Before Christmas Ends

Angel Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Merry Christmas," everyone said, except me who couldn't even give a sincere smile as thoughts of him keep me bothered. 

 

Later, when we got here, Auntie and Uncle seemed to be worried and kept calling someone over the phone. At first, I didn't have a clue so I just ignored it. I mean, I don't want to interfere, though.

 

I kept myself busy as I changed clothes and fixed myself in my room. And that's when it hits me. He's not here. He's I i up iiiit try to the tt tt l lol in the house, that's why his parents look worried. 

 

It's sure he wasn't downstairs. My eyes met the ground as I realized maybe he doesn't really want to see me. Well, that .

 

I held the red box tight, and gave out a deep sigh. The look he has given me earlier never leaves my mind. I thought I saw that he's concerned about me...and for that span of 2 seconds, I felt blissful. I was thinking of him when we drove back here...thinking how he'd be when he receives my present for him.

 

I put it inside the black paperbag before I went downstairs and met them. 

 

"Merry Christmas," I greeted. 

 

I gave Jaejoong his present...it was just simple and I felt a bit uncomfortable with that. He'd given me like a perfect gift and I could only give him a black button down shirt. 

 

He gladly accepted it and gave me a side-hug before opening it. His brows arched as smile crept on his face then looked at me, "Thank you, Jessica."

 

I could only nod and smiled a bit. 

 

Right, I am not really happy. It's a first time I can't be with Donghae and it's somehow very odd to me. I played with his gift's paperbag as I gripped its strings. 

 

"Can I talk to our Jessica for a while son?" out of the blue, his father came, holding up two glasses of wine.

 

Jaejoong politely nodded as he excused himself. Uncle's eyes landed on me as he held out the other glass. I reached for it before following him to the living room. I sat on the chair adjacent to the couch to which where he was sitting on.

 

"Uncle? Do we have a problem?" I asked.

 

"What happened between you and Donghae?"

 

I froze. "What?"

 

He looked concerned, like he has been worrying about it. "Jessica, I'm aware of Donghae's changes nowadays. He's been very aggressive and...really gets mad easily."

 

The thought came into my head was, he's a jerk. But something about how uncle says it pins me. Why the hell Donghae is acting really weird?

 

"Jessica, you don't know how much you mean to that younger son of mine. He's really fond of you."

 

I shook my head. "No, uncle. I'm aware of my role in his life. I'm his best friend. Besides he already has a girlfriend."

 

"And I am practically aware of that," he shoot back and made me confused. "Look, he needs you. He needs someone else right now because he's losing. He's like a lost boy, Jessica. He's always silent, like a mad dog he always gets home late. He's mind seems like travelling around and he isn't aware we are already worried. And I believe you could make him feel better again...because..."

 

I waited. I waited for uncle to continue but there was none after that. Then I felt bad for Donghae. I always feel bad for him even though he hurts me from time to time. And finding out from his own father's mouth what's happening to him, it saddens me all of the sudden. 

 

"Jessica, you said you're his best friend. So please make him feel better."

 

It was a request. It's the kind that I sure won't turn down. So I said yes. 

 

Just like the old times, Jessica. You gave in again. Is this how love play? It's unfair. And here I am, alone, thinking of what I should do. Ugh, where the hell is he?

 

What the hell is he trying to do this time? Ugh. This boy! I knew he's not gonna take it when I'm gone. He's just too proud and has a big ego! The battle of pride.

 

I texted him, hoping that I'll get a reply soon before I could change my mind. Tss, how in the hell could I move on if he's like this? Damn it!

 

Fr: DongHEY 

 

Why do you care?

 

What the eff?! Ugh! I knew he'd do that. This mother eff is really something. I typed a reply despite the fact that he just gave me a cold shoulder. 

 

To: DongHEY 

 

Just tell me where the heck are you before I could kill your parents. 

 

There. I think that would do.

 

Minute later he sent me a reply. A smile crept onto my face when I read his massage. I'm at the park, psycho. Come quickly!'

 

Without further ado, I made

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter