Kyungsoo's eyes grew even wider and his cheeks free even pinker. 
"You said you did."
"Why does it matter? You're being weird hy-"
"Don't call me Hyung if you don't think of me that way!"
"Hyung! It's not like that!" Kyungsoo stood up and faced me. 
"Then tell me why you said it!"
"I was drunk!"
"You know what you were saying."
"Of course I didn't!"
"You even told me not to tell myself! Kyungsoo tell me if you do or not!" 
"I don't! And why are you all beat up?"
"Liar! And I fell."
"I-I have a boyfriend!" 
"Huh? You do not! Kyung stop lying!"
"You're the liar! You got in a fight again didn't you?! And I-I have a boyfriend!"
"Do you admit you're gay?"
"EH?! That's not what I s-"
"You just said you have a boyfriend." He was obviously lying, he's always been bad at lying. 
"Y-yes."
"So, then, who's your boyfriend huh? Mr. 'I'm not lying.'"
"Who?"
"Who kyungsoo!"
"Who.."
 
Kyungsoo POV: 
I had to think quickly, so the first name that came to mind, came out of my mouth. 
"Dr. Oh" 
"What?!"
"I'm dating Dr. Oh." 
What did I just get myself into?