Trouble

The White Lotus

"Trouble"

"Love may be a battlefield, but ours will always and will be worth the fight."

JLP2013+-+POST+DIVIDER.png

For the love of all that is good, Joonmyun ran his sorry feet to the high terrace; going up on the mountain high stairs set before each floor. He got a glimpse of Sehun not far from him nodding at every clever word the Emperor said as if he cares. When actually, he doesn't. He knows Sehun does not like boring speeches about health, responsibility, dedication, and some form of bullsh*t.

I'm so close! Just a few steps away-!

When he was about to set a foot on the marble stairs, a few guards took hold of him and prevented the original bride from coming to his rightful place up there. He struggled; flailing his arms to Gandhi knows where. 

 

"Let me go!" Joonmyun shouted; earning a lot of stares from the people around the palace.

"Sir, you can't interrupt the ceremony!" One of the guards told him.

 

His gaze fell upon Sehun who was visible above. He called for him.

 

"Sehun! Sehun, help!!" he screamed.

 

The younger boy heard him and was wide-eyed at the commotion his brother was doing down there. Problem is...he can't just walk away in the middle of the ceremony speech.

Sehun made hand gestures at his adviser right beside him because if he talked, the adviser will know it's not Joonmyun and oh boy they would be in a hell of trouble especially when their father hears about this.

 

The adviser told Sehun he can't leave. He really can't which made Sehun panic. If Joonmyun was thrown outside and was forbidden inside the palace, then it goes down to him marrying the Northern Prince. He hasn't been able to point out who was the prince. 

"Help! Ah- don't touch me! Sehun!" Joonmyun was now being dragged across the floor with the people's eyes following him to the door. With sweaty palms and a very bad decision, Sehun stood up and ran to save his brother. 

 

He tossed the heavy thing that was on his head and lifted up the robe to let his feet run without having to worry of stepping on the cloth and tumbling down like an idiot. 

"Stop!" He shouted at the guard while he was hurrying down stairs.

The officials were startled at the prince's outrageous behavior. Even the Emperor himself turned to see what was all the fuss about. Yifan was one of the men who got up from his seat and went to see the drama that was going on. To his surprise, he saw Joonhee with the man who apparently wore the same robe as his bride. 

'Wait, my bride was the only one who wore that robe...that man is my future wife?! What's going on!??? What is Joonhee doing here!?'

He too also ran to Joonmyun arguing with the guards.

 

"Joonhee!?" Yifan said.

"Yifan!" Joonmyun said.

"Prince Joonmyun!" an adviser shouted.

"He's Yifan?!" Sehun asked.

"Prince Joonmyun??" Yifan also asked.

 

All of them exchanged glances and some were utterly shocked. Not to mention they've messed up big time.

Ceremony on hold.

A wedding that was postponed until tomorrow. [due to the fuss they've made]

Yifan not knowing Joonhee's a Joonmyun and a prince.

An outbreak of gasps surrounding them.

And two idiots who were going to get a dose of scolding from their advisers. A lot.

 

***

 

Yifan's POV

I was shocked when I knew who Joonhee really was. I was kind of angry but at the same time, I'm kind of happy that I got to see him. Well, I thought he was a girl at first. With those long lashes and beautiful brown eyes, who wouldn't?

An hour after the commotion, an official was sent to my room to explain. That's when I knew that the fake bride was actually Joonmyun's brother, who is Sehun. I asked the official why did they switch in the first place. He didn't know but he told me to just ask them personally. 

I quickly went out of my room and asked where the bride's room is. One hand maiden pointed out a door carved with nice designs. I went over. When I was about to knock, an adviser timingly opened the door to get out. I peaked and saw Joonmyun and his younger brother Sehun sitting with their heads down low. 

"Oh! Prince Yifan! I didn't know you were there!" He smiled at me where as I saw Joonmyun's head lift up to see my face looking at him. I slowly averted my eyes from him and was now again facing the adviser.

"May I speak to Prince Joonmyun?...ummm...alone?" 

I saw the adviser's eyebrows went up and a slight nod was given to me. He called Sehun to go out for a minute; leaving me and Joonmyun in the room, just the two of us. Joonmyun then parted his lips and gunned me with apologies.


"Yifan, I'm so sorry! I never really knew you were the prince and I was just out there finding you and I'm really sorry that I-"

I cut him off when I hugged him warmly on my arms. I was happy to see him. I never really thought that he was the prince back in the river bank and I have never, I mean never, thought that I'd be married to him.

"Shhh...calm down, Joonmyun."

"It's nice of you to say my real name."

"I was a bit angry earlier for having to know you didn't tell me your true name." I broke our hug but Joonmyun pulled me back which was to my surprise.

 

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" he said while clinging to me; burrying his face into my chest.

"You apologize too much, Joonmyun." I pulled him away to look at his tear stained eyes and puffy cheeks. "May I ask you something?" I asked him; smiling.

 

"What is it?" he innocently said.

 

"Can you explain why did you switch places at the beginning? Oh, and why was your brother hogging up all the sweet dumplings before the ceremony?"

 

Joonmyun turned his head away from me and muttered.

 

"Tsk. Sehun. He never does learn."

I grinned at him while he rubbed his head like it probably had enough drama to soak in one day.

***