Eight

Define Lust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The other day, I got a bit busier as our deadlines were rescheduled sooner than expected because of the forthcoming holiday. We needed to settle all the paper works this week since we wouldn't be able to do that when holiday comes. So I buried myself on the pile of papers waiting for me as soon as I arrived in the office.

 

 

It was somehow pressuring but I managed to finish almost 3/4 of my works after lunch. And I am now down to two more papers. The thing is, I need them to be signed by Taeyeon. But that boss of mine was nowhere to be found. I tried looking for her in every corner of our department, even in other departments but she was really missing. So I just went back to my cubicle and rested for a couple of minutes while checking everything.

 

 

By the way, if you would ask me what happened to the 150 copies of Taeyeon's documents yesterday, well of course, I didn't make it. Who in her right mind would produce 150 copies of each of 20 documents in just an hour? Such a waste of ink and paper. I was so sure that Taeyeon was just really exaggerating yesterday so I just gave her 2 copies each instead. She didn't complain so I took that as a victory. Hah.

 

 

But now I really need her sign and I only have two hours to find her. Where could that midget be?

 

 

I stood up from my chair, gathered the papers I need, and was about to look for Taeyeon again, when my co-employees caught my attention.

 

 

"Seriously, Girls' Generation? Aren't you old enough to read this kind of magazine? Kpop is just for teens", my workmate told my other workmate.

 

 

Their cubicle was just beside mine so whenever I stand up from my seat, they are the first people I see. And they were really talking loud at the moment so I peeked through their cubicle and greeted them.

 

 

"Hey, what's the commotion here?", I started.

 

 

They immediately greeted me back when they saw me.

 

 

"Oh hey, Jessica. Well, as you see, our friend here just bought a magazine of Girls' Generation and gawked at those nine long-legged girls instead of finishing the employees' payrolls", my workmate explained then glared at our other workmate who bought the magazine.

 

 

"I can't help it. They're really pretty and gorgeous and talented and all. They're perfect! Take a look, Jessica. They are goddesses on earth", she defended then handed me the magazine.

 

 

I reached for it and flipped through the pages nonchalantly. I am not really fond of kpop so I don't get why many people were addicted to it. Well, people nowadays.

 

 

"Whatever. Anyway, I have a more interesting news to share", my workmate spoke again.

 

 

I was still flipping through the magazine but I can still hear them clearly.

 

 

"I've heard from the upper department that President Hwang will be having a party tomorrow night in their villa and that only businessmen and some people from media are invited", she whispered to our other workmate, but still audible for me to hear.

 

 

"What's the purpose of that party?", the other curiously queried.

 

 

"I've heard that the party is for Director Kim Taeyeon. The upper department said that President Hwang will be announcing his retirement, and that the person who will take over as the President of the company, is Director Taeyeon."

 

 

I automatically lifted my head when I heard what my co-employee revealed. President Hwang, will be handing the company to .. Taeyeon? But why? I mean, I am not doubting Taeyeon's capability. I know how great of a superior she is. But why not Tiffany? She's the president's daughter. And Taeyeon is just .. his daughter's girlfriend.

 

 

My mind was in a battle of its own when our team leader suddenly appeared and snapped me back to reality.

 

 

"Ms. Jung, are you still looking for Director Kim? I saw her entered the president's office. You can wait for her outside so she could sign the remaining papers", our team leader meekly said.

 

 

As I was still dazing, I just nodded unconsciously and went to the tenth floor where the president's office is located.

 

 

I stood outside the door and stared at the space as I was still thinking of what my co-employees talked about earlier. It just came out as a gossip, but if that news really came from the upper department, there is a high possibility that it was true. And considering that Taeyeon is now inside the president's office, which was very rare, gave me a hint that the news was indeed true.

 

 

Should I be happy for her? Because I know that this was one of her biggest dreams. And she can finally achieve it now. Or should I feel bad for myself? Because if that happens, the chances of being with her would never be possible anymore. She'll be just like an unreachable star that even miracle fails to meet.

 

 

Forever, unreachable.

 

 

 

The door creaked open and out came the person I've been looking for since morning. I looked up to her and she seems surprised seeing me outside the door. But I was more surprised seeing her without the dark aura or the deathly glare she used to have. Her eyes were, sad, I must say. And it doesn't suit her angelic face. It never suited her beautiful feature.

 

 

"Jessica?", she called out my name as she noticed that I was zoning out.

 

 

Even her voice was weak. It was not the usual cold or harsh tone she used to give. It was calm this time. Sad and calm.

 

 

"I .. I just need you to sign this papers", I answered.

 

 

I handed her the folder without taking my eyes off of her. She took it and stared at it for a good ten seconds before lifting her head to face me.

 

 

"Uh, Sica?", she called out again, her brows were furrowed.

 

 

"Yes?", I replied, still staring at her.

 

 

"Do you want my autograph?", she asked.

 

 

What a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter