3

Me and My Prince

Should I or should I not? If I ever do it, won't I regret it? 

 

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

 

Time flies so fast, its Thursday already and tomorrow is the expected event that will happen.  I can't focus on my studies, work and especially myself. I once knew that I forgot to take a bath due to me deciding on what I'll do. Gosh, Seriously. I cursed myself at that time! On the second hand, I and the Prince are still in bad terms after what happened last Monday. The time Ms. Lee found out that he didn't tutor me; she put the blame on me. YES, ONLY ME! Oh my gosh, but wait, is he even eavesdropping on our conversation? He eventually shows up when Ms. Lee is done talking. Wow~ He kept on saying LIES, LIES LIES. Why is he even lying? Is he being a bad role model to me and the big question is, why does he want to take ALL the blame? I, too, have done a mistake not only him! But still, Ms. Lee insisted and told him that it's not even his fault. Uwaaa~ I sure do want to be a princess someday!

 

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

 

"Soo Jin!" L.Joe shouted and walked towards me

"Oh! Hi, there" I greeted him

"I called your name for 5 TIMES already! What's wrong?" He puts his hands on my cheeks then went up, on my forehead. I looked at him weirdly. 

"You're not even sick, so why gloomy?" Oh. . . 

"I'm just thinking of something important"

"Well, Will you tell me?" He said and does his aegyo

"Uh, I'll rather keep it private" He looked down and nodded. This is what i liked about L.Joe he tries to understand me even though he doesn't want to. 

I ruffled his hair and run fast as I stop my tracks down the slope. 

"Yah! Oppa! Faster~" I shouted and I know for sure he loves it calling him 'Oppa'. He told me once that whenever some special girl calls him Oppa, he looks like he's matured enough and safe to be with in his arms. "If you kept on walking like a turtle, were going to be late and if that happen, you better give your explanation to Ms. Lee!" He ran to me then placed his arm over my shoulder and encircled the rest of his arm on my neck. After a few meters of walk, we arrived at school early. We entered the school laughing like there's no tomorrow when 4 cars passed by in a fast motion and it made us stop. Girls were squealing everywhere. OH NOT AGAIN! A bunch of bodyguards came out in the cars. Girls, (Oh sorry) what I meant is, the prince so called 'Dying hard fans' were blocking the entrance, they prevent those crazy fans coming near him. As soon as they did, he went out and started to look coolly. Oh kapeesh! He was about to go in when he saw me with L.joe walking near the entrance, he then scoffed and went inside. What a jerk. 

School was practically fun and crazy especially now, since I know that L.Joe is studying here. We are now heading to our last class for the day which is Arts. 

"Na Eun, can you help me draw this draft in the sketch pad?" I asked Na Eun 

"Sure, but make sure Mr. Kang won't see us" 

"Ne" I slowly drifted to dreamland 'cause I stay up late again last night. Aish!

Minutes came. . . 
 

"Soo Jin! Soo Jin!" I could hear a man's voice

"Yes?" I asked

"When will you pass your Art Sheet?" 

"Uh, How about later. . . I'm still waiting for Na Eun to finish it!" Why is he suddenly asking me that question?

"So. . . Ms. Son, how about marking your grade to 0 for doing somebody's work" The man's voice said

"I'm sorry, I won't do it again. I-I-I Promise!" Na Eun, I could feel that she is about to cry

"If that's what you want, then I’ll give you a second chance but as a punishment for Ms. Kim, kindly tell her when she wakes up that she will clean the locker's section later. Okay?" WHAT?! Maybe, I'm just dreaming about this, yeah maybe.

Hours past and I think, I’m still in dreamland. I woke up lazily then a note fall behind me.

"Oh what's this?" I picked the paper and flip it.

It says:

Soo Jin-ah, you were sleep talking in art class today.

Mr. Kang found you sleeping and tries to wake you up but eventually it leads to a conversation.

He asks you when will you pass your art sheet then you told him, out of the blue, that I’m doing your work.

He tried to mark my grade 0 but I promised him that I won't do it again.

So as for your punishment, you will clean the locker's section today. Good luck and fighting~ Bye!

"So it wasn't a dream after all, HUH?!" I exclaimed but still I obeyed it. I went to the locker's section holding a bucket of water on my right hand while broom, dust pan and a mop on my left hand. I decided to text Ahjumma for not being able to show up to work.

From: Soo Jin

To: Ahjumma (Creams and Krepts Cafe)

Ahjumma, Sorry for not showing up to work today.

School must have hated me for giving me a punishment :(

I need to settle some things here first, Will that be alright? ^^

 

From: Ahjumma (Creams and Krepts Cafe)

To: Soo Jin

Yes, that will be alright, my dear. Take Care of yourself and Fighting~

Text me, if you're safe home already, Arasso? :)

 

From: Soo Jin

To: Ahjumma (Creams and Krepts Cafe)

Ne, Ahjumma. Kamsamhamnida~ ^^

I placed back my phone in my pocket and started sweeping the floor. It's such a mess. Life must've hated me! After sweeping the floor i took the mop and started to do it. I mop every area of the locker's section. After doing it, i need to scrub the lockers. I took the towel deep it into the new clean water and when i turned around. Dirty footprints were seen in the new clean floor. 

"Aish! WHO DID THIS?!" I shouted, throwing tantrums like a child. What can I say; I work hard to clean this area!

"Oh, Sorry about that" a familiar voice said. I tilted my head on where that voice came from and i saw him, the so called 'Prince'

I scoffed "No wonder, this foot prints are such a mess. Like your attitude" I mumbled those last words

"I beg your pardon, but will you repeat what you've said a while ago?" He came towards me and stared at me. I left a sighed and decided not to finish this up. I'm so tired of everything! Working, talking and even arguing with someone like him. I was about to go when he grabbed my hand

"Don't be such a disrespectful person, Ms. Kim Soo Jin. I think we shouldend this now" End? What is he talking about?

"End?" I asked dumbfound

"You know, OUR FIGHT" He emphasized the last words. Oh, so he's talking about OUR FIGHT but I’m not in the mood to talk to him

"Excuse me but I’m not in the mood to talk to you today. Let's try to settle down things next time. Goodbye!" 

"Are you supposed to leave this place a mess?" He asked. Oh yeah, If I leave it here as a mess, Mr. Kang would surely give me a worst punishment. I mopped again the floor and scrubbed the lockers too fast. Now, I'm done. 

"Goodbye" I said in a harsh tone and he just nodded

 

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

 

I'm already in my house right now. I sent Na Eun a message a minute ago to tell the boss that I won't be coming to work because I’m not feeling well. I also sent Ahjumma a message telling her that I’m home safe. I took out all of my books in my bag and started to drown myself in studying. I look at my planner on what things I’ll need to pass tomorrow and as soon, as I see the date 'Friday - October 21, 2011'. That conversation popped out in my mind again. I also totally forgot about the event tomorrow. What should I do? Its tomorrow already and I only have 15 hours left, EOTTOKE?! 1 hour passed and I made my decision already. I think about it for a gazillion time and I know it's for the best for everyone. 

From: Soo Jin

To: oochi (L.Joe)

Hey, are you busy?

 

From: oochi (L.Joe)

To: Soo Jin

No, Why? 

 

From: Soo Jin

To: oochi (L.Joe)

Want to hang out? Noraebang? 

 

From: oochi (L.Joe)

To: Soo Jin

Sure! Let's meet up in the park. Okay? :)

 

From: Soo Jin

To: oochi (L.Joe)

Okay! Make it faster, Slowpoke! =))))))))))))

 

I headed to the park and saw L.Joe there. Wow, he came fast. TOO FAST! 

"Yah! Did you run from your house all the way up here?" I shouted in curiosity

"No, I'm on my way home when you called" Ah. . 

"Ka Ja~" I said. We went to a Noraebang and sang many songs. Me and L.Joe were singing crazily like there's no tomorrow. After singing, we went to an arcade and play games randomly. It's already 11pm and we are now heading home when I ask him to stay a little more so now we are sitting in the swings looking at the stars. 

"Soo Jin, You’re acting kind of strange today. What's wrong?" L.Joe asked still not removing his eyes on the sky

"Why? Is there something wrong did I do?" I asked

"No, but you asked me out of a sudden that you want to hang out with me. Yes, I know you miss me so much but now is different, you're asking me to stay with you a little more. That's the first time in my life that you did that" he then turned his gaze to me

I smiled "What do you think is the meaning of 'Life'?" I asked, changing the subject. He looked at me confusingly but didn't hesitate to answer.

"Life is the sum of all your choices. You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something like your guts, destiny, life, and karma or whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life. That's what I’ve learned about life" He said. "Why did you ask me out of a sudden?" He added

"Then what do you think about Life that will end up eventually?" I asked out of the blue again

"You see, Soo Jin. No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven, doesn't want to die just to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it and that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true." He explained

"If love is cruel, why is life too cruel also?" I feel like I’m a kindergarten who's asking non-stop questions yet L.joe always gave me a meaningful answers. 

He left a sighed "Soo Jin, DO you even know what's the world's greatest lie?" He asked out of nowhere and I shook my head "It's this; that at a certain point in our lives, we lose control of what's happening to us, and our lives become controlled by fate." He continued. I closed my eyes and starting to think again if I made the right decision, well I think about it a gazillion time after all, so I wouldn't change my mind. 

"We better get going. It's kind of late now. Sorry to trouble you" I smiled bitterly

He shook his head "No, Anything for my best friend, Soo Jin. I had fun and I think I'll cherish this day" He smiled widely and giggled

I and L.Joe were best friends. We know everything about each other. Since we are babies our parents are already best of friends so it's like our bond will never destroy and if ever does, we make sure that person who is planning it will fail. Also 'oochi' is what I call to him 'cause when we were a child he fell on the slide and I kept on saying to his wound "Boo Boo, Boo Boo! Chi, Chi!" I think i still remember the dance steps I made to him. HAHAHAHA, it was epic at that time.  

"I'll also cherish this day" I smiled and we walked towards my house. Before I enter my house I suddenly hug L.Joe

"What--- Soo Jin?" L.Joe asked with a shocked expression written all over his face

"Give me a minute, I really miss you" My voice is shaking. Tears escaped my eyes leaving him confused about my actions. 

"Soo Jin, why are you crying? Tell me, what's wrong?" He asked worriedly, I shook my head. 

"I better get going" I broke the hug not even wanting to have an eye contact with him. I went inside and ran as fast as I can up in my room

 

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

 

'L.Joe if I ever stay with you down there long enough, I might tell you everything and you might change my mind about it. I don't want that to happen. I think about this carefully and I think I really did a right decision. L.Joe, I'm sorry' I thought about this. I cried and cried for the reason of not telling anyone about this. I don't want them to be sad if they ever knew what I’m going to do. Tell me, I'm selfish but no, it’s for the sake of everyone that I’m going to do this. Yes, FOR EVERYONE!

_______________________________________________________________________________

 

Chapter 3 is out! Sorry for waiting:(

On the next chapter: You will know the plan she's talking about and the decision she will make so stay tune!

Oh well! comments are loved<3 ALWAYS! Don't forget to

subscribe>:D<