Chapter Four - Girl Talk

My Sunshine After The Rain
 
After the wedding, Lexxi  got into her shiny red Benz and drove to Club AsianWave. When she arrived at the club, it was jam packed with people. As always, the music was blasting and the dance floor was filled with bodies of people dancing away to the bumping music.
"Heyy Unnie you made it!" Chaeri happily hugged her sister.
Lexxi nodded, "Nae, I just came back from my friend's wedding."
"Ahh really?"
With a questioning gaze, Lexxi asked, "Where's eomma and appa?"
"Appa is about to perform and Eomma is in the dressing room."
Lexxi bit her lip trying to contain back her sobs, but she couldn't hold it in any longer. "Ahh really. . . " Lexxi sobbed.
"Unnie are you okay? Why are you crying?" Chaeri hugged her older sister. Lexxi brought her arms up and embraced her little sister back.
 
"Wanna talk about it?" Chaeri whispered.
Lexxi shook her head. Now wasn't the time to talk about her problems. She had to be strong for her sister, her parents, but mostly importantly, for herself. She didn't want to trouble her family, this was her burden to bear. 
"Ani gwenchanayo dongseng... let's just see Eomma. She's probably looking for us."
Chaeri reluctantly agreed, "...Arraso."
They released each other from their embrace and went to go find Dara who was in the dressing room.
 
__________________________________________________________________________________
 
@ the Dressing Room
 
DARA's POV
 
"Where are the girls?" Dara nervously asked as she was pacing back and forth. She never performed without the presence of all of her family. They were her foundation and their support really meant the world to her.  They were always there, whether they were watching from the crowd or waiting in the dressing room.To Dara, her children were her good luck charms.
"Yeobo, please calm down,"GD said as he brought his wife into his embrace.
Dara shook her head, "I can't calm down! I need them here!"
 
Then there came a knock at the door and GD answered it.
"Appa, Eomma we're here!" Their daughters entered the room. Chaeri had a small smile on seeing her beloved parents together. Lexxi on the other hand, wasn't looking to well. It was obvious she was crying from her puffy red eyes and her tear-stained cheeks.
When Dara saw her daughters, she immediately hugged them.
 
A sudden knock came at the door only for it to be Lydia. "You're on in 5," said Lydia to GD as he was too hugging the girls.
When GD left to perform with BigBang, Dara started questioning the girls.
"Where were you?"
"I was in the practice room with the Kwon oppas," the youngest daughter replied.
"And how about you Lexxi-ah?" Dara turned to ask her other daughter.
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Lexxi POV
"And how about you Lexxi-ah?" her mother turned to ask. 
"I-I was..." Lexxi stammered. She wanted to tell her mom about the wedding, and about how mean Yuri was, and how much she loved Lee Joon but things ended for them. Fresh tears were about to fall just as she remembered what happened at the wedding. She couldn't let her mom see her in her moment of weakness. Her mom was about to perform on stage, how can Dara perform well if she is worrying about her eldest daughter? That would be selfish. Her eomma always works very hard for her performances and Lexxi didn't want to trouble her. She had to be strong, just like her eomma. To prevent herself from breaking down in front of everyone,  Lexxi walked out of the dressing room and went outside to get fresh air. Hopefully she'll calm down by the time 2NE1 has to perform.
"Unnie!" Chaeri called out to her sister who left everyone in shock.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Chaeri POV
 
"Unnie!"
"Did I say something wrong?" Her mother said with a worried expression.
Chaeri shook her head to try and ease her mother's worries, "Eomma I'll be back."
"Don't worry Dara, I'll go for you. You just continue getting ready," said CL as she stood up from her chair since she was already prepared to perform.
"Gomawo CL. Please look after Lexxi for me. I would go, but I have to get ready." CL nodded in return and left with Chaeri to go find Lexxi.
When both Chaeri andCL found Lexxi, her back was against the wall as she was squatting and crying.
"Unnie please talk to us?" Chaeri said with a worried tone.
Lexxi shook her head. She couldn't burden them.
Chaeri cried in frustration, "Eomma is really worried! You just ran off on her!"
Lexxi softly whispered, "I don't want to burden anyone."
"That is it!"
Lexxi and Chaeri's eyes both widened at CL's outburst.
CL grabbed Lexxi by her arm and pulled her up to a standing position. 
"CL sunbae-nim?"
"Stop being so selfish!" CL said defiantly.
Lexxi could only stare in disbelief that she was being scolded.
"You don't want to be a burden? Well, right now you are!"
"I didn't mean to be..." More tears started flowing from Lexxi's eyes.
With a strong gaze, CL looked at Lexxi and demanded, "Look me in the eyes Lexxi-ah and tell me nothing is wrong."
Lexxi turned her head away, not being able to do as requested. "See, you can't even do that." CL continued her rant.
"What you're doing right now is only worrying your family more. Can't you see how upset Chaeri is to see you, her unnie crying. And what do you think your eomma is feeling right now? She is worried about you since you just ran off on her. Even though GD-oppa is performing, what will happen when he comes back from his performance to see that you're not there?"
Lexxi cried out, "I just want to be strong for my family. I don't want to bother them with my problems when there's already so much going on for them."
CL smiled and patted Lexxi's head.
"But that's why you have family. They are there to support you and comfort you. They are your foundation."
Chaeri nodded in agreement as she said, "CL sunbae-nim is right. I'm always here for unnie and I want to help you as much as eomma and appa. It's not a trouble at all, we are family for a reason."
Lexxi nodded as she wiped away her tears, "You guys are right. I'm sorry for my selfish behavior."
"It's fine. If you want to be strong, you have to overcome your weakness first. But you can't do that alone. As the leader of 2NE1, I had a lot of struggles I had to face, but since my parents always traveled it was hard to find comfort in them. That is why I have my YG Family. They were there for me when my family couldn't be there. We are called YG Family for a reason."
Chaeri smiled and said, "We are one big loving family!"
CL smiled in return. "Now Lexxi-ah, are you ready to tell us what happened?"
Lexxi took a few deep breaths assuring herself that she needed to finally get it off her chest.
"Arasso... I'll tell you everything." And Lexxi proceeded to tell them everything that happened, from what she saw at the studio, to her cafe meeting with Soo yun, to the wedding that she just returned from.
After telling them everything, a guy suddenly came out from the club entrance, only to be Big Bang's maknae.
"Ahh Jinjja! Why is it so hot out here!" Seungri whined as he came to tell CL that 2NE1 was going on stage soon.
"Yah! Don't you know this is a private talk we're having?" CL said as soon as she saw Seungri.
Seungri started fluttering his eyes and pretended to act like a love sick girl, "Jinjja? What are you talking about? Fashion? The boyfriends? Ooh Taecyeon oppa, you're so cute! And Lee Joon oppa, I Love you!" Seungri spoke in a cringe worthy high pitched voice. The three girls both raised an eyebrow at the strange guy. Seungri's female voice was a total fail.
CL groaned in frustration and yelled, "No! Now leave!" CL was obviously annoyed, but she found him funny and the girls started laughing.
"A-Arasso noona, but Teddy hyung said you guys are on in 5."
"Teddy oppa said that?" As she softened up and twisted her hair with her fingers.
"Yah! You're a whole different person when you hear someone mention teddy hyung," Seungri looked at CL with a weird expression.
"Yah! Arent you supposed to be helping me?" said Lexxi jokingly as she brought her hands to her hips.
"Oops, mianhae Lex."
Lexxi laughed, "Gwenchanayo! I'm feeling much better now." They then proceeded to go back inside the club for 2NE1's upcoming performance.