Chapter 5

You? Yes, You!

“WHAT?!” Lee Jeongmin’s eyes practically popped out as Kwangmin told him all-about-Donghyun story and his speculation about Jonghyun.

“Youngmin Hyung said it is ridiculous, but I think there might be a possibility.”

Jeongmin slowly nodded before looking out of the airplane window. “Mmm. Why don’t we find out about it?”

“How?”

Jeongmin smiled. One of his sly smile. “You didn’t know that Jinki hyung is my cousin, didn’t you?”

“WHAT?!” Kwangmin yelled, sounded stunned. “Hey, if that’s the case, why do you even excited to meet them? I suppose you probably would see Jinki at every family meeting, then.”

Jeongmin waves his hand nonchalantly. “Oh, I’m not excited at the prospect of meeting him.” He crunched his nose. “No, I’m excited at the prospect of meeting SHINee, his group. They’re cool. Am I even make sense?” He giggled to himself, eyeing confused Kwangmin.

                ***

No, Jonghyun never told us about his past. And we never ask. He seemed so sensitive about it. Anyway, Jeongminnie, why’d you ask?  

 

It’s a long story, hyung. It involves Jonghyun, and our hyung: Donghyun.

 

Why don’t we meet up tomorrow afternoon on our usual café? I’m free at that time.

Okay. ‘ll be there.

                ***

“Is it even possible?” Onew ask. He slowly stirs his coffee.

“That’s why I ask you, hyung. If our speculations are right, then we have happy brothers.”

“But if it doesn’t, then we’d break their hearts with false hope.” Onew slowly sip his coffee.

Jeongmin nods sadly. “Yeah. I already expect that you’d disagree.”

“Who said I disagree?” Onew said, a naughty smile curled up on his lips. “I said, I brought Jonghyun tomorrow afternoon here as you brought Donghyun. Deal?” Onew hold his hands, the way they always do when making a vow.

Jeongmin bites his lips vaguely. “I didn’t know, hyung.. Like what you’ve said, if it’s not their brothers, then we would break their hearts.”

Onew give his naughty smile again. “We don’t know till we try, right, Jeongminnie? So, deal?” Onew hold his hands again. And this time, Jeongmin squeezed it. “Deal.” He whispered.

                ***

“Hyung, me and Kwangmin will go to our home.” Youngmin said to Donghyun, which is currently sitting on the couch, legs sprawling, watching TV. Donghyun looked up at him. “You want me to drive you guys?”

“Gee, it’s not our home is in Antarctica or something,” Kwangmin interjects. “It’s only two hours by bus, for god’s sake.” Kwangmin rolls his eyes at Donghyun, before rushing to the door, Youngmin in tow.

“.. Quick, Hyung, Eomma said she’ll make samgyetang for lunch, remember?”  Donghyun catches a glimpse of their conversations before the door slams shut. Sighing, he casted a glance around the dorm. Hyunseong and Minwoo had gone to play soccer with some friends, clearly enjoying the day off they got. Donghyun rubbed his eyes. Yeah, he could probably make use of the day off.

Donghyun turned off the TV, and gets up from the coach with a yawn. He already put his hand on the doorknob to his bedroom  when a cheerful voice boomed.

“Good morning, Donghyunnie hyung!”

Donghyun yelled, surprised. He turned around to find a grinning Jeongmin, brushing a towel on his wet hair, in front of the bathroom door.

“Gosh, I thought there’s nobody here!”  He said, holding his chest. Jeongmin giggles before put his towel. “Aw, you cannot possibly forget this handsome boy over here is still here, aren’t you?” Jeongmin strike a pose, and Donghyun giggles.

“What are your plans for today, Hyung?” Jeongmin asked, heading to the kitchen. Donghyun could hear him pour juice to a glass.

“Erm, sleeping?” Donghyun suggests. Jeongmin’s head plopped from the kitchen, with a look of disapproval. “Aw, no, you couldn’t spend a rare one day off just sleeping in,” He said, sipping his juice before putting it on the kitchen counter.

“Say, there’s a nice café I knew. Why don’t we go there?”

Donghyun hesitates. He really is sleepy and tired. Jeongmin sees Donghyun’s hesitation and grab the older boy’s hand. “Come on, hyung, it’s on me, then."

------

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!! FIRST UPDATE OF THE YEAR TEE-HEE. I'm sorry I didn't upload sooner, I was away from my laptop for holiday and then I catch a cold :( anyway, Happy Holiday and Happy New Year!

-----

P.S: Thankyou-thankyou to taratata, Black_Dandelion, shinHY, eenqai and theJulliette for your comments! I'm sorry if I haven't replied it personally :( but I'd like you guys to know that I read and appreciates all your comments! In the future, I promise I'll reply to your comments personally ;)) LOVE YOU GUYS!