Chapter 12

You? Yes, You!

“Jonghyun, I have an important announcement to make.” Mrs. Kim said as Jonghyun strolled through the kitchen the next morning, followed by sleepy-looking Donghyun.

“Hmm?” Jonghyun rubs his eyes before pouring himself a glass of water and bumps himself on one of the kitchen stools. “Good morning to you as well, Mother.”

Mrs. Kim laughed. With a swift movement, she slides a plate both to Jonghyun and Donghyun’s hand.

“So,” Mrs. Kim continued, clearing . “Jonghyun­-a, what would you say if I say that I found your brother?”

Upon hearing her words, Donghyun suddenly coughed on his foods, and he quickly gulped down his water with a red face. Jonghyun looked at him with a concerned look before hissing to his mother, “Let’s save it for when we’re both alone, don’t we?”

“But Jonghyun—“

Jonghyun purposely ignored her mother by turning his attention to Donghyun. “So, have your parents called?”

Donghyun looked uneasy as he glanced to Mrs. Kim, who had positioned herself in front of him before nodding. “Yes and no. My sister called and wished me a merry Christmas, but neither my mother or father has called.”

Jonghyun knitted his brows. “Weird.”

Donghyun shrugged it off with a weird laugh. “No, not really. They’re probably mad for me for not coming home—and they’re probably busy as well, taking care of the family diner—“ Donghyun finished his sentence with a shrug.

Jonghyun narrowed his eyes. “Your family had a diner? Cool!”

Donghyun laughed again at the younger boy’s excitement. “Yeah. It’s a chain of diners, actually. They didn’t really approve me working as artist here, but they let me nonetheless. Want to come someday?”

Jonghyun’s eye lit up. “Well, of course!”

“My members always liked to eat there. Hyunseong had said more than once that I should share some of the recipes with him.”

Jonghyun laughed. “If it is really that good, Jinki hyung will probably ask for it as well.”

Donghyun pretends to lock his mouth with a key. “Family secrets, sorry.”

Jonghyun responded with a laugh. “But I am your family.”

Donghyun ponders at the younger’s sentence for a bit, chuckling to himself at the irony Jonghyun had just said. “Yeah. I had known you for quite a long time now.”

And with a wink, he adds, “And I did tell Hyunseong the recipes, though.” He smiled. “After all, we’re one big family.”

 

Donghyun had already packed his bags and is currently waiting for Jonghyun in the front door, ready to leave. The younger boy is taking his time with his mother on Mrs. Kim’s room, and from the sound of it, it sounded like they’re having a heated argument.

Donghyun sighed. He hated arguments.

“..Jonghyun, just listen to me.”

“What’s there to listen, Mother?! He’s dead! Hyung’s dead! You said so yourself! Hyung and Father got shot and die, isn’t that what you’ve said?!”

“..Yes, Jonghyun, but listen—“

“No, Mother. There is nothing more to listen. They’re dead. I must go now. Have a good day, Mother.”

And with that, he slammed the door shut, only to come face-to-face with a surprised looking Donghyun. He smiled bitterly before stomping out of the house, trailed by still-shocked Donghyun.

-------------

What do you guys think of Jonghyun's reaction?

Oh, and just posted a new fanfic titled 'Game Over'. It's a mystery-thriller casted with Jo Youngmin, Jo Kwangmin, Byun Baekhyun, Huang Zitao, Kim Himchan, Bang Yongguk, Im Siwan, Lee Hyunwoo, Lee Kiseop, Yook Seungjae. The link is here, http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1092196/game-over-mystery-thriller-ukiss-exo-boyfriend-bap-btob do take a look if you have a free time~