Eleven

Define Lust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was past 12am when I got home. Exhaustion is an understatement. It has been a long tiring day and a much needed warm shower is all I can think of as I stepped inside my apartment. I didn't even bother to put my bag in its proper place and just dropped it on the floor on my way to the bathroom. As I the shower and let the drops of water pour onto my body, thoughts came flooding me again.

Taeyeon confessed to me. Not to mention, she confessed in the most unromantic place. Far from the dream of every girl. It was not so fantasy-like. But who cares if her first 'I love you' was uttered inside a busted elevator? The thing is that, she loves me. I have waited so long for this very moment to come. All those sleepless nights and all the tears that I have shed for her, has finally paid off. Taeyeon loves me. She said she does. But then, there is still Tiffany. What will happen to us now? Will she break up with Tiffany just to be with me? Or will we just go back to what we were before?  buddies. Just the thought of the latter is already clenching my heart. I don't want to be her buddy anymore. I want her to be mine. But that wouldn't be possible if she's still with Tiffany. Yoona is right. Taeyeon needs to choose between me and her girlfriend. She can't have us both.

After minutes of pondering under the running water, I finally decided to call it a night. I wrapped myself in a clean towel and stepped out of the bathroom to get dressed. After slipping into a comfortable pyjamas, I took out my cellphone from my bag and immediately crawled under the blankets. 

Fumbling with the keypads, I have never been so conscious in composing a simple text message. I was thinking of texting Taeyeon but my mind and fingers won't cooperate. Goodness, Sooyeon! Just greet her goodnight, press send, and then go to sleep! I was mentally scolding myself. Why am I even nervous to text her? We're okay now, right? She kissed me, and I kissed her, and...ugh! 

I fumbled with the keypads again and typed in, 'Goodnight, Tae..' Isn't it too simple? It sounds boring and uninterested. Should I add an 'I love you' to it? But that would sound too clingy, and cheesy. And besides, we're not officially together, so. After internally facepalming myself, I decided to settle with a simple 'Goodnight, Tae' and pressed the send button. There! I can finally sleep now.

I placed my phone just beside me on bed and fluttered my eyes shut, hoping that sleep visits me soon.

Will she reply? A part of me was whispering things just above my ear.

No. She's probably asleep now. Beside Tiffany. The other part of me whispered back.

What the hell. And since when did I break into two parts? I tossed and bed, convincing myself that I should sleep now because work still starts early tomorrow.

But guess what? I couldn't.

I sat up, picked my phone, and stared at the screen. Am I really hoping that she will reply? Come to think of it, Taeyeon isn't the type of person to text too much. Before, Taeyeon will just text me if she's coming home, or if she sends money to my bank account. She never texted me sweet nothings. So why am I hoping now? I heaved out a soft sigh. And besides, she's probably asleep at this time. Beside Tiffany.

Beside Tiffany.

A frown crept up my face and before I let myself get drowned in the ocean of thoughts again, I decided to dismiss it and just save it for tomorrow. I was about to put my phone down when my ringtone abruptly blasted. I brought it up and my eyes formed a perfect O shape in disbelief.

Taeyeon is calling. She didn't reply. But she is calling.

I cleared the invisible lump on my throat before pressing the answer button, bringing my phone up to my ear. "Tae?", I started in a low tone.

"Sica, Hi", she answered in a soft voice, "Did I wake you up?"

I shook my head as a response but I realized that she wouldn't see me so I replied, "No. Not really. I was just about to sleep", I couldn't sleep, to be honest. "Why are you still up?" I added.

I heard some shuffling sounds on the other line and I am guessing that she has shifted in a sitting position. "I couldn't sleep", she answered.

"And why is that? You have to wake up early tomorrow", I bit my lip to prevent myself from sounding like a mother.

"I'm thinking of you."

Those four words

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter