Chapter 2

You? Yes, You!

Is this Donghyun?

Donghyun reads the message on his phone, confused, before finally answer.

Yes. This is Donghyun. Who are you?

ㅋㅋ! This is Jonghyun. Btw, I ask for your number from a boy named Minwoo :D

After reading that, Donghyun yells. A high-pitched yell that always make Kwangmin throw his plushies to him and shout, “You’re a man, hyung! SCREAM LIKE A MAN!” yeah. As if Kwangmin’s scream doesn’t sound like girl’s.

“YA!MINWOO-YA! HOW DARE YOU TO GIVE MY NUMBER TO A STRANGER?!” 

Minwoo lowered the volume on the TV he’s currently watch. “Jonghyun sunbaenim? He said that he’s your friend, hyung. And, wow, he’s SHINee’s main vocalist!” Minwoo said, grinning. His smile disappeared as he sees the older boy did not seem pleased at all. He hurriedly turned the TV off before fled to the kitchen to (well, he said) help Hyunseong with the foods.

Donghyun sighs before tap on his phone.

Yeah. He told me and I scolded him for giving my number to stranger.

 

You sound a lot like my hyung, Jin-ki hyung. He’s also so noisy and nags a lot ><

He smiled as he received a reply from Jonghyun. He then taps on another message:

Yeah. But I do feel sorry after. Hey, do you have a schedule on SB broad-cast tomorrow? My members are fans of your group. I want to met them with your group, it would be great :D

 

Yeah, sure! Why don’t you knock-knock on my dressing room with your members? I’ll text you about the details tomorrow after I checked with my manager, OK?

P.S:  Jin-ki hyung is so excited, btw. He’s talking about meeting young bloods (?) (lol I’m sure he’s not a vampire XD)

 

***

What if I who come to your dressing room? My members have finished, and yours isn’t :P

Donghyun snickers as he received Jonghyun’s message. He and s are on their dressing room, and, yeah, truth to be told, they’re already finish the make-up session. But s were all scattered, talking to each other, helping each other. So, Donghyun couldn’t classify them as ready. Maybe.. half-ready?

Okay. I’ll text you the detail.

He then put his phone down before scream. “BOYFRIEND! GET IN POSITION! MINWOO, COME OVER HERE. JEONGMIN, HYUNSEONG, WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING THERE?! AND FOR HEAVEN’S SAKE, KWANGMIN, PLEASE WAKE YOUNGMIN UP!”

s were all scattered, afraid and shocked, before finally lined up in–front of him.

“Ya, hyeong, what is it? We still have, like, thirty-minutes before the show start.” Youngmin glanced sleepily at the clock while speaking.

“But it is better to be ready when you’re not expected to be ready.” Donghyun answer shortly, glaring at s before his serious glance turn to a naughty smile when the door is knocked.

“Tell you what? They’re probably calls for us. You guys, open the door.” He gestures to s.

They all move lazily to the door before Minwoo opened the door and scream. His scream sounded weird, and.. shocked.

                *** 

“SHINee! SHINee! SHINee sunbaenim!!” Minwoo screams as he opens the door.

“Yeah, yeah, we believe that we’re SHINee.” A man answered, laughing. The rest of SHINee joins his warm laugh before they entered the dressing room.

“I’m Jinki, Lee Jin Ki. Onew by the way.” The man who laughed before introduces himself as soon as he enters the dressing room.

“He’s Minho and Taemin.” Onew points to a two tall guy who stand side by side. “He’s Kibum.” Onew then points to Key beside him.

“And.. Come on, Jonghyun, don’t be shy,” Onew nudges to surprised Donghyun. He’s so happy that s seemed so starstruck to met SHINee that he didn’t pay attention to what Onew had said.

Donghyun is at grasp for words when a twinkling laugh filled the air, broke the awkward situation.

“Come on, hyung, do you think I’m him? How funny.” Jonghyun laughed again. He glares at the other, who didn’t join his laugh (instead, they give him weird looks,) before laughed harder. “Oh, come on, you guys. This isn’t a congress meeting or something. You’re allowed to laugh,” He then exchange glances with Donghyun. And suddenly, there were two guys laughing maniacally while the other just gives a short laugh.

“I think Donghyun hyung had found his soulmate,” Jeongmin comments, mesmerized, as he watches the two boys laugh like something really funny is going on.

“Yeah. I’ve never seen Jonghyun hyung laugh like that ever since our debut.” Minho put in, also looks mesmerized as he watch the two.

                ***

“BOYFRIEND will go to Japan tomorrow, as well as the rest of Starship Entertainment.” BOYFRIEND’s manager announces as soon as they entered the car. He is currently typing on his phone.

“For what?” Jeongmin asks, his eyes didn’t go from his mirror.

“To hold a promotion for Starship’s ‘SNOW CANDY’, of course.”

“Oh, there is a promotion for that song?” Jeongmin asks, making him got hit from Hyunseong. “Of course, you noob. It’s a good song, anyway.”

“What? About falling in love with ‘magical you’?” Jeongmin asked, sneering. But then he laughed, send the other to laugh, too.

“Anyway, Donghyun hyung, you seemed so close with Jonghyun sunbaenim today.”  Youngmin puts in when they stopped laughing.

“Yep. So close it made me jealous.” Minwoo said, playfully hits the older boy’s chest.

Donghyun just laugh. What else could he do? He did feel a strange feeling about Jonghyun, like they’re not just met two days ago. He somehow felt familiar with him.

Donghyun shrugs. “Maybe I and Jonghyun was a friend from previous live.”

Kwangmin shook his head. “Come on, hyung. You look awkwardly familiar to me. Like me and Youngmin. We are awkward in a familiar and comfortable way. You’re just like that to Jonghyun sunbaenim.”

Jeongmin nods as he puts in. “Yeah. It felt like I was watching a sibling, not a friend. You sure you didn’t know him before?”

Donghyun shook his head. “Like what I said before, we could be everything in our previous lives.” He said, he then fell silence as their car reached the parking lot of their dorm. With loud “Don’t forget we go to Japan tomorrow!” and “Sleep early!” shouts from their managers, they proceed to go to their dorm.

                ***

Donghyun couldn’t sleep. No matter how hard he tried, he just couldn’t. Long after Minwoo and Jeongmin stopped chatting on their bunk-bed that Donghyun decided to go to the living room.

He made himself a cup of chocolate before turning on the TV and lowered the volume. He soon found himself watching a re-run of SBS’s Star King.

Donghyun sip a bit of his chocolate before he almost spit all of his chocolate all of a sudden after knowing the Star King’s theme.

                ***

Youngmin find Donghyun cried on the living-room. To be honest, it was his first time seeing his tough hyung like that. (and, also to be honest, it’s Youngmin’s first time to go out at night like that. He’s such a sleepy-head that Minwoo once said a bomb could explode beside Youngmin and he’ll still snore).

He vaguely goes to Donghyun, forgetting his plan about drinking water.

 

Author's Note: OKAY, OKAY, I AM A BIG, FAT LIAR, I ADMIT! I PROMISED THAT I WOULD UPDATE THE WHOLE STORY, BUT HEY, THE FUN IS IN WAITING, RIGHT? *giggles* anyway, although I didn't keep my promise of updating the whole story right away, I guess it would be fair enough if I said I'm going to update once a week? Tee-hee! Forgive me, please *^^*