Nine

Define Lust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was thursday and tons of works and frustrating deadlines busied me more. I didn't even bother having lunch as I really wanted to finish everything on time so I could have my free time after work. But I doubt if that's gonna happen 'coz there are still a lot of things to do until tomorrow.

 

 

I pulled myself away from the laptop and leaned my back on the chair, closing my heavy eyes in attempt to have even few minutes of rest. The last time I checked my watch was five o'clock in the afternoon. That was supposed to be the end of my shift, but the diligent employee I am, I stayed here in the office and I don't know what time is it anymore. Most of my workmates went home already and there are just three of us in the office right now.

 

 

I badly want to go home and slump myself onto my bed already. I've had enough for this day, there's still tomorrow so might as well finish the rest tomorrow.

 

 

I opened my eyes and stood up from the chair lazily. I closed my laptop before turning to my workmate just beside my cubicle.

 

 

"I'll just go to the restroom", I told her and she just nodded as her eyes were focused on her laptop.

 

 

And so I left the office and walked over to where the restroom is. My feet felt so heavy because of tiredness that I wish I could just fly so I could reach the restroom already.

 

 

I was still dragging my feet in the corridor when a loud voice startled me. I stopped on my tracks and glanced around to see where the voice was coming. And it seemed that it was coming from the room which was few steps away from me, specifically speaking, it was Taeyeon's office.

 

 

Out of curiosity, I walked over to the room and leaned my ear a bit closer to the door so I could hear the conversations clearly. I was fully aware that eavesdropping was never a good thing. But I was really curious at the moment and besides, it's not a crime to listen, so I stayed there waiting for someone to speak again.

 

 

"You can just finish all these works tomorrow, Tae. That event is much important than anything else right now", the voice spoke again.

 

 

Because of the distinctness of the husky voice, I easily got to know who the person is. It's Tiffany. So that explains why the voice was loud. She's not yelling. Her voice was just so loud.

 

 

"I need to get this all done tonight, Fany-ah. You know I always finish every work that I started. I can't leave this paper works hanging until tomorrow", another person answered.

 

 

It's Taeyeon. She's still finishing some works? I glanced on my wrist watch and it read eight o'clock in the evening. It was already three hours after the office hours had ended but she's still working? And wait, what are they talking about?

 

 

"But you can't miss the party as well. Tae, tonight will be the announcement of dad's retirement. And just so you're not forgetting why you should be there, you're going to be the company's new president, for goodness' sake", Tiffany said in a serious tone.

 

 

And with that, I remembered what I heard from my workmates yesterday. So it was true. Taeyeon will really take over of the company when President Hwang retires. And that is tonight.

 

 

"I know. I'll try to finish this as soon as possible and I will immediately go there", Taeyeon replied in a low voice.

 

 

"You better be, Tae. You know you can't disappoint dad. Not tonight", Tiffany said one last time.

 

 

Seconds later and I already heard footsteps approaching the door. I hurriedly ran over to the restroom which was just near the room and closed the door carefully as I leaned my back on the door.

 

 

A deep sigh escaped my lips for unknown reason. Why do I feel like there's a tension between the situation. Why do I feel like something's just not right. And why do I suddenly feel worried for Taeyeon.

 

 

Am I getting things right.

 

 

~+~

 

 

After spending minutes in the restroom, I finally decided to walk back to the office to gather my things. But I was surprised when I found the office empty. It seemed that my two workmates already left without waiting for me.

 

 

I heaved a sigh as I started packing up. After gathering all my things, I proceeded to the elevator and I was surprised again when I found Taeyeon alone inside. The elevator door was about to close but Taeyeon was quick to press open the moment she saw me. She motioned me to get inside and I didn't hesitate to comply. The elevator door shut as soon as I got inside. It started moving, then.

 

 

Awkward silence filled the corners as none of us dared to speak. We just stood there side by side, my head was hanging low as I stare on my feet. There was nothing interesting about my feet but I just don't want to look at Taeyeon so I kept my gaze below.

 

 

It felt like years had passed but we're still not reaching the ground floor and I just want to jump out of here already. The awkwardness was killing me, but before I could complain, the elevator suddenly trembled and soon it came to a halt.

 

 

I looked up to Taeyeon nervously and she stared at me as well. But before our system could absorb what was happening, the lights automatically went off and total darkness filled us.

 

 

I let out a squeal because of the sudden absence of light. I really am afraid of darkness and I don't know what I would do when times like this happen. I let out a squeal once again but was cut off when I suddenly felt a tight embrace.

 

 

"Sica!", it was Taeyeon who's wrapping her short arms around my body securely, "Please don't panic. I'm here."

 

 

I was taken aback by her action so I fell silent, gulping down all the screams I want to let out.

 

 

She led me to one corner and I felt my back touch the elevator wall as she was still hugging me tight. Though I cannot see what she was doing, it seemed like she was fishing out something from her pocket. She lifted the thing up and a small amount of light emitted from it, turns out to be her cellphone.

 

 

"Are you okay?", she asked me with an anxious tone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter