Titanic

When the ice fell in love with the fire

It's saturday and Onew Oppa just told me that the SHINee members are coming. Great, does that mean Jonghyun...? 

"Hae yah, come down! They came already!"

I ran down and stood at the foot of the stairs."

"Annyeong."

"Hey scary noona..." Taemin said. "Phft" I managed to laugh. I still remember our first encounter.

"Hey..." 

I jumped. Why is he here? Why is Jonghyun behind me?

'Whhaa... What are ... You doing here?"

"He's here all along. You just didn't realise." Onew oppa said.

"Ok, so, you all got your stuff with you?"

"Yea..."

"Oppa...?"

"They are staying overnight." He smiled.

GOODNESS! THEY ARE STAYING OVERNIGHT! I'M STAYING WITH A GROUP OF BOYS WHO ARE LIKE ONE OF THE FAMOUS BOY BAND IN KPOP?! 

"Oh..." 

Jonghyun will be staying too...? I looked at him. He was listening to his Ipod. I looked at Key, he was looking at me. I shunned away. I looked at Taemin, he's dancing... I looked at Minho, he's staring out of the window. Why all of them have different personalities yet clicked together so well? I'll never know... But looking at Jonghyun makes me feel like I've a titanic in my heart. Sinking and drowning. The love, sinking and drowning. My dad... I'm scared I'll turn out to be like my mum... Being abandoned by my dad, now she's living along in the States... Lonely... No faith in love still, until I find a perfect man... But... Who? I don't love Key but Jonghyun. But Jonghyun... According to Key, he's the playboy... 

Titanic once again, appeared. 

Later that night, I walked to the backyard. I sat on the swing (yes, we have a swing) looking up at the sky... It's cold out that but I don't have my coat on. I stared and stared, if love is like the sky, full of possibilities and changes... It will never be the same... Maybe dad will still be by our side. Maybe I won't be so hesitant about love. Maybe I won't be so cold. Maybe... 

"Put this on. It's cold." 

I turned around. Jonghyun held out a hoodie for me.

"Uh... Thanks." I took the hoodie and draped it on. 

"Why are you doing here?" 

"Uh... I, couldn't sleep..."

"Oh..."

"About last time... Mianhae."

"Huh?"

"In school..."

"That? Haha, I forgot about it already, and you should too. I'm not the revenge type of person."

"Oh... Ok... Can I ask you something?

"Sure..."

"What will happen when ice meets fire?"

"The ice will melt i guess... They will never be together..."

"Really...?"

"Yea..."

"That applies to two different personalities too?"

"Sort of I guess, to me, it's like that."

"Oh..." My heart sink. Titanic's here. Again. 

"Go sleep."

"What?"

"You look tired." He said.

"I do?"

"Yea..." He stared at me. My heartbeat pounded.

"I've to sleep too." He smiled. I melt. That's when the ice melt.

"Good night," I smiled back.

"You look nice when you smile. Smile more."

"Oh... Hah, uh, ok."

I ran back into the house. He just praised me? I felt happy. But soon as I remember what he said, "The ice will melt i guess... They will never be together..." Yes, we will never be together... Just like Jack and Rose... We are two different people from two different worlds...