Chapter 6

You? Yes, You!

“We’ll meet my cousin, hyung.” Jeongmin stated, smiling as he pulled their car into a parking spot.

“What? Your cousin? Why didn’t you tell me before?”  Donghyun snapped, clearly annoyed. “I thought this day was a hyung-dongsaeng day! It’ll be awkward!” Donghyun said again, refuses to go out of the car. Jeongmin sighed before going out and then goes to Donghyun’s door and opened the older boy’s door.

“It won’t be awkward, hyung, gee, I promise. My cousin is someone you know.”

Donghyun’s eyes rise in suspicion. “Since when do I knew your cousin?”

Jeongmin just smiled, as if his smile answered everything, before pulling Donghyun out of the car and locked the car behind him.

 “So, where is he?” Donghyun asked as soon as they entered the café. He trained his gaze all around the room, but he sees no sign of who’s supposed to be Jeongmin’s cousin—The café is empty, except for the two guys in front of the cashier, and five guys on the corner beside the window. Donghyun suddenly sees something odd, and he bent over to whisper to Jeongmin.

“Hey, Jeongminnie.  Why are they all wearing sunglasses?” he asks in a tone full of curiosity. Jeongmin flinches before looking at the direction Donghyun’s currently pointing with his chin. And sure enough, he found seven guys wearing sunglasses, talking loudly to themselves.

“So what, hyung?” He answered rather flustered. “Maybe it’s their dress code. Welcome to the freak club.” He added jokingly.

Donghyun just laughed and started eating his cake, much to Jeongmin’s relief, as he eyed the door and then stand up, a big smile on his face.

“They’re here, hyung!”

                ***

Donghyun looked to the door, clearly confused to see Jonghyun and Onew standing on the door. He looked much more confused when Jeongmin waved at them, and the two of them started walking towards him and Jeongmin.

 “What is this?” Donghyun whispered to Jeongmin as Jonghyun plops himself in front of him, followed by Onew shortly after, who bumped himself in front of Jeongmin. “You said we were meeting his cousin. Are you lying to me?” Donghyun whispered again.

“He’s not lying.” Onew answered in Jeongmin’s behalf, much to Donghyun’s surprise, because he thinks his voice is low enough when he whispered to Jeongmin.

“I’m Lee Jeongmin’s cousin, Lee Jinki. Nice to meet you.” Onew continued, a gleam of mischief twinkling in his eyes, a gleam that didn’t go unnoticed by his cousin.

“But.. what..”

When Donghyun’s still fumbling for proper words for his question, Jonghyun suddenly blurts out, “But hyung, if he’s your cousin, why are you so loud at home, saying things like, ‘oh, how exciting, a junior’ and ‘oh, they’re cute’ when you could meet him every time in a family reunion?” he finishes his long sentence with a sharp intake of breath.

“And Jeongmin, why are you so exciting about meeting SHINee when you practically knew the main vocal and also the leader of SHINee?” Donghyun said, finally finding the right words. “I mean, it makes no sense.”

“I know, right!” Jonghyun adds in, his face red. “I didn’t even know you had a cousin, hyung.”

All this time, Onew and Jeongmin had kept silence until both of the guys were finished. But now, seeing both red-faced and confused Jonghyun and Donghyun, they both couldn’t help but laugh, releasing a similar high-pitched, monotone laugh.

Their laugh get louder when Donghyun and Jonghyun both exchanges a questioning look.

“Oh, you guys are soooo funny.” Onew finally said, wiping the tears from his eyes. “Like, sooo similar.” He adds again, clutching his sides.  Jeongmin is still leaning on the couch, laughing silently.

“And listen, Donghyunnie hyung, like what I told Kwangmin—“

“What, you’d tell him? When? Why don’t you tell me first?” Donghyun cuts in. Jeongmin just glared at the older boy. “Not important. Anyway, I told him that I’m not excited at the prospect of meeting the short, lazy boy who eats all the time—Ouch, that hurts, Jinki hyung!” He complaints when Onew suddenly pinches him. “—Just kidding, Jinki hyung. Anyway, I’m excited to meet SHINee, his group, and not him. Am I making any sense?”

“Ooh, you’re making so much sense that noble would be jealous.” Onew retorted sarcastically as Jeongmin rolled his eye in response. “Same reason here. I’m exciting at meeting his group, a group filled with good hoobaes. Why else would I want to meet him? The self-centered, slouch creature who looks into a mirror all the time—Hey Jeongminnie, that hurts!” he suddenly yelped, clutching his side. Jeongmin smirked in triumph at him. “That’s for pinching me.”

“Wha—? But that didn’t even make sense—“ Donghyun’s sentence clashed with “Do you plan this altogether?” from Jonghyun. They both look at each other before bursting out laughing. Jeongmin and Onew leaned back on their seats, smiling in satisfy.

“ The first meeting in the broadcasting station was intended, hyung. I noticed how BOYFRIEND respected SHINee so much that I feel that I must do something.” Jeongmin grinned.

“And this meeting now—With the two of you—Well, this isn’t initially planned.” Jeongmin smiled sheepishly, scratches his neck.

“I told him that I had a day off, and Jonghyun seemed to be lurking around with no reason, so I asked him if I could bring him together with me.” Onew continued, taking a sip from his coffee. “Funny coincidence, though—Because as soon as I sent him that message, he sent the exact same message for me, asking if he could bring Donghyun along. So I said okay. And here we are.”

Donghyun looked at both of them in amusement. “Wow, Jeongmin. I never knew you had such a close cousin.”

Jeongmin smiled sheepishly as he playfully took a bite from Onew’s cake. The older boy scowled. “Well, we spent a lot of time in our childhood. We live with our grandmother together.”

“Speaking of childhood,” Onew suddenly said, leaning on the table. “Why don’t we share our childhood tales and remember the memory?”

 

Hey! I know it’s soooo random, but can you guys do me a favor and check out Lee Hyunwoo’s new MV, Your Face or 얼굴, the Korean title?

Lee Hyunwoo is an actor who just debuted as a singer trough this song, so please check on him! He’s a capable actor and had starred in numerous movies and dramas, and had worked alongside Minho (SHINee), Jiyeon (T-ara), Sulli, Kwanghee (ZE:A), Kim Woobin, Kim Soohyun, Yoo Seungho, Im Siwan (ZE:A), and many more! Right now, he’s currently shooting a drama with VIXX’s Hongbin.

If you don’t like K-Dramas, then okay! Hyunwoo is one of IU’s closest friend, and even starred in her MV, You and I. He also starred in Akdong Musician’s I Love You MV. He did stage performances, such as High High with ZE:A’s Kwanghee, and Trouble Maker short encore with BEAST’s Doojoon.

Thank you! ~  \(^w^)9