Close

The White Lotus

"Close"

"Love may be a battlefield, but ours will always and will be worth the fight."

The ceremony started off with the royal families all assembled on the open top of the palace. The North was positioned on the left while the South was on the right. Both were all with class and nobility. Sehun noticed a teenage child which he thought to be Yifan's brother Zitao on the corner behind his parents.

He looked at Yifan and Joonmyun who was seated together infront of the Great Adviser Chou and a man holding a scroll. 'It's good to see my brother like this. I wonder when it will be my turn.' He said to himself but shook the thought off as the grand coating begun.

 

The only ones who stood up were the couple.

 

As Joonmyun turned his back around Yifan, the taller man took off the golden robe that he was wearing and placed it gently around Joonmyun; enveloping his not so broad shoulders. Zitao can't help but tug Chen's sleeve and ask in a small tone, 

 

"Jongdae gege, why is it that big brother placed his coat on his wife?" He innocently blinked his eyes on the now grinning Jongdae.

 

The part where he just said wife was priceless.

Indicating that all this time he still thinks Joonmyun is a woman when he can't see the noticeable small biceps sticking out whenever he undresses.

 

Not that he watches Joonmyun undress, but the time when his door was wide open and he happened to pass by and got a look on his lean body.

 

Jongdae cringed a little while thinking if he mentioned this to Yifan.

Hmm....better not.

 

"Hey, gege! Answer me." The dozed off man turned to smile at Zitao.

 

"Well, you see, the act of putting his cloak around Joonmyun is a sign that tells the other person that she (he wants to put it that way) is already under the roof of the husband and that the husband will protect her no matter what. Now, they are one.

...It's a tradition thing." He ruffled Zitao's hair.

 

The two emperors before them were like polar opposites. Joonmyun glanced at his father giving a strict or intimidating aura while his father-in-law is putting up a small smile as to which gave him a little ease. He giggled at the sight. Yifan turned Joonmyun to face him and held both his hands.

 

"What are you smiling about?" he whispered. Joonmyun responded with a shrug but replied a different answer.

"I'm just...so glad." The way he smiled made Yifan blush. This has been occurring a lot. 

 

"By this day forth, the North and the South is one. Long may your empire live!" The great adviser Chou declared before the nobles, highborns, to the royal families, and to the people who shouted and clapped their hands in joyous matrimony. All could be seen smiling about the alliance...

 

...except one.

Kyungsoo's POV

After the ceremony, the feast was aggrandized with food, honey wine, colorful dresses, and a lot more. The sun had been blocked by thin clouds but nevertheless, it was bright enough to engulf the area with light. I glanced over the newly weds...hah, smile while you still can, Southern prince. 

My black robe actually blended to the other regal clothes the men of the town wore. Another advantage.

While looking at the guards on the entrance of the palace, an idea popped into my mind. 
 

I slithered through the crowd and came to a point where I asked the two guards to follow me. I told them they were requested by the commanding chief...gullible fools.

 

Even though one of their armor didn't fit my stature, I wore it anyway. It was so loose that every time I walk, I'd have to buckle up the pants just so it wouldn't slide off and not give an embarrassing display of my . The river right beside the palace was where I left the lifeless bodies of the guards I just killed float around.

I never thought they were heavy. It gave me a hard time transferring them from one place to another.

 

After the disposal, I went back again and found two new guards on the entrance. I clenched my fists and continued my way to the inside. At first, I thought they were going to stop me but they just let me in without hesitation. This is the most easiest infiltration I have been through the years I served as a freelance spy. 

I made it up to the top.  This is my chance. Don't blow it Kyungsoo.

 

The open terrace was wide and the noble families were talking to each other; mingling and doing stuff like snatching any of the handsome highborns all to themselves, especially the women who were all around Yifan. I don't mean to side with the Northern prince but what the do those ladies want? Can't they see he's married now? How absurd hogging him while his bride stood watch.

But he kindly left them; detaching himself from the girls to be with his wife err- husband. I don't know what to call it.

I saw Prince Joonmyun whisper something to Prince Yifan. A nod was given and the smaller man went away for a bit to go and get something.

 

I hope your whisper was a goodbye Southern Prince...

I smirked.

 

Kyungsoo...ohmygosh. 

Haha sorry guys if I haven't updated for two weeks. Exams just finished so I had time to write this. Yayyyy! Rejoice all you Krisho shippers! They're married now!!!!!! XD hahahahahahaha

 

(Btw, if you ask why I gif Jo Kwon, that's cuz he ROCKS. XD)