One Heavy Afternoon

Angel Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's weird. It's so weird.

 

He shouldn't have sent me these because right now, I'm beyond the word confused. What should I do to these things? Why would he do this? 

 

Lee Donghae, I thought we're done already. We're so done now. Aren't we?

 

I stared at those red boxes and a bouquet of red roses as my head gets light every time I think of him. I could feel hot tears starting to form.

 

"Oh wow. That's so sweet of my brother, " I heard the person bedside me say.

 

I nervously looked at him and drew a smile, "He has always been."

 

He just nodded, stayed there. I noticed that he's still in his apron and could pinpoint that he's still in the perks of cooking. I smirked to that.

 

"Yah, you're not finished yet. Go back to the kitchen. I'm starving."

 

He laughed a bit to that and nodded his head cutely. "Aye, aye, Captain! "

 

He made a salute pose then finally strolled back to the kitchen. I was left again in the living room, staring at the gifts.

 

Somehow, I felt bad. Those past Christmas Parties, we always got each other plenty of presents. Now, he just gave me this even though we're still trying to sort things out. 

 

I sighed. What should I give you?

 

I lazily got up from the other side of the living room and approached those things. Carrying it to my room, I realized that he still thinks of me. It made me smile, though.

 

I set the things on my bed. Ugh. My body aches and it's not a great help to my grumbling stomach. It's like there's war going on.

 

Stretching, I turned my body but was halted when I saw who's beyond the window. It's him, it's Lee Donghae. 

 

He's seated on the balcony of their house, adjacent to my room. He has his side facing me and I was thankful for that he hasn't seen me.

 

His lips, his cheek, his eye, his nose...ugh. I miss him, I miss the only person I love. 

 

I was about to turn away when he suddenly look to where I was standing. He reluctantly shifted his body and faced me. And I was saddened when I saw his gloomy, tired face.

 

Aw, my baby.

 

A smile was drawn on his lips but it didn't reach his eyes. I replied a smile, too which I just pulled off when I'm trying to be okay though I am not.

 

Few feet away from me.

 

"Jessica..."

 

Damn it! It feels good hearing my name from him. 

 

I nodded. "Donghae," I responded. 

 

"How's it going?" I could tell he can't hardly say that. 

 

I shrugged. "Okay."

 

He stayed silent then and remained staring at me for a moment. I felt my face heat up to the heaviness of his eyes on me so I tried dismissing the awkward silence.

 

I drew closer to the window pane and said, "Thank

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter