Chapter 4

You? Yes, You!

Youngmin opens his mouth a bit, agape. “Okay, hyung. It’s really not a good time to joke around.”

Donghyun shook his head sternly. “I am not. Listen, I told you because you have a brother, a twin, that is so close to you. Let me tell you this: I once had a brother too.”

Seeing Youngmin’s shocked expression, Donghyun continued. “I and he were so close. His name was Dongyuk.”

The older boy stop before continue, “Well, I thought it was a perfect life. My father is a police man and my mother is a typical housewives. Since my father is rich, we, me and Dongyuk, got access to all the education available on North Korea.”

“What happens then, hyung?” Youngmin asked. He already sat on the floor, facing Donghyun.

Donghyun smiles sadly. “If there were good times, there were bad times. My father unveiled a corruption done by one of famous general. When he’s in the midst of solving that case, he suddenly got a letter that said that he’s dismissed from his job. Just like that.”

The older boy breathed heavily. “And that’s when the world is collapsing all around me. We couldn’t afford our lives. And our family always lived with scare, because that corrupt general spy is always haunts us. It feels like we didn’t live at all.” Donghyun stopped, surprised when Youngmin wipe his tears. He didn’t even know when the tears come out.

“After that, we decided to run away. My Mother ran with Dongyuk. They go first. I ran with my Father. We ran away two hours later. But then—then, my Father got shot. And I need to run alone. I tried to find Mother and Dongyuk at our meeting point but there was nobody there.” Donghyun shook his head in bitterness. “When I arrive in South, I lived in an orphanage until my new mother adopted me. I live with her and my new father, but I didn’t know anything about Dongyuk and Mother. Maybe they were still alive, hiding. Or maybe they’re—they’re..” Donghyun’s voice trailed off as he burst up into a cry.

Youngmin reaches in and hugged the older boy tightly, embracing the older boy with his little body. “It’s okay to cry, hyung. It’s okay to be a child again.” He said as he Donghyun’s hair.

                ***

The members find Youngmin and Donghyun slept together on the couch in front of the TV when they woke up on 7.30 that morning. The first thing they notice is Donghyun’s red eyes.

“What happened?” Hyunseong was the first to ask, looks concerned as he eyed the older boy.

Donghyun yawned before his ruffled hair. “Ah, it’s nothing. It’s just the movie I and Youngmin watched that give me the feel.” He answers with a heavy voice.

“Youngmin hyung stayed up late to watch TV? WOW.” Minwoo comments.

“But you slept long~ before me and Hyunseong go to sleep!” Kwangmin said, pinching his twin hyung’s toe. The older boy just softly whines before curled to another side of the couch, still sleeping.

“I know, right?” Jeongmin puts in before Donghyun cuts in. “You guys, get ready. We’re off to Japan in one hour and thirty-minutes. You guys showered, okay? I’ll wake Youngmin up.” As the members silently nods and scattered to their rooms, Donghyun softly shake Youngmin’s shoulder.

“Thank you, Youngmin.” He said to the sleepy-looking boy. The younger boy nods in sleepiness as he let out a soft laugh. “Don’t mind it, hyung. I didn’t get many chances to be a hyung for Kwangmin.”

                ***

“So, what happened?” Kwangmin asked as he plopped himself on Youngmin’s bed later that night. They’ve finished their schedule and are now resting in the hotel.

“What happened?” Youngmin asked back, clearly confused.

Kwangmin sighed. “With you and Donghyun hyung.”

“What? I told you we were watching movie and got the feel, so we cried, that’s it.”

Kwangmin rolled his eyes. “Oh please. I know you, Youngmin. I’m your twin. You always woke up late and you’re very easy to get sleepy, plus you’re the laziest person I’ve known in my live. You couldn’t possibly stay up all night. And Donghyun hyung is so tough and neat and organized. He wouldn’t cry because of a silly movie.” Kwangmin watched Youngmin sternly as the older boy rearrange the blankets.

“Come here, Kwang.” He said, motioning to a place beside him. Kwangmin lay beside him.

“Like what you’ve said, I’m the laziest person alive. But listen to what this lazy bones need to say. I’m very easy to get sleepy, so listen closely.”

                ***

“No, it couldn’t be, hyung!” Kwangmin let out a muffled shriek after hearing Youngmin’s story. Okay, truth to be told is: Youngmin holds a pillow in front of Kwangmin’s face to prevent him from shouting.

Youngmin nods sadly. “Although it’s hard to believe, it’s true.”

Kwangmin shook his head sternly before reaching his twin’s hand and squeeze it tightly. “I couldn’t imagine separated from you, hyung. Even though you’re so annoying sometimes, I still love you.” The younger snuggles in his hyung’s chest as the older his hair.

“I know, Kwang. I know. Imagine how hard it must be for him, being separated like that, without knowing the destiny of his brother and mother.”

Suddenly Kwangmin jolted up, hitting his hyung’s chin. “Aw, Kwangmin, that’s hurt!” Youngmin complains, his chin.

“Sorry, hyung. I’m just too excited. JONGHYUN SUNBAENIM!” Kwangmin shrieked as Youngmin once again holds a pillow in front of his face.

“Now you’re calling me Jonghyun? You sure you didn’t break your brain when you hit my chin?” Youngmin asked, half-jokingly.

“No, hyung.” Kwangmin shook his head impatiently. “Jonghyun sunbaenim. Don’t you remember his similarities with Donghyunnie hyung? They could be related or somewhat!”

“What? Jonghyun—“ Youngmin’s sentence being tangle in the air as acknowledgement creeps in. “It’s ridiculous, Kwang. How many percents people succeed on being an idol?” Youngmin shook his head sternly.

“Yeah, but there’s still probability, Hyung.” Kwangmin answered vaguely. Youngmin just shook his head slowly as he the younger’s hair. “Let’s sleep, Kwang. I’m exhausted.”

Kwangmin sighs as he laid himself beside his hyung.

 

________

Aaah, I felt so relieved right now hehe.