Chapter Ten - I Don't want to see you

My Sunshine After The Rain
Lee Joon POV
 
"Attention passengers, we will be arriving in Seoul in ten minutes."
 
Lee Joon continued staring out the the window watching as the plane was starting to land. Once they finally landed, he gathered his belongings and followed the large mass of people to the baggage claim. On his way there, he took out his phone to call Thunder so he could pick him up from the airport. He waited around 15 minutes before his small black suitcase popped up from the luggage carousel. After, he waited outside at the airport terminal until his friend would arrive. Ten minutes, or so, later, Thunder pulled up to the side in his black BMW. Thunder rolled down the window and smiled at him.
 
"Hey Hyung, how was the honeymoon?"
Lee Joon rolled his eyes as he rolled his suitcase to the back of the car. He put his belongings in the trunk and then went to the front passenger seat and got in. After closing the door and putting on his seat belt, Lee Joon noticed that they weren't driving off. He turned to his friend with a glare.
"I'm here, let's go."
"Hyung, I came all the way to pick you up and you didn't even say hi. I asked you a question and you didn't even reply to it!" Thunder complained with a childish pout on his face.
Lee Joon sighed in frustration, "Look, I'm sorry. I'm just really tired, that's all. The honeymoon didn't go so great as you could tell I left the day after we just got there."
"Hm, I kind of figured since the she-devil wasn't with you," Thunder shrugged.
His friend continued on, "But you didn't even try to enjoy it? I mean, you were in Hawaii!"
An annoyed and tired look came over on the older boy's face at the fact that they were still taking about it.
"Look, I didn't enjoy it okay? Can we just go now?" he sighed.
Thunder just nodded and started the car. As they were driving the younger man kept glancing at his brooding friend next to him. He really killed the mood whenever he got angry.
"Okay, this deafening silence is killing me! Not to mention your brooding aura is killing my vibe. What's going on here?" Thunder shouted, fed up with Lee Joon's attitude. He was only worried for his Hyung. Ever since the breakup and the wedding, Lee Joon hasn't been himself. He knew how much he loved Lexxi and he hated seeing him this way. In fact, he missed the old Lee Joon who was happy with Lexxi.
Lee Joon breathed out deeply, "Honestly, I don't know."
"Wanna talk about it?"
The troubled man agreed to his friend's request and proceeded to tell him everything, especially the part about his dream with Lexxi.
"Wait, so you didn't enjoy the honeymoon because every time you looked at Yuri, you saw Lexxi's face?" Thunder asked incredulously.
The older friend shook his head in frustration, "What am I going to do?"
"Hyung! Calm down, I've got an idea," Thunder smiled as they pulled up to Lee Joon's house. After parking in the driveway, Thunder looked at Lee Joon with a mischievous look on his face.
"I'm afraid to ask but it can't be helped. What's the plan?"
__________________________________________________________________________________
Lexxi POV
 
"Try not to sleep too late. You had a long day at the studio. Rest well."
"Nae Eomma! Goodnight!" Lexxi smiled at her mom who was busily washing the dishes from their dinner. After leaving the kitchen, the girl walked up the stairs slowly, she was so tired from dance practice and her recording sessions with her father. Although GD was always silly and fun at home, when he was in the studio he was very hard to please. He wanted everything perfect and was so focused on work. It was like total opposites! It was strange to see the different sides of her father, but she appreciated him even more for it. He knew when to put on the perfect business facade when needed, but he also knew when to relax and just enjoy life. She hoped that she could be like that in the future as well.
"Ugh I'm so tired!" Lexxi dove onto her bed. She turned around to look at her ceiling. She's been so busy lately she really didn't think too much about the troubles that were bothering her. But now that she had time to relax, it seemed all those thoughts came crashing back down. But her thoughts were soon interrupted by a strange sound that came from outside.
"What was that?" she got up from the bed and went to the balcony but when she looked there was nothing.
Lexxi raised an eyebrow in suspicion giving the back yard another look. There still wasn't anything strange so she just shrugged it off. "I must be really tired to be hearing things." 
Lexxi closed the balcony doors and went back to bed.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Thunder Pov
 
" Are you sure this is going to work?" A mixed feeling came over Lee Joon as he looked up at Lexxi's balcony.
"Hyung do you want to be her Romeo again or not?" Thunder looked at his friend sternly.
They were currently hiding in the bushes of the Kwon family's backyard. The two friends were glancing up at the balcony which was connected to Lexxi's bedroom.
"Kekekeke."
Lee Joon glared at the younger man, "What are you giggling like a schoolgirl for?"
"I just think its funny I'm hiding in my noona's backyard." Thunder proceed to laugh a little louder, "And now that I think about it... You're in love with my niece!"
"Shush, be quiet! She's coming!"
The two ducked down in the shrubbery as Lexxi came up looking down on the backyard. A minute later, she went back inside. 
"That was a close one Hyung!"
"Yeah, just please don't remind me your her uncle. It's weird enough already that we're hiding in their backyard."
"Hey, you should be thanking me! GD hyung wasn't going to allow you to date her but I convinced him otherwise."
Dara and GD had Lexxi at a very young age. However, because of the two year break occurring with both their respective groups, when YG was focusing on the rookie groups, they were able to get married and raise Lexxi without complications. When the public found out, it was such a shock. There was such an uproar from the media and fans about their secret relationship. Although they expected hate and negativity, their fans were actually very supportive.  And a year later, their babygirl Chaeri was born. Although there was a twelve year gap between Dara and Thunder, they were still very close with each other. Thunder helped raise Lexxi and Chaeri so they had a very close bond. Although it had been a while since he visited them, it didn't mean he didn't have their best interests in mind. He knew for a fact Lexxi was having a hard time getting over the break up. He also knew that she didn't tell her parents yet about the breakup. Dara would've called him otherwise.
 
There was only a six year gap between him and Lexxi and a seven year gap between Lee Joon and Lexxi. GD was outright opposed to Lexxi dating a man that was older than her, but because he was friends with Thunder and he trusted Thunder's judgement, GD allowed it. Lexxi was so infatuated with Lee Joon anyway so GD could not refuse. She had a crush on Lee Joon ever since she was a little girl. 
Lee Joon sighed, "Oh just shut up already. Let's just do this!"
Thunder nodded in reply and ran out of the bushes as quietly as he could with a ladder. After carefully setting it up against the balcony, he looked back at his friend and gave him a thumbs up.
"Go be her Romeo then."
__________________________________________________________________________________
Lee Joon Pov
 
"Ahh I made it!" He climbed over the balcony railing. He looked back down at Thunder who was giving him the thumbs up.
He took a deep breath in a walked up to the balcony door. She was on her bed listening to music and writing something down in her notebook. Lee Joon's heart began to pick up its pace as the nerves started to kick in. He hasn't seen Lexxi since the wedding and they didn't leave on a good note. He didn't know what was going to happen, but he knew he had to do this. If not for himself, then for the girl he loved. 
 
*knock *knock*
 
Footsteps approached the doors leaving Lee Joon with sweaty palms and a knot feeling in his stomach. When the door opened, Lexxi was left in shock.
"Lee Joon?" Lexxi spoke with an incredulous look on her face. Her eyes widened at the realization that he was really outside her balcony.
"Nae, it's me," the man responded.
The girl looked around nervously. "Oppa, what are you doing here? Soo yun-ssi must be waiting for you at home."
"Forget about Soo yun. I know it's late at night, but I just had to see you," he answered with a sincere look on his face.
Lexxi shook her head, "Go home."
She began to close the balcony door but Lee Joon stopped it.
"Please, just hear me out." Lexxi stared into his eyes looking for any sign that she should run away, but she trusted him. After all that happened, she still trusted him. She nodded in return.
"It is the honest truth when I say I am truly sorry for hurting you. If I could go back in time, I would change it all."
Lexxi glared at her ex, "But you can't. You hurt me and I don't think I can ever forget that. I don't even know if I can even forgive you."
"I know this and I'm not expecting you to forgive me. But before I leave, you need to know the truth. I can't leave until you know what really happened."
"What are you talking about?"
Lee Joon turned around and went to lean against the balcony building. He looked up at her and began to speak, "That marriage with Soo yun... it was arranged. You know how it's my dream to become a famous artist and how my Dad was totally opposed to it? We made a deal. I would be able to live out my dreams for a couple of years, but when the time came near for his retirement, I would carry on as the CEO."
He paused for a bit to look at Lexxi and then continued on, "However, this arranged marriage was never part of the deal. But it wasn't like I could refuse my father. You know how much I respect my father and care about him. So, I made the biggest mistake in my life. I broke up with the girl that I love. So when I said I loved Soo yun, it was a lie. I did that so you could detest me and move on with your life. I don't deserve you."
Lexxi shook her head, "I just wish you told me this earlier. I would have understood Lee Joon. I would've been angry but I would've understood. I don't want to hate you Oppa, you know I'm not the type to hold grudges. And how things ended, I didn't want it to be over just like that."
Lee Joon nodded, "I know and for all this, I am truly sorry."
A tear streamed down her left cheek, "But thank you for telling me the truth. I think this is the closure I need."
"I know we can never be together. But you deserved to know the truth, I don't want you to be hurt the rest of your life. I'll always love you Lexxi."
Lexxi took a deep breath in, "I guess this is the final goodbye."
Lee Joon nodded in reply.
"After this, I don't want to see you. If you ever see me, just ignore me and I'll do the same. I think this is for the best Oppa."
"Then give me this one last time."
Lexxi gave him a questioning stare. Her used to be lover walked up to her and pulled her into a final embrace.
He whispered into her ear before he left her balcony, "Please be happy."
Long after he left she was still standing there. Tears were streaming down her eyes like a waterfall. She quietly whispered out into the night sky, "I love you Lee Joon. Goodbye."