Lost

The White Lotus

"Lost"

"Love may be a battlefield, but ours will always and will be worth the fight."

Tears were bordering Kyungsoo's eyes. He was holding it all back when he turned around to see his friend- no. What Kyungsoo feels is much more than that. It was a feeling that he wanted to erase all these years...but he couldn't. 

"You were here...all this time...?" Kyungsoo couldn't bear the thought of talking to him right now, face-to-face. A tear was shed as it trailed down the smaller man's cheek. The pain of the longing inside his heart was fierce as it was like combusting.

"Yes, Kyungsoo...all this time." Jongin stepped a foot forward to him but as he draw near Kyungsoo, he backed away every step Jongin made. 

"Then tell me! Tell me why did you left me and never came back? Why?!!" The tears came rushing out of the petite boy as he poured out what he felt by yelling at the man. 

Jongin sighed as he went for an embrace but he was pushed back.

"Tell me!!" Kyungsoo yelled again with painful cries and sobs. He looked at Jongin straight in the eye and covered his crying face with his hands as his shoulders slumped. Jongin made this a moment to hug him. After the rants & yells, Kyungsoo calmed down under the sweet warmth of Jongin's arms but he was still strunggling out of his grasp. 

"Let go of me...I said let go...." Kyungsoo said between sobs and light punches on Jongin's chest. He buried his face that were stained with salty tears.

Jongin, who was hushing down the boy, lightly patted his hand on Kyungsoo's head while resting his chin on top of it. 

"I did that in order to protect you, Kyungsoo. Remember that."

A trail of silence hummed in the air but was broken by Kyungsoo; mumbling something Jongin can't quite understand.

"What is it, Kyungsoo...?"

 

He lifted up his head and looked at him like there was no hope. No Hope at all.

 

"Jongin...everything is too late." Kyungsoo's voice cracked a little as he confronted the confused man.

"No! We can always start over!" Jongin protested as he held Kyungsoo's not so broad shoulders.

 

"It's easy for you to say those but I was the one who was left, Jongin! I cried everyday because of you! And right now you say to me that we can just start over!? I don't even know why you left!!" 

 

The hall was silent for a while as Jongin ducked his head down in front of the sobbing man. He knows deep in his heart he still loves Kyungsoo. Yet, it wasn't the right time to say why he left him though. It hindered him from opening up on how much he just wants to kiss him...hug him...be with him. It hurts but he has to hold back just for the sake of Kyungsoo.

 

If Jongin has a secret of his own, Kyungsoo has too. The part where he was an assasin hired by Lord Zhang.

 

"Kyungsoo..." Jongin muttered breathily as he slowly cupped Kyungsoo's cheeks with both of his hands. He lowered his forehead and kissed it tenderly. A drop of tear went down on Kyungsoo's cheek but was wiped by the taller man.

A small smile appeared on Kyungsoo's face. "Jongin...I am sorry to do this...but it's now my turn to protect you."

"From what...?" He rubbed his thumb on Kyungsoo's hand on his cheek and held it that there. Jongin's eyes never left the other one as he just stared of how much Kyungsoo's face changed since the day he left.

His still had those eyes that captivated Jongin's heart. It was only Kyungsoo who made him feel like it was heaven on earth back then. 

 

A single swift acupunture of the hand on Jongin's neck made him fall unconcious to the ground. Kyungsoo, who was still crying for what he did, layed Jongin on someone's room. It looked to be a hand maiden's room but Kyungsoo ignores it.

Before going back to his mission, Kyungsoo whispered on Jongin's ear; fully aware he wasn't going to hear or remember what he will say.

 

"...it's my turn to protect you...from me."

 

Yifan's POV 

I was on the bottom of the grand staircase shaking every sloppy hand I have to touch. Not that I'm disgusted or anything. After bowing my head for every honored guest and a series of nods for the towns people, I passed down the hall and went to ask one of my servants for water. 

The cool water just quenched the heat on my throat. As I was drinking, right in the corner of the small hall painted in gold and designed beautifully comes my ever wife-like husband to be gracing a red traditional Hanfu with his thin golden crown upon his head. The linen fabric was embroided with golden lotuses and reflected how well it goes with Joonmyun's pearl skin. 

I momentarily dozed off and almost dropped the cup I was holding. His very ambiance is like that of the Goddess Chang'e, bright, graceful, man...I'm going to run out of descriptions .

Seriously, I must be dreaming.

 

"Do you like it? This was given to me as a gift from your family. Look," Joonmyun pointed out the golden embroidery on the surface of the linen. "it's a lotus flower." 

 

"I can't believe I'm gonna marry you." I uttered.

 

"Huh?" I saw him put on a worried facade and I just added my yet unsaid words to my incomplete flattery. He looks so innocent. "It's just that, you're so gorgeous..." When I went in for a quick kiss, a pinch on the cheek is what I got. 

"H-hey! Ouch! That hurts!" I wailed as Joonmyun let go of his hand. 

"That's payback for the pain on my hips! And this..." I was shocked when he removed my hand and kissed the cheek where he pinched earlier. "...to make it feel better."

 

"Want to know what else would make me feel better?"

"What?"

 

I pointed my finger on my lips and it seems Joonmyun knew what I was gesturing. I laughed at how red he quickly became.

"Stop being cute. You'll make me fall in love you even harder." I as he covered his flushed face. I removed his hand and kissed his forehead. "Let's go. The ceremony will start soon." He sheepishly smiled at me as I led him outside.

All this between the two pairs is asdfghjkl.

I dunno about u guys but I think I'm turning into Jo Kwon. FABULOUS.