Taken

The White Lotus

"Taken"

"Love may be a battlefield, but ours will always and will be worth the fight."

JLP2013+-+POST+DIVIDER.png

Junmyeon went away to catch some air on the upper wide balcony not far from the terrace to which he can still hear their inconsistent noise and tolerable babbles. He stopped on the edge and gently leaned against the hard wooden fence facing the vast land that is going to be turned into ashes not far from now. On his hands was a small white cup designed to have an abstract blue dragon painted on it and was filled with an aromatic camellia blossom chai. Before he sipped the hot drink, he took the time to appreciate it. Considering he was raised as a prince, the art of tea is always on the scrolls of learning. 

As the contents flow through his teeth, he remembered Jiang again; whispering a message in the breeze as if they would be sent to him. He sighed.

 

What if you're still here? What if this didn't happen because you're still alive? Ugh...there are so many 'what ifs' inside my head, Jiang. 

 

He shook his head. He shouldn't be thinking about this since it's his wedding day right now. Junmyeon didn't regret loving Yifan. He really loved him. His heart belonged only to his husband but there was still a piece, A PIECE, of it that remained lost in the memories way back. Firmly closing his eyes, he in a breath full of air and exhaled. He thought that was a good way to let it all out. 

 

"Congratulations on your wedding."

 

Before Junmyeon could turn around, a cold hand was holding his mouth shut with a sharp dagger on his throat. At first he struggled to break free from the tight grasp, but it was no use.

JLP2013+-+POST+DIVIDER.png

Something broke inside the palace that alerted Yifan to go inside to see if Junmyeon was okay. He strayed away from his little brother and went to the balcony Junmyeon whispered to him earlier. When he got there, a cup of tea was smashed on the ground; shards everywhere.

Panic went through him as he realized this was the cup Junmyeon was holding. Feet dashed across the floor and stopped to gaze over the fence; thinking Junmyeon might have fallen. His hand were sweating and his pulse was like that of a drum beat signaling for war. His thoughts were filled with worry. He couldn't think of anything aside from his wife.

 

"Prince Yifan...are looking for...something?"

 

Kyungsoo appeared behind him; smirking while he dragged Junmyeon out. His shock and rage appeared on his facade of seeing Junmyeon tied up. His delicate wrists, shaky ankles, and his mouth were bound with a cloth to keep him from getting away.

 

This was an outrage.

 

"Junmyeon!!" Yifan was about to sprint towards him but was taken aback as Kyungsoo stealthily took out his dagger again; aiming it on the helpless man. "Don't take a single step or else...", Kyungsoo glanced for a moment at Junmyeon then back again to Yifan. 

 

"Let Junmyeon go, and you can leave in peace."

 

Yifan was in an alarming situation. As he saw the teary eyes of Junmyeon, he couldn't help but go down on the assassin's level just to keep Junmyeon safe. But he won't let his guard down though. He can't. He musn't.

 

"That's a nice deal. But I think I'll stick to Lord Zhang's." 

"He sent you?!"

"Indirectly, yes."

 

Junmyeon uttered soft mewls and sniffs on the side. He squirmed to set himself free and tried to push the cloth on his mouth down and scream Yifan's name. If only he could break free of the bonds. "Please, just-", The tall man took a step and the dagger touched Junmyeon's throat; desiring it to be slit. 

 

"Don't make this wedding into a funeral...Northern Prince." Kyungsoo's eyes were dead serious. One more step, then it'll be all over. Yifan his breath in and remained calm on the outside. Not the inside. A bead of sweat trailed down Yifan's head.

 

Hold on, Junmyeon.

 

Right on top of Kyungsoo were the elite guardsmen of his Majesty the Emperor called the Yinshen; trained to be silent, trained to be killers. Four of them stood and waited for Yifan's signal to attack the assassin that was holding his lover captive. Yifan knew they were there halfway through their conversation.

 

"Northern Prince, I think this is-"

"Now!"

 

Small sickles were thrown on Kyungsoo and with precise direction and control, the Yinshens were able to avoid Junmyeon getting stabbed. Kyungsoo dodged them while holding on to Junmyeon who he slung on his right shoulder and went out of the balcony; jumping and landing swiftly on the ground.

The ruckus was seen by everyone as soon as Yifan jumped to where they landed along with the Yinshens following behind them. It could be seen that Kyungsoo was a little bit frustrated due to the fact that Junmyeon was hard to carry along with his frequent light punches on the back with his tied hands.

A small gateway could be seen as an escape route with a horse waiting for Kyungsoo. Yifan threw a sickle that ripped the side of his clothing but he was lucky it wasn't his flesh.

Jongin, who was previously acupunctured by Kyungsoo, shouted for him to stop.

 

"Kyungsoo! Please stop this!" 

 

The small framed man turned around as he settled Junmyeon at the back of his horse; laying his stomach not very far from it's rear. 

 

I'm sorry...Jongin.

 

He mouthed something to Jongin that only he could understand and then he buckled himself and rode away from the palace. Junmyeon's cloth on his mouth fell and shouted the last name he wants to say. 

 

"Yifan!"

"No! Junmyeon!!" 

 

Yifan wanted to run for him but he was held back by a Yinshen and Chen who was holding his arm tightly to prevent him to do it. His eyes watered and his rage shook them off as he fell to his knees seeing Junmyeon go farther and farther away from him until he sees him no more. How he wanted to rip Lord Zhang's neck off. His hands dug deep on the earth as tears dribbled down his face. 

 

Junmyeon...Junmyeon...I swear I will get you back.

 

Besides the chaos Kyungsoo left behind, Jongin kept replaying what Kyungsoo mouthed before he set out. His heart ached for him and what he did to Prince Yifan. This was unforgivable but to him, there will always be pity for Kyungsoo. At least, there was still some left.

 

我爱你

I love you.

 

JLP2013+-+POST+DIVIDER.png

Guys, omg. Like, OMG. I didn't expect I would write something so heart wrenching. I have no words to say but yeah...it's so asdfghj. o_o Btw, stay tuned for another update this week. :D Mahal ko kayo guys!