Chapter 15

You? Yes, You!

"Never say goodbye, because saying goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting." - Peter Pan

 

Japan, 23 December 2014, 23 PM.

“Mom, you don’t have to do that, that’s so annoying, you know,” Jonghyun whines as soon as he sees his mother running her hand through her hair for the umpteenth time. Mrs. Kim just smiled before reach out her left arm to fling it casually on her son’s arm. She looked nervous, as do Jonghyun. Well, Jonghyun had a better mechanism of hiding his nervousness by listening to the headset plugged to his ears since they arrived in Narita Airport.

Donghyun sighed in nervousness, exhaustion, and also giddiness as he watched his brother and mother, that has fell into an adorable quarrel again. His eyes then landed to his wrist-watch before a slight buzz made him tap on the green button on his touch-screen phone.

“Hello, Pa?”

The sound coming from Donghyun, which hasn’t utter even a word after the three of them got off from the baggage claim area made Jonghyun and Mrs. Kim stopped. Jonghyun roughly pulled the headset that had been plugged to his ears and started playing with his fingers nervously, while Mrs. Kim ran another hand through her hair.

Donghyun smiled. “Yes, yes, okay. Thank you. Sure, see you later. Love you too.” With that, the oldest boy turned off his phone before giving both nervous-looking Jonghyun and nervous-looking Mrs. Kim a weird stare. Without another words, he swipe his phone open, and opened the camera application.

The light blitz snaps Jonghyun back to his grouchy-nervous-excited state. “Hey!” He protested, covering his eyes when Donghyun laughed loudly as the older boy showed the picture to Mrs. Kim, who also began laughing.

“Oh, I just can’t resist it, you know,” Donghyun said in-between laughs, before showing his phone to Jonghyun. A lost-looking Jonghyun and Mrs. Kim with a look of frustration greeted Jonghyun’s eyes, and the younger boy snorted, not even realizing it.

Donghyun smiled in satisfaction as he pockets his phone and patted Jonghyun on his shoulder, resisting another wave of laugh.

Appa said he’ll arrive here in the next half-an-hour. The snow is falling like crazy and he’s afraid of the slippery road, so he’s driving on a slow speed.” Donghyun said while pulling his bag to the nearest chair and bumped himself. Both Jonghyun and Mrs. Kim did the same.

“I’m going to go buy us some warm drinks. Take care of yourself, okay?” Mrs. Kim said to both of the boys once she done settling the luggage to one of the chairs beside Donghyun. Donghyun nods, and, Mrs. Kim, smiling to her sons, went to buy some drinks.

 

“Your fans will love that handsome pic of yours,” Donghyun  suddenly said playfully and Jonghyun hits the older boy on his shoulder, groaning. “Hyung!”

“Just kidding, okay. Just kidding. Although if I were you, I’ll be kinder to me.” Donghyun said again, a playful smile crawling on his lips.

Jonghyun whines again before putting his head on the older boy’s left shoulder. “If you do anything with my photo, I’ll make sure the public gets the photo of you sleeping with your mouth opened, with drools all over your face…”

“Okay, okay, stop it.” Donghyun said, quickly clasped his palm all around the younger boy’s mouth, preventing him to utter another word before quickly looked around to make sure that no one heard what Jonghyun had said.

“I’ll be kinder to myself.” Jonghyun said again after his mouth was being released, a mischievous gleam filled his eyes.

Donghyun raised his arms in feign surrender. “Okay. You won. Whatever. The kinder one always gave up, you know. To make their bratty, fat, whiny, brother happy.”

Upon hearing the end of Donghyun’s sentence, Jonghyun laughed. His head bobbed up and down on Donghyun’s shoulder, and Donghyun couldn’t resist the urge to reach down and brushed the younger boy’s head with his hands.

Jonghyun whined in protests, and Donghyun suddenly remembered that Jonghyun didn’t like it when people mess with his hair.

Still, the older boy couldn’t resist the urge to smile when the younger suddenly looked up, and looked straight to his eyes. “I love you, Donghyun hyung. Don’t ever go again.”

Donghyun smiled in return as he moved his left arm that has been leaned on by Jonghyun and fling it to the younger boy’s shoulder, making both of them fell into a comfortable kind of hug. He brushed another strand of hair from Jonghyun’s eyes before smiling and tightens his grip. “I’ll always be by your side, Jonghyun. I love you too.”

And with that, the two brothers fell into a comfortable silence, watching the snows falling from the windows and talked quietly to each other, while laughing once in a while.

And that’s how, the two brothers, who had been separated for so long they didn’t even remembered, founded one another.

And with that, somehow, the brothers finds home in each other’s presence.

End.

 

Huaaa I don’t even know what I should feel right now tbh ;___; of course I felt kind of.. sad.. and.. empty? I don’t know, I started this story on 2014 when I was still in junior high and then I finish it two years later on 2016 and the time flies so fast that I’m already in Senior High TT__TT

Now I felt old.

Thank you guys who had supported, commented, viewed, and subscribed my story *^^* I really, really, really appreciate that. Especially because I don’t have an exact update schedule and you guys who still read this until the end are seriously amazing!! \(^0^)/

But what am I rambling abt srsly. As you may know, I’m not good with sappy words .__.

So, I just wanted to say thank you, and love you to you who had viewed, subscribed, and commented on this story.

Special thanks goes to Kawaiidesuka, SuperShannon, piuxel, meeseng, paula1988, Inspiritexoelf, TheLocked, I_am_Myself (you changed your id? :)), ynnabanana, eenqai, JAYU_ZAYA, shinHY [F], RinDeline, kimminah89 and Bookworm01.

Love you guys! Eat a lot, smile a lot, and let’s meet again soon! :))