Grand

The White Lotus

"Grand"

"Love may be a battlefield, but ours will always and will be worth the fight."

JLP2013+-+POST+DIVIDER.png

It was a busy day at the palace; people going back and forth of the things that were important to finish not later, not tomorrow, but now. The maids handled all the silk drapes, the cooks poured out their energy in making a delicious feast fit for an Emperor, and of course, the bride and the groom who were going in many directions inside their own palaces.

Weddings weren't typically this great in the North but this time, it's a lot bigger and a lot more grand than usual.

The Jin Dynasty Emperor or in short, Yifan's father, invited the remaining kingdoms from afar. The Eastern Empire was invited as well considering that they also despise the Western Empire greatly made them good allies.

***

Joonmyun was going haywire what to do because it's just too much for him to believe the reality of him getting married.

"Sehun, I think I'm sick. Let's cancel the wedding." he burried his face on his pillow.

"Get up, gēge! Stop whining and get ready!" Sehun pulled the blanket that was covering him. He tried to drag Joonmyun off the bed by taking both of his legs and started pulling him. Joonmyun was heard to be mumbling something.

"I can't hear you gēge!" he let go of his legs and turned towards Joonmyun; his hair in a mess while pouting.

"They say I have freedom to choose. Huh, freedom my ."

"Gēge, don't be like that. Now, come and we'll get you ready. By mid-noon, we'll head to the North through your carriage. We wouldn't want your bride waiting."  He chuckled teasingly and was given a light smack on the shoudler.

'...what if I possibly like someone right now?...'

Joonmyun finally agreed and went down to get himself all prepped up. The robe that he wore was like the Yangtze River; glimmering whenever the light shines it's way on the cloth and the linings were as stunning as the color of his eyes. It was beautiful.

All this just for his wedding.

Joonmyun kept feeling why his heart denies this so called arranged wedding. He doesn't know why he was like this but the way he smiles whenever he remembers Yifan yesterday is all that he needs to solve the questions of his heart. 

But in his mind, it kept replaying. 

'I'm getting married. I'm getting married. I'm getting marri-'


His thoughts drifted away when Sehun called him. 

"Gege, let's go."

'This is it.' He said to himself.

***

Yifan was set and was awaiting the coming of his future bride. Although he was calm with all this, it didn't hide the fact that all this time, he was very anxious. So anxious to meet the person who he will spend the rest of his life with.

'I wonder if Joonhee's safe...'

That was all he could think. 

After about 30 minutes of sweat and preparation, the golden gates were opened with the people of Jin cheering for the bride. They waved their hands and threw flowers and rice as a sign of prosperity and good health to the would be couple. 

Joonmyun, on the other hand, had other ideas. He tapped Sehun who was waving outside to the people like he was the one getting married. 

He whispered something to him.

"What the- No! Gege, you're crazy!!" Sehun quickly moved away after Joonmyun told him too cover him during the ceremony while he was off finding Yifan as if he knew where he lived.

"Please! Please do this for me, Sehun!" he begged his younger brother.

"Do you want to cause trouble in this place?! More importantly, who is this Yifan that you want to find anyway!?" Sehun was on the verge of going berserk.

"Just- please. I need to see him. The ceremony is kind of longer so I think I'll be able to find him on time."

The carriage slightly jumped due to a rock on the way. Sehun just stared at Joonmyun's face thinking that his brother might be drunk from honey wine.

Sehun pursed his lips while gazing outside the window; thinking about Joonmyun's proposal whether he will don the gorgeous robe for him or not.

"Give me the robe, Gege." He replied quietly.

 

"You will do it?" Joonmyun's face brightened up.

"Yeah."

"Like right now?"

"Yes."

"Seriously?"

"Damn it! Just give me the robe, Gege!!"

***

The carriage stopped infront of the marvelous entrance of the palace. Sehun nudged his shoulder over Joonmyun. "When we get out of this carriage, just hurry and find that man." he said setting the thin silk that was covering his face aside.

He was now dressed as the bride and Joonmyun was getting excited. They wouldn't know it was him because of the sheer silk that was dangling on his face; the usual bride's head wear.

Tradition. Glad it saved them.

Sehun stepped out first and the crowd's cheer grew louder. They were all too busy looking at Sehun's covered up face that Joonmyun managed to get away from them without being noticed. 

After a round of running, dodging flying chickens, getting chased by girls, and more running, Joonmyun got tired. While he slowed down and stopped, he sat down on an old, wooden log and thought of going back to the palace.

'Might as well go back.'

He watched people walking towards the palace to await the proclamation of the said wedding. He heavily sighed; slumping his shoulders and staring down at the now dirtied shoes.

While he was down on the dumps beside the road, he heard two people talking not very far from him. He didn't want to eavesdrop but what caught his ear was the mention of the name of the person he was searching, Yifan. 

He turned his head to the children playing just so it seemed like he wasn't listening. 

"If I was him, I wouldn't accept an arranged marriage." a guy, with what it appears to be scars on his hand, said.

"Well, Prince Yifan doesn't have a choice. It must be done for the sake of the Empire." the other guy replied.

 

Prince....? Yifan's a PRINCE!?!? No! I must be hearing things!

 

"Hmm, you're right. Man, I bet Prince Yifan is having this tough."

 

Joonmyun didn't hesitate to sprint towards the palace. He hurried inside but didn't know how to get to the open terrace where Sehun was still acting like it was him up there and oh gosh he saw Yifan listening to the ceremony.

 

If he's the prince t-then....that means I'm...

 

"OH SWEET MOON CAKES."

***