Spark

The White Lotus

"Spark"

"Love may be a battlefield, but ours will always and will be worth the fight."

JLP2013+-+POST+DIVIDER.png

Yifan's POV

It's the first for me to actually meet and have a conversation with a girl. Well, except my own mother ofcourse. This made me a little uneasy but all the way, I just acted like yeah cool she's pretty something like that. I led her near the rocks of the river bank and we sat there then I ripped a piece of my robe and soaked it with water. I gave it to Joonhee for her to clean the wound the sharp twigs left her.

"So, why were they attacking you in the first place?" I asked her.

"I...I was on my way to pick herbs here then...suddenly those men targeted me." 

That accent. That tone. Judging by the way she moves, she looks to have come from a rich family. The way she sits...it's so graceful. So beautiful. It was royalty. That was what she emitted before me. But one thing made me doubt my thoughts. She wore a dull and dirty dress. It was all covered in stains. 

"Are you from the south?"

"H-huh?" I caught her off guard by my sudden question. Either way she looked cute. Even with that large hood.

"Your accent. It's southern." I went close to her.

"Oh I am actually from the South. If you are wondering why I came all the way here it's because I hear that the North has some rare medicine herbs lying around so...that's why." Her sweet smile made me blush a little.

Yifan, what the hell? Stop blushing! 

"Let's go now. Night is fast approaching." I said to her. 

"Right." 

 

Joonmyun's POV

I threw the wet cloth and followed behind him; leaving the rocks and into the bamboo trees where my horse was last tied. I sweated a little considering that he knew my accent and that his gaze never left me. I was on the edge trying to cover up my deep voice. While I was looking at how his broad shoulders made him so uhmmm what should I describe it...well, y, I tripped again on a rock which makes me one of the most clumsiest of all the people.

"Joonhee!"

I closed my eyes hoping my fall wouldn't hurt. 

It didn't.

I felt nothing but a lean chest and strong arms holding me. Wait...what!?

As I lift up my eyes, I was caught by Yifan and now was staring at me; wide eyed. I was on top of him...my face...close to his...our lips almost...oh my gosh. OH MY GOSH.

***

By the time they were still in that awkward position, Chen was passing by the bamboo trees and immediately showed up.

"Oh Yifan there you are, I was-...uhh..." He was cut off when he saw the two of them lying on the ground with their face screaming shock at him. 

"Well....umm...sorry for uhhh...interrupting. P-please continue!" He scratched his head while walking away when he was quickly called by Yifan who was now standing with Joonmyun going freakishly red behind them.

"Chen! Hey! We weren't doing anything! You got it all wrong!" He explained to him.

"Yifan, it's okay to admit that you're into that kind of fling." He patted Yifan's shoulders as if he knew what was going on. With that creepy cat grin of his, who knows what he could be thinking! And that's a sign Yifan's going to have a hard time explaining.

"Chen! Hey!" 

"Just get that pretty lady home and meet me and Zitao over there." He pointed to where he saw Zitao was petting and feeding the horse with fruits that fell from nearby trees. 

Yifan turned around and gestured at Joonmyun to go now. As he and Joonmyun were about to leave, Chen held Yifan back and quietly whispered, 'Easy on the chick, bro.'

The taller one gave him a light smack and headed down to Joonmyun.

***

"Thank you again." Joonmyun said.

"No problem. But when you come again, be sure to have someone with you. That's better than being alone anyways. Also, always be careful."

"Ok, I will." Joonmyun looked up at the sky; it was in the shade of dark orange. He quickly got on the horse and gazed at the man who helped him. 

"You should be heading back too."

"Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. Now go." Yifan said with a charming smile.

Yifan couldn't resist asking Joonmyun a more personal question. Especially when something is involved.

"Could I see you again?" Yifan turned before leaving. The way Joonmyun's eyes go wide and a small smile appearing on his face sent Yifan to smile too.

"Yes. Yes you can." And off he goes leaving Yifan grinning for a moment and him being unable to control his fast beating heart of what he hoped and awaits to see these days.

***