Rain

The White Lotus

"Rain"

"Love may be a battlefield, but ours will always and will be worth the fight."

JLP2013+-+POST+DIVIDER.png

Over the hours, Yifan did nothing but go back and forth in an open spacious place where Jongin and many others were watching him. Jongin began to tense up due to the fact he's one of the people who actually knew the one who kidnapped Junmyeon. The rain was pouring thus reminding the very bare soul of the Prince to calm down; easing into the splattering drops of the heavens to the ground. He knows Junmyeon is strong. All it takes is for him to be strong for Junmyeon too. "Jongin, you said his name was Kyungsoo right?". The silence was cut off by Yifan looking at Jongin. The other man made a surprise look but ducked down to avoid Yifan's eyes. "Yes. He was a friend of mine." Yifan noticed Jongin utter the word friend in a different manner; as if implying something to the word. Inside Jongin's concious self knows he was more than a friend. "Was huh? So, do you have any idea who he works for?" asked Yifan. 

"No, your Majesty. There was a part where he-". Jongin stopped in mid-sentence as he recalled Kyungsoo's necklace. "The part where he what, Jongin?" It was all clear to him when an image inside his head revealed the necklace that was peaking out of Kyungsoo's neck. It was undeniably the crest of the Western Empire. Jongin, shook his head a bit before responding to Yifan's question. 

"Majesty, I know who he's working for...". There was a long pause before Jongin spoke but Yifan knew at that moment who the person was. No one in the world despised him to do this to the extent....except for one person only.

"Zhang Yixing."  Even the mention of his name left hatred plastered upon Yifan's face. He had this strange urge to punch the pillars beside him but held it back. Displaying anger would be a waste of time for him. But for Sehun, it was much more worse when he knew who was behind it. Sehun fought off the tears silently like he always do. No matter how much he hid his feelings, you could see that he is sick and worried about his brother. 

"Let's be direct here. We can't send the prince. It's too dangerous." Chen barged in on the subject; knowing Yifan would do this and go off on his own. "Zhang knows you want to take back Prince Junmyeon. So, I bet he's expecting it as well." His remark made sense as some of the old advisers nodded in agreement. "He's right, Lord Prince. Let us be cautious." said an adviser to Yifan. 

"Indeed." was Yifan's reply to all. "General Yao, any luck concerning the fleet?"

 

"Yes, Lord Prince. Everything is ready."

"Good. I trust you in this General."

 

Yifan's POV

If my first plan fails, there is nothing left to do but play it bloody on the field. I do not wish for this to happen and neither want anything out of this but one thing's for sure is that I will get him back. If I die, then it's fate. But to live without Junmyeon...I...I don't know what I'll do. 

I looked up at the sky. Stars started to appear. Huh, it's already dusk. Also the rain has stopped. They all left me staring in bliss after I dismissed them. I wanted to comfort the Southern royal family for the incident that happened but all I got was sobs, tears, and rants from Junmyeon's father. So, in respect, I bowed myself deep infront of him and asked for his trust that Junmyeon will be saved. He complied of course but I sensed he regretted the marriage. 

Soon after I left the open room, Chen accompanied me in my stroll outside. We went to the shrine where my ancestors were put in. Each stone tablet represented the Wu family throughout the generations. Stories of battles won can be told whenever someone sees the names carved on the tablets. I'm still not in there. But with a battle coming up, it won't take long for my name to be carved into a tablet here.

 

WU YIFAN

FIRST OF HIS NAME

LAST PRINCE OF THE NORTHERN DYNASTY

 

I think that suits me well. I told Chen about this and he just punched me saying I was out of my mind. I have no reason to let myself be killed. I chuckled at least. Before leaving, we lit up a few Xiangbang in front of our predecessors for guidance and offering. The sweet smelling fragrance lingered long enough to last about a few hours.

I discussed my first plan to Chen on the way back. 

"I will not take your place! You're the only one." He turned to me and stopped poker-faced. "Yifan, this is a risk."

"I'm betting my life on it. If no one's going to make a move, then I will." The cold breeze was the only noise between the silence the two of us shared. Chen's face became serious. Then, I spoke. 

"If I don't come back-"

"Shut it, Yifan. You will come back and you will continue the throne. Not me." I was glad he had hopes for me going to the West. "You're an idiot...but I'll help you." He gave a sigh in distress but grinned at me in surprise.

"You are not alone." Chen's hand held my shoulder in assurance.

 


Hello, readers! Thank you for reading and for those who were waiting for the update, I'm sorry and please forgive me. ;-: Thanks again!