Key to open the Lock

When the ice fell in love with the fire

 

"WHAT?! I will never like a guy who randomly says he knows me!" I pointed straight at Jonghyun.

Suddenly, Lee Minsun barged in.

"Jonghyun yah! You're safe! I'm so happy! I thought you're hurt!" She hugged Jonghyun. Disgusting.

"Move it ." Jonghyun pushed her away.

"Jonghyun yah, what happened? Are you angry with me?"

"You. YOU! You abandoned me when I'm in trouble. You went away. You caused Eunhae to be there and you caused Eunhae to forget me!. It's all BECAUSE OF YOU!" Jonghyun stared at Lee Minsun.

"Jonghyun yah, this is a hospital. Relax..." Onew oppa calmed him.

"I'll talk to him." Key said and bring Jonghyun out of the room. Lee Minsun left the ward as well after staring at me though.

-Key's POV-

"Jonghyun yah... I know you are sad... But, this is the hospital, you can't raise your voice. Plus, you are part of SHINee too."

"I know... But... but I'm regretting what i've that done to Eunhae..."

"You like her?"

"I..." He nodded. 

"I see... Then why you acted like you don't care?"

"Cos you like her. You're my best buddy, I don't want to let you get upset."

"Jonghyun... You can't sacrifice your happiness just to please me! Don't you know she love you too?"

"I know.. That's why I'm breaking inside."

"I'm sorry."

"Pabo, don't need to apologise." Jonghyun slapped my back. Ouch.

"I'll help you tell Eunhae. She won't remember. I did so many bad things to her..."

"I'll help you Jonghyun yah." 

"Thanks Key, but it's hopeless..." Jonghyun smiled and head back to Eunhae's ward.

I know how Jonghyun feels. I must help him. I know Eunhae will not like me... So I shall help my buddy...

"She's asleep." Onew hyung said. "Jonghyun... Eunhae really don't remember you.."

"I know..." Jonghyun said looking at the soundly asleep Eunhae.

"Key," Onew hyung called me.

"Yea?" 

"You stay here and take care of Hae ok? We'll get some sleep tomorrow and we'll take turns to take care of her." 

"Sure, hyung."

"Jonghyun yah, let's go back and get some sleep." Onew hyun grabbed Jonghyun and pulled him out.

I sat down beside Eunhae's bed and looked at her. She forgotten about Jonghyun. Maybe it's my chance? But Jonghyun... Loves her... I shouldn't snatch from him...? Decisions, decisions... I touched her hair... How many times will I be able to do this? Slowly, I fell asleep beside Eunhae...

-End of Key's POV-

-Start of Eunhae's POV-

I woke up to see Key beside me. He stayed for the whole night... I guess he's tired so I reached for a cup near my bed as quietly as possible. 

"Lee Eunhae..." Key looked at me. 

"KEY! Gosh, you scared me."

"Haha, sorry. You need help?" He retrieved the cup from my hand and poured some water in and handed it over to me. 

"Where are the rest?" 

"They went home and went to school today." 

"But you...?"

"Hah, it's ok. I can get my extra lessons from Onew hyung." He smiled. "Uh, can I ask you something?"

"Sure..."

"Do you remember Jonghyun?"

"No..."

"You really don't?"

"Yea..."

"You like him before..." 

"No I don't..."

"Ok... Fine..."

"Miss Lee Eunhae?" The doctor came in.

"Yea?"

"You are discharged now." He announced.

"Really? Good!" I smiled at him. He smiled at me and walked out.

I lifted my blanket and got off the bed. I fell. Just then, I realised that my leg is in bandages too. 

"Let me help you." Key held me and lifted me up. 

"Why am I like this?!"

"You don't know...?"

"I don't know why I'm in this state!" 

"You saved Jonghyun and got hit by a truck."

"WHAT?! I SAVED SOMEONE I DON'T KNOW?! THIS IS ABSURD!" I screamed.

"Eunhae, you do know him..."

"I don't Key, I don't!"

"Forget it, let's pack up and go home. I bet Onew and SHINee will be glad that you're discharged." He packed all my stuffs and is ready in a minute. I'm shocked by the speed he does things...

"Let's go" He held me and walked out of the ward.

"Hey, we're back."

"Wowowow, I didn't know Hae could be discharged today!" Onew oppa came to the door and held me. 

"I recover fast you see..." 

Laughters in the house. I don't know what's so funny about what I've said though...

"Jonghyun yah, I want to talk you. Let's go to the backyard." Key called out for Jonghyun. Why is he in my house? He's a member of SHINee? Oh ya, he's the lead singer... But I still don't know him...

-End of Eunhae'e POV-

-Start of Jonghyun's POV-

"What happened Key?"

"Nothing... I just want to say... If you want Eunhae to remember you... You have to do this." Key told me something that I can't believe. 

"NO! I'm not doing this! I'll never do that to the !"

"Jonghyun, if you want Eunhae to remember you... You've to do this. Because of her, Eunhae forgets you. You have to do that to arouse her memories again." Key explained.

"I... Ok... I'll do this. But I know that will hurt Eunhae again." 

"I'll explain to her." Key reassured. 

"Ok..."

-End of Jonghyun's POV-

-Start of Eunhae's POV-

The next day, I finally went to school. I went to school with the help of Onew oppa and Key. Suddenly, something appear in front of me. Jonghyun kissed Lee Minsun! I stared at them, my head. my head hurts. Kim Jonghyun, fire, ice, i love him... My memories, it all came back to me. 

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I screamed at clutched my head. "Nooo! This is not happening!" Tears started to flow down. 

Jonghyun ran to me and comforted me. "Mianhae, mianhae. I just want you to remember me... Mianhae..." He hugged me and I pushed him away. "You kissed her! I can't believe you kissed her! I saved you from the accident!" 

"Eunhae, it's not his fault. I told him to do that so both you and him won't live in misery, but I guess I'm wrong..." Key said. I looked at him. So, it's him who unlocked my locked memories of Kim Jonghyun. But deep inside, I know, I still love Jonghyun but I lost all my faith. My faith in love and him...