Chapter 7

You? Yes, You!

“Erm, my childhood is really ordinary, really.” Jonghyun shrugged non-chalantly, his eyes darted between Donghyun, Onew, and Jeongmin. “I believe you guys would have  way more interesting stories than I.” he continued, drinking his coffee. His shaking hand didn’t go unnoticed, though. Onew looked concerned as he eyed the younger boy. “You don’t catch a cold, don’t you?”

“What?” Jonghyun looked up from his drink to give Onew a look.

“Don’t you dare to have a cold—We have tight schedules tomorrow—“ Onew started, but with a roll of eyes, Jonghyun stopped him short. “Gee, thanks for the concern, hyung, but I’m completely and utterly fine.” He replied, sarcasm dripping from his voice.

Jeongmin laughed before leaning on the table. “One time Jinki hyung was like, so sick that Grandma told him to just stay in bed—“

“Hey, don’t tell them that!” Onew immediately reacts, clamping his hand on Jeongmin’s mouth. “MMPH MMPH!” Jeongmin protests, as Donghyun gave Onew feign disappointed look. “Oh Jinki hyung, I think we agreed to tell our childhood stories.”

With a sigh, Onew let go of Jeongmin’s mouth, who smirked in victory. “Fine. But don’t think you’ll get away with this.” He said to Jeongmin before turning his gaze to Donghyun. “And don’t think you’ll hear this story for free—You must told me your stories as well.” He said before slumped on his seat, a faint glint of red colored his cheeks.

Jeongmin sips his coffee, looking content. He then glance to see that both Jonghyun and Donghyun are giving him the same curious look. He smirked before opening up his mouth. “Oh, where am I? Oh, right. So, Jinki hyung was soooo sick but it’s also in the middle of summer holiday. I know, right? What kind of nerd got sick on the holiday?” he adds nonchalantly, earning a snort from Jonghyun, a giggle from Donghyun, and a smack on the head from Onew.

“So, anyway,” Jeongmin continues, his head. “Jinki hyung had a crush on this girl, and this girl had asked him to go to the pool with her. Being a love sick puppy he was, he agreed to go to the pool. He climbed out the window and go to the pool. Grandma was sooooo pissed off when she found out, but the most exciting part is when he fainted—”

Jeongmin’s story is cutted by Onew’s whimper. The older boy is as red as a tomato, and the three of them couldn’t help but laugh at him.

“So, long story short, he fainted. As soon as his body touches the water, he fainted. His body can’t handle it. Imagine how pissed Grandma when she receives a call that say he fainted on the pool. And let’s just say he ruined any chance he had with the girl—”

“Hey, it’s not fair.” Onew sighed. “Let me tell them the story that involves you and peanut butter—“

   “Aw, but it’s Donghyun hyung’s turn.” Jeongmin replied with red cheeks before looking at Donghyun expectantly. “You better go on to safe me, hyung.” He urged.

Donghyun stuck his tongue out at him. “I better see you embarrassed, but nah,” he replied before clearing his throat. “Like what I told Youngmin—“

“Hey! You also told Youngmin first!” Jeongmin protests.

Donghyun glanced at him, but decided to ignore him. “So, I had a brother. His name is Dongyuk.” He started. He could hear the sharp intake of breath from both Jeongmin and Donghyun, but Onew just leaned on his sit, motions him to continue.

“One day, we decided to go to a river. We played, but then I accidentally push him in the river.” Donghyun shook his head. “It was the most terrifying experience I ever had. I thought I would lose him. I grabbed him by his hair and ignore the cry of pain he let out. Because I knew, if I let go, I’ll never see him again.”

Jeongmin leaned over to pat Donghyun’s shoulder. Onew had sit straightly on his chair as Jonghyun just stared at him, an unreadable expression on his face.

“And what hurts me the most is when—when my Mother and Father split up,” he gulped. “He goes with Mother, while I go with Father. I never see him since.” He finished the story before looking up to both Jeongmin and Onew, who wears the same stunned expression.

 “Hey, what’s with the mood?” He asked jokingly, trying to lighten up the mood.

“What’s with the mood?” Jeongmin asked. “Hyung, you just told me maybe the saddest story ever. Let’s go and laugh.” He continued sarcastically, earning a snort from Onew.

“I.. I think I need to go somewhere else.” Jonghyun suddenly stated, getting up from his chair. “Don’t worry, Jinki hyung, I’ll be on the dorm before eight.” And with that, he left, leaving astonished Donghyun, Onew, and Jeongmin. “Hey!” Onew called out to his back. “At least give me the keys! How am I supposed to get to the dorm without a car?”

“Well, it seems like it’s our job.” With a sigh, Key suddenly appears from nowhere. “Hop on with us, then, hyung.” He said, nodding to the tables where the weird sunglasses club sat. Only then Donghyun realizes that the peoples on the table is Minho, Taemin, and.. Hyunseong? Minwoo? Youngmin? Kwangmin? He blinks his eyes in surprise.

“Hey, what are you guys doing here? I thought you want to catch the bus.” He asked to the nervous looking Youngmin.

“Oh, oh, eh, it’s just, Kwangmin wants to grab a cup of coffee before we go. Right, Kwang?”

“Oh? Eh..” Kwangmin started, but Youngmin nudges his rib, making Kwangmin wince for a split second. “Right. And we just happen to meet Minwoo and Hyunseong here. They had just gotten here after playing soccer with Kibum hyung, Minho hyung, and Taemin hyung.” He continued.

“But I think now we must go, shouldn’t we, Kwangmin?”

And with that, the twin exits the café, Youngmin with Kwangmin in tow.

                ***

 

Hey! Sorry for the late update :( Anyway, have you guys heard about bombings in Jakarta last Thursday? As an Indonesian, that made me really worried, especially because we live in the city beside it and my Father works there :(

Anyway, this is random and kind of late, but Alan Rickman, the guy who played Severus Snape on the Harry Potter series had just died. He died from cancer, and he's 69 (if you just laugh then you're a muggle!) Let's raise your wand to him in condolence.

I'm a Potterhead, so what?! XD