Chapter Three - Goodbye Lee Joon

My Sunshine After The Rain

As Lee Joon was in the dressing room getting ready for the wedding, there came a knock at the door.

 
"Who is it?"
 
"Hyung it's me," Thunder replied.
 
"Come in." Lee Joon tried unlocking the door while trying to tie his tie at the same time.
 
"Wow someone looks good with no guilt?" Thunder said in a joking manner.
 
"Yah! This isn't the time to be joking!" A distressed look present on the groom's face. His eyebrows were scrunched showing his frustration while his hands balled into fists.
 
"I'm sorry hyung." Thunder put his hand on Lee Joon's shoulder as a way to try and comfort him.
 
Suddenly there was a knock on the door.
 
"Lee Joon-ah," Lee Joon's father called as he walked into the room.
 
"Nae appa. What is it?"
 
"I just wanted to tell you that we're almost ready."
 
Lee Joon nodded in response, "Arasso appa".
 
Before Lee Joon's father left he turned towards Thunder.
 
"Thunder-ah." He gave a small smile while patting his back.
 
Thunder gave a small bow. "Nae…Sir."
 
With a sincere look, the older man requested, "Please continue to help my son."
 
"Nae...Sir" Thunder gave a sad smile in return and bowed again.
 
"Well, we should go to the church now," he lightly chuckled before ushering both boys out of the room.
 
________________________________________________________________
 
Lexxi POV 
 
 
 
It was a beautiful day. Truly a perfect time to have a wedding. With a hopeless sigh, Lexxi somehow forced herself to get ready. As she was sitting at her vanity table putting on makeup, she felt a strong burst of pain in her heart. She always dreamed that, even while they were dating, Lee Joon would be the one that she married. But now, all those dreams of the future were crushed. Today is the day where she'll have to watch the one she loves tie the knot with someone else.
*knock* *knock*
Chaeri entered her sister's room. "Unnie I'm heading to practice-Whoa!" 
Lexxi in returned glared at her dongseng, "Whoa? What's with that reaction?"
"I mean, you're going to the studio dressed like that?" Chaeri tried to play it off, but failed as she nervously laughed. Lexxi felt bad for giving her sister attitude. It wasn't her fault the love of her life was getting married to someone else.
The older sister gave a sad smile as she shook her head. She looked back at the mirror to continue putting on the finishing touches of her makeup. "Aniyo... I actually have a wedding to go to."
Chaeri's eyes widened. "A Wedding?" 
Lexxi nodded, "Nae… a wedding."
"How come I wasn't invited?"
Lexxi began to tear up at the thought of the wedding. She was trying her best to hold it in, but talking about it made everything worse.
"Unnie!!! Are you okay? Mianhae, I didn't mean to upset you."
Lexxi shook her head and patted her tears dry. "It's not your fault…Sorry I really need to get ready now, I'll see you later."
"Arasso," Chaeri awkwardly answered back. As she was about to close the door, she hesitated a moment before getting the courage to ask one more question.
"Unnie? Who's wedding are you attending?"
Lexxi's eyes widened and hesitated to answer the question. She loved Chaeri, but she didn't want to burden her younger sister with her problems. Even though as sisters they told each other everything, this was something Lexxi could not talk about. The heartbreak would truly destroy what little life she had inside. The only reason she was attending the wedding was to get closure. She loved Lee Joon so much, and if he wanted to marry Yuri because he loved her more, than so be it. All she wanted was for him to be happy and if she got hurt in return, then she'll take it. She'll wear a fake mask and pretend she isn't hurting.
"Unnie?"
Lexxi turned and gave a sad smile to her dongseng, "A close friend of mine."
 
_________________________________________________________________
 
@ The Wedding

 

The church was beautifully decorated for the couple's big day. Everyone was dressed so elegantly because their wedding style was traditional and elegant. So the church was decorated in colors of white and pastels. The piano started playing to indicate that the marriage ceremony was starting. Soo yun was being walked down by her father, a huge grin present on the bride's face. Once Soo yun got closer to Lee Joon, she saw a smile on his face. Her smile widened at this. However, behind that smile was pain and anger. Lee Joon was always good at hiding his true emotions.

"We are gathered here today to join together Lee Joon and Park Soo yun ," said the priest as he walked towards the alter.
"But before we start is there anyone here who opposes this couple's marriage?" The priest looked around the room to see if anyone raised their hand.
Meanwhile at the pews, Lexxi was biting her quivering lip. Her eyes became watery at the sight of the beautiful couple. Even though she wanted so badly to stop the wedding, she would only be a burden to Lee Joon. He would end up hating her if she ruined this moment. A small tear ran down her face at the thought. For a second Lexxi pictured herself in Soo yun's position, with a beautiful gown, standing next to her beloved Lee Joon. But then the image disappeared. Now that dream would never be a reality.
 
"No One?...Okay we shall proceed."
After, the couple recited their vows.
"Do you Park Soo yun take Lee Joon to be your lawfully wedded husband?"
Before Soo yun  answered she turned to the audience and set her eyes on Lexxi with a smirk on her face.
"I Do," replied Soo yun haughtily. 
"Do you Lee Joon take Park Soo yun as your lawfully wedded wife?"
"I-I..." Lee joon stammered. He knew he should answer, but it didn't feel right. Especially if you say those words to someone else when the one you love is there waiting for your reply. But he couldn't. He already broke Lexxi's heart and what about his father? He couldn't disappoint him. There was nothing else left to do.
"I-I D-do," whispered Lee Joon.
"I now pronounce you, husband and wife!"
Everyone in the pews proceed to cheer and applaud the newly weds. Lexxi stood up and reluctantly clapped for the wedded couple. Before leaving, she wanted to look at Lee Joon one last time before never seeing him again. This was the closure she needed. As the couple walked down the aisle, Lee Joon caught sight of Lexxi. In that moment all he could see was love in her eyes, but something else was present. Acceptance?
"Lexxi…." Lee Joon whispered softly to himself.
With a defeated smile Lexxi mouthed out the words, "Congratulations."
Then she was lost in the crowd as Soo yun pulled her now husband further down the aisle. That last image of Lexxi was forever burned into his mind. But this was the consequence he had to take for breaking her heart. This is what Lee Joon deserved.
As the couple left the church in their limo, everyone proceeded to leave the church to go to the party. Lexxi was left standing in the church. She took one last look at the altar and then continued her way to the exiting doors of the church.
"I guess she's the better woman," Lexxi said with tears threatening to fall as she slowly walked out of the church and towards her car. This was the last time she would cry for Lee Joon. After, she would lock her heart up and pretend to move on with her life. It was time to head to the studio and finally forget.