Chapter 13

You? Yes, You!

Donghyun steal another glance at Jonghyun, who’s been dead silent for fifteen minutes already. Jonghyun sighed before turned his head from the window to face the surprised Donghyun, and their eyes meet for a second before Jonghyun smiled way-too-sweetly at him.

“Can you please not staring at me? I know I’m handsome, but you’re starting to make me feel afraid.”

Jonghyun’s absurd sentence made Donghyun burst out laughing, and Jonghyun feigns hurt before snorted as well.

“Well, you’ve been rather a grumpy handsome person since we left your home today,” Donghyun stated matter-of-factly.

Jonghyun grins. “Well. It’s nice to be a grumpy cat.” He said jokingly, referring to a movie both he and Donghyun watched last night.

Donghyun joined in his grin before asking, “You hungry?”

Jonghyun looked at him, looking a bit surprised. He did not expect the older to notice the lack of food he ate this morning.

“No, I’m full. What do you think I’m made of, sack?” he replied jokingly.

Donghyun snorted. “Please. I noticed you playing with your plate earlier. We should pull-out on the next rest area.”

Hyung!” Jonghyun whined, feigns hurt. “Did you try to make me as fat as possible so that Jinki hyung will kick me from SHINee?”

Jonghyun’s words was so absurd that even he himself found that funny, and soon he and Donghyun were both a laughing mess.

“Ah, but seriously,” Donghyun said, wiping the tears from his eyes. “You’re on a tight rope with your Mother earlier. What happened?” he asked lightly, expecting Jonghyun to respond with a light laugh to shrug it off.

Much to his surprise, Jonghyun didn’t answer. 

The younger boy just sighed before bite his lips lightly and turned his gaze out on the road again. He let Donghyun’s question hang in the air, with the big question mark.

Donghyun sighed before pulled in a highway rest-area café. Jonghyun looked at him, confused, but he just shook his head before putting his lips into a tight line before going out the car, motioning Jonghyun to follow him.

                ***

“Hrm, now I’m feeling very lucky,” Jonghyun said, laughing. He just finished his second croissant, and is currently munching on his third one. Donghyun just smiled lightly at him from the tip of his chocolate mug.

“But seriously, hyung, is it all on you?” Jonghyun asked, putting down his croissant for a few seconds to watch Donghyn through concerned eyes. “But that’s highly unfair since I ate most of the things—and you just ordered chocolate!”

Donghyun raised one of his brows. “You better finish that before I changed my mind.” He said jokingly. Jonghyun pouts before took a bite from his croissant again.

Donghyun stared at him before smiling and put his mug down. “So what’s the big deal about that brother I heard you and your mother were talking earlier?” he asked lightly.

Jonghyun’s munch slowed down, and the change didn’t go unnoticed by Donghyun.

Sighing, he put his hands down on the table.  “Hey, aren’t you going to answer me?” he asked softly.

Jonghyun looked at him. “It’s a long story, hyung, and I don’t even feel  like talking about it.”

“I have plenty of time,” Donghyun tried to reason, but Jonghyun just shrugged him off with his signature laugh.

“Don’t take it personally, hyung, but I never even talk about this.. thing with Jinki hyung, and I’ve known him much longer than I’ve known you.” He said rather nonchalantly.

Donghyun feigns hurt. “Aw. I guess eight months is not long enough for me to be your brother?”

Jonghyun laughed. “If eight months makes you my brother, then I don’t even know what all those years makes Jinki hyung, Kibum, Minho and Taemin.”

Donghyun quietly chuckles. “Well, it makes sense.”

Jonghyun nodded, seeming glad that the conversation is finally over. Donghyun sip his chocolate again, quietly eyeing the younger boy in front of him before putting down his mug again.

“But what if all those years are being accumulated, Jonghyun?” he suddenly asked.  Jonghyun looked at him, seemed surprised. “Hyung, I thought we’re done discussing this!” he whined.

Donghyun ignored him. “What if all those years are being accumulated, Dongyuk? Does that made me your brother?”

                ***

Sooo sorry for the late update! Been away on a trip and didn't bring my laptop, so yeah

and after I was back the flu bug hit me like a train

Sooo, moral of the story is, beware of the flu bug! It's cold, so wear your jackets, coats, and get enough water, supplements, and sleep!

didn't know if i could update later in the week or the next week tho ._. exams are coming so GYAH