Chapter 9

You? Yes, You!

Hyung, want to come to our house for Christmas this year? Well, technically, it isn’t exactly on Christmas since we had to do show on Christmas day—”

“In what occasion?” Donghyun cuts Youngmin off, eyeing the younger boy suspiciously that Kwangmin suddenly felt guilty although he didn’t do anything wrong. Yet.

“For Christmas occasion, obviously,” Youngmin adds in, suddenly appeared from behind his twin, holding two mugs. He gave one to Kwangmin before plops himself on the sofa beside his twin, sipping his drink.

“Yeah, but why me? Only me?” Donghyun asked, glancing all around the living room, to Jeongmin and Minwoo that’s playing video game (well, Minwoo tried his best) to Hyunseong that’s reading one of Kwangmin’s comics.

“No, hyung, they asked me as well—“ Jeongmin yelled from his position. “—Aw, shoot.” He complains loudly as Minwoo shot one of his soldiers down on the game. “—beginner’s luck. Anyway, I can’t make it since my family planned to go on a trip to Japan this holiday.”

“And I and my sister already planned trip all across Busan!” Minwoo chimed in, brightly before his face darkened when Jeongmin shots his soldier.

“Yeah, I also promised my Mother I’ll help her with the cooking,” Hyunseong continues. “Just go, hyung—we don’t want to see you sulking here all holiday.”

Donghyun sighed. “Is that really okay with your parents?”

Youngmin shrugged. “Yeah, sure. They even asked if we could bring all four of you. Hyunmin’s cool as well.” he answered.

Donghyun nods. “Then I’ll go.”

Kwangmin shoo the older boy with his left foot. “Shoo. Go now.”

Donghyun widened his eyes. “What? Now you tell me to go? Sheesh, you guys are so hypocrite—the minute you tell me to go to your house, the next minute you shoo me out of the room—“

Kwangmin gave him a weird look. “Go and pack your things, hyung.”

“Why? Now you tell me to go out to freeze in the snow?”

Kwangmin sighed, looking to his twin for help. “We’re leaving after tomorrow’s show, hyung. Our Father will pick us up on the studio.” Youngmin explained.

Donghyun suddenly looks mortified. “Wait, tomorrow? Why tomorrow?”

Youngmin sighed again for the umpteenth time. “Because, tomorrow is Christmas, hyung.”

                ***

“Ready, hyung?” Youngmin asked to a nervous-looking Donghyun in the lobby. They had finished today’s show and are now standing in the narrow lobby, each of them had a bulky bag beside them.

Donghyun gulped. “Ready, I guess.” He said before taking a step forward—

—and collided instantly with Jonghyun.

Donghyun looks apologetically at Jonghyun, who’s currently phoning someone. Jonghyun held out his hand , signaling Donghyun to wait.

“Spending Christmas somewhere, I guess?” he said politely after he ends the call, eyeing their bags.

Donghyun smiled. “Yeah. Youngmin and Kwangmin invite me to come to their home.”

Jonghyun nods to Youngmin and Kwangmin, who nods in return. “It’s funny though—I was going to ask you to spend Christmas with me. It’s only me and my Mom. All of my members can’t make it, and I suddenly remembered you. But it seems like you’re off limits as well.” He continued with a glint of sadness.

Youngmin suddenly opened up his mouth. “It’s okay if you want to take Donghyun hyung,” he said. “Our brother is going to bring his friends—the house is probably packed full—“

“—with loud teenagers.” Kwangmin finished his brother’s sentence, grinning.

“What? You guys are so hypocrite—“ Donghyun started.

“We’re off, hyung!”

“Bye!”

“Take care of our Donghyun hyung, hyung!”

And with the loud exit, Youngmin and Kwangmin exited the door, leaving astonished-looking Donghyun and Jonghyun.

“Well, I guess you can come to my house tonight?”

                ***

Well, that's a chapter. Hehe. Anyway, school had not killed me. Yet. And even if school doesn't kill me, believe me, trigonometry would.