Six

Define Lust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We ended up going to a restaurant just near the mall because of Tiffany's invitation. Yoona and I couldn't come up with an alibi so we had no choice but to come with them. Us four, Me, Yoona, Tiffany and Taeyeon. What a bonding. 

 

We gave our orders to the waiter and it didn't take long  until the dishes were served. Beside me was Yoona, and infront of us were of course, Tiffany and Taeyeon. 

 

 

The first few minutes were spent by just eating. Until Tiffany started blabbering random things that came into her mind. She was really loud, and hyperactive, I must say. But atleast it's better than being engulfed in awkward silence. Like me, who just sat there eating and smiling occasionally when Tiffany would say things to me. Yoona, who would exchange conversations to her bestfriend just to convince herself that nothing's awkward. And Taeyeon, who didn't speak a word since we arrived at the restaurant. I suddenly felt bad for Tiffany who was oblivious to the subtle tension between us.

 

 

The chat went on with Tiffany leading the topics as I observed that she was really interested about me and Yoona's friendship. Her questions bombarded us, like, how did we meet, when and where, first impressions, what's our status now, like, the heck. What status? It's not as if we're dating. But nonetheless, we just answered her questions to satisfy her curiosity. But we didn't tell her the full details of course. 

 

 

"So, Jessica, what do you do for a living now? I mean, your job?", asked Tiffany. 

 

 

Just then I remembered what Yoona and I are supposed to do after going to the mall. We're supposed to find a job. But since Tiffany dragged us here, we didn't be able to do that plan. 

 

 

"Uhm, well actually, I'm just about to look for job hirings before we met in the mall", I answered honestly. 

 

 

I saw Taeyeon shot a glance at me. What's her problem now?

 

 

"Oh, uhm, what position are you applying for?", asked again the ever so curious Tiffany. 

 

 

"Well nothing specific. I kinda need a financial support now so any job will do", I replied.

 

 

And I saw Taeyeon hung her head low. Probably guilty? I do not know. 

 

 

"Oh that's a great timing! We're actually looking for new office staffs in our HR department", the redhead blurted excitedly, "Oh I forgot to tell you. My family is running an aviation company and me and TaeTae are handling most of the departments. We're really in need of staffs now, so since you also need a job, how about applying in our company?", she beamed widely. 

 

 

I suddenly felt tensed. Would that be a good idea? Yes, I really need a job now but wouldn't that be more awkward and risky if I'll work for their company, for them to be exact? Can I imagine myself seeing them everyday and hurting myself more?

 

 

"Uhm, but, I'm afraid I couldn't meet your qualifications. You know I--", I was trying to come up with an alibi but she cut me off. 

 

 

"It's okay, Jessica. We're not that strict. And besides, I believe you can make it. Cmon, I'm on your back. Just give it a try", Tiffany encouraged. 

 

 

I'm not really good at false reasoning so I don't know how to escape her offer. Besides, I really need that job since I doubt if other employers would accept me because I lack in skills. 

 

 

I was in a deep thought as Tiffany continued to tell me reasons why I should apply in their company. She assured me that she would help and guide me if ever that bothers me. And it would be so rude of me to reject such great offer. 

 

 

I heaved a sigh as I turned to Yoona to get her opinion about it. She just smiled at me as if saying that it's still my decision, whatever makes me happy will do. As expected from her, she doesn't want to intrude my decision and just supports me in whatever decision I make. I heaved another sigh as I turned back to Tiffany. 

 

 

With a nervous smile, I answered her, "O-Okay. I'll try." 

 

 

Tiffany's face lit up immediately and reached for my both hands to give a shake. 

 

"Great! You won't regret this, Jessica. I promise", she squealed and showed her (in)famous eye smile.

 

 

I hope so, Tiffany. I do hope that I won't regret this. And that you won't regret this as well.

 

 

"Give me your number later, okay? I'll just go to the restroom", Tiffany excused then turned to her bestfriend, "Yoong, c'mon accompany me. You know I'm afraid to go to public restrooms alone."

 

 

"Aish, such a kid", Yoona muttered in a playful irritated tone.

 

 

She turned to me and showed an expression as if asking me if I would be okay to be left with Taeyeon. I just nodded then she stood up and went to the restroom with Tiffany.

 

 

When the two girls were already out of sight, I turned to Taeyeon and I was slightly taken aback because she was staring at me intently. I felt insecure under her eyes. So intimidating.

 

 

"Are you following us?", she asked out of the blue as her eyes were still glued on me.

 

 

"What? No. Why would I follow you?", I defended, but my voice was weak.

 

 

I was still weak, for her.

 

 

"Then how come you bumped on Tiffany?", she asked again with suspicious eyes.

 

 

"She told you already! It was an accident. And she was the one who bumped on me", my voice was not calm this time.

 

 

I was starting to be pissed with this conversation. I can't believe she could accuse me like that. She knows I love her so much, but she also knows that I am not that insane to even follow her whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter