Heard It Right

Angel Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JESSICA 

 

"Oh, Jess!" I heard someone called my name. It was Tiffany. She ran to me and gave me a hug while I let her do the comforting. 

 

Honestly, it hurts so much. I am confused with everything, every single thing. I just don't want to cry anymore. Not anymore. I'm too tired. I've been keeping this inside and it's about to explode. I can't be nice at all times. 

 

I broke the hug. "I'm okay, Tiff."

 

"Really? My God, have you been crying?" she asked, cupping my face then I pulled her onto the couch. She hugged me again. "Don't hold it in anymore."

 

"I didn't. I'm okay now."

 

She pulled away then check up on me again. "Are you sure? Tell me what you need. I'm always here for you."

 

"Yes, I'm okay. I just need a companion to the concert."

 

"I'm free, but I don't have the ticket," she shyly said but smiled at me.

 

"It's okay. I have more tickets. It was supposed to be for group date for us but I was selfish and just wanted Hae," mentioning her name is already painful to me but I tried not to break down.

 

I feel so numb right now, like I've been seriously hit by a firetruck. Well, I'm just exaggerating. It still hurts...so much.

 

"So does it mean it's a bff-date with me?" I knew her smile was only to make me feel better and it helps tho, a little. 

 

I smiled and nodded my head. "Yes, it is. Go pack and we'll go now," I said, standing up.

 

I was about to walk away from her when I noticed her still seated. I threw her a look and asked, "Why? What's wrong?"

 

"Hae isn't coming, right?"

 

Staring at her for a moment, I said, "Yeah. It's only bff. Tell Hara and Hyomin. And your boyfriend, if you want," I smiled.

 

She glared at me then rolled her eyes. "Yeah, whatever. If those 2H are coming, expect that Myungsoo to tag along."

 

"Yeah, sure. At least there's a driver. Don't tell EunHae about this. Confiscate their phones, too so he won't contact us," I said bitterly and sighed.

 

Tiffany stood up and again, consoled me. "Of course. This group date is for us to help you knock some senses into your thick skull!"

 

"Yah! Just get out of this ing house right now!" I burst out.

 

She immediately rab away, then slammed the door. Ugh! That woman. What am I? Crazy? As if I am. Ugh! This brokenhearted ghost is killing me. But it's the right thing to do, right? I should stop hoping. I should stop kissing him. I should stop loving him because we are just meant to be friends. Nothing special.

 

"Right. Infuriates him, Jess. After this, after graduation, you'd be saying goodbye," I said to myself as I reread the message sent to me.

 

Congratulations!

 

Just that first word, I knew it's not long enough before I really leave everything behind and start anew. This is just high school and what awaits for me is my future, real future.

 

I went into my room and checked if I was already prepared. I'd be staying for few more days than planned since a day is not enough to let it all out. Maybe, stay until a day before the actual class.

 

--

 

Few Hours Later

 

"Yes, finally!" Tiffany exclaimed when we reached our hotel, I mean, we chose another hotel to stay in so if ever, (as if he'd come) he won't find us. Phones are confiscated. 

 

I just laughed and shook my head at Tiffany then walked out. Nichkhun approached me, "Jess, why is Donghae not with us?"

 

Damn, why do they still mention that guy's name? 

 

Eish!

 

I shrugged and answered him with, "Ah, he's busy."

 

"What?"

 

"Someone he knows visited him, so he won't make it. I think it's okay if he doesn't come with us," I told him, and smiled.

 

He nodded and muttered ah. We finally went to our own respective suites. We got three rooms; all have two bedrooms, and we are currently talking about pairing. 

 

The boys want to be with their girlfriends but Tiffany spoke up, "I'm staying with Jessica."

 

"Wait, what?" Nichkhun stated, disappointed but still maintained his bright expression. 

 

"I'm staying in Jessica's hotel room, do we have a problem with that?"

 

"Aish, baby, this is, why, aish!"

 

We all laughed. 

 

"But I'm staying with Hyomin, right?" Myungsoo asked.

 

Hyomin looked at him, giving him that disgusted expression. "Hey, don't you remember we broke up?"

 

"We did?" asked Myungsoo, faking his shocked expression. 

 

"Ugh! Stop spouting nonsense, okay? I'm staying with Hara."

 

"What?!"

 

"Yah! Don't you know the word respect? We came here to watch the concert, not to satisfy your needs!" I told them that made they guys shut up and probably understand.

 

All of us girls laughed at their expression. "So it's settled, then? Concert starts at 7 so we're going there by 5."

 

"6:30," Myungsoo said.

 

"5:30," Hyomin.

 

"6:20," Nichkhun.

 

"5:40," Tiffany.

 

Hara looked at me and gave me a pout. My friends are becoming childish, I'm going insane.  

 

I sighed. "Go for 6. It's settled, don't argue. I'm going in. Remember, no phones. I have all of your phones confiscated."

 

--

 

I was preparing my things as I put them in the closet, arranging. Since I'd be staying for few morw days than planned, I bought plenty of clothes. And since it's cold, I don't want to suffer.

 

The door opened and Tiffany came in.

 

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter