fallacy XVI

fallacy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojung checks her room for the last time before she finally lets out a faint smile. It’s over now, she sadly thinks and she wishes the summer camp would be extended for another month, but that’s just ridiculous. The summer is almost over, and she’s just sad because it’s the first time her summer feels like summer—the summer in which she experiences the best things in life, and that’s also including getting the best things in life.

How would it be when she finally returns to the old days? Going back to school—without Jinri. She misses her so bad, and it’s just to know that the girl is doing really fine without her. She sighs, thinking that going to this camp is a thing that she should’ve not done at the very first place, but then she shakes her head again, if she doesn’t attend this camp, then maybe Myungsoo and her are still not in a good term like right now.

“You should learn to be grateful, Soojung.” She reminds herself as she throws her bag pack over her shoulder and carries another bag in her hand. She then walks to the door, opens it and is greeted with a pair of black Converse. She looks up immediately and a very charming Myungsoo stands there at the doorway with his contagious smile on, which makes Soojung smiling too.

“Good morning, love.” He says, reaching out to ruffle her hair playfully before he takes the bag in her hand. Soojung’s smile grows wider and she loves it how the butterflies are still there like it’s the first time. Beaming, she steps out before she replies a “Good morning,” and that makes Myungsoo frowning as they walk. 

“That’s it?” he asks. “That’s all you’ve got to say to me?” Soojung doesn’t really get it and so she raises her eyebrows and he glares playfully at her. “I called you love, and you called me nothing. It hurts, Soojung.” He feigns hurt and she bursts into a giggle before she slings her arm around his. “Since when did you turn to be this… girlish?”

“Since you’ve got that close with that Jongin guy, which made me so jealous yesterday, and you two were lucky Sunggyu held me back from attacking him.” he says and Soojung softens. She tightens the grip she has on him and they stop walking as he looks down to her questioningly, and Soojung breathes deeply before she tiptoes and leaves a kiss on his cheek.

“Come on, let’s go.” Soojung says, ignoring her heating cheeks and dragging him along with her because he seems to be frozen right at the moment she kissed him. “Did you just kiss me back there?” he asks and Soojung rolls her eyes, thinking that he’s teasing her when in fact he’s actually really clueless. “Why are you so shocked?” she questions.

He shrugs as they sit at the main site. “It’s the first time that you make a move before I do.” He replies with a grin. “Is this really the Soojung I know?” he playfully nudges her on the waist and she’s having a hard time to suppress herself from grinning. Instead, she stares at him for a quite long time, and he chuckles. “What? Am I that handsome today?”

She pokes his forehead before she replies. “No. You’re actually uglier compared to the days before.” His jaw drops wide and she pushes it up. “Just kidding. It’s just that,” she sighs. “Many things have happened at this camp. Can you believe it? It’s just like a mere month, but then you’re here and Jinri’s somewhere else, and almost everyone talks to me, and us—“

“Us?” he cuts her off, liking how beautiful it sounds.

She nods hesitatingly. “Us.” She repeats. “Is there something wrong with it? Did I choose the wrong word?”

He shakes his head, smiling widely. “But one thing that isn’t changed for sure,” he says. “is how every time I feel like I know you enough, you turn that enough into an almost. You surprised me twice today.” He grins, pulling her close to him by the waist. “Us, huh? I love how it sounds.”

Soojung smiles sincerely. “Thank you, Kim cocky Myungsoo.” She whispers. “I experience a lot of things here, and it’s all because of you. This summer would be probably the same like before if you aren’t here. I couldn’t thank you enough for that, seriously.” Soojung says, causing Myungsoo to smile and nod against her words.

“You know what,” he says. “If smile could kill, I’d probably be dead by now.”

Soojung rolls her eyes but then breaks into a small laugh after that. “Enough with the sweet talk. I’d get diabetes if you don’t stop.” She replies and they remain silent later on, but it’s not the kind of silent that means nothing. It’s some kind of silent that means everything, Soojung learns, because sometimes words aren’t needed to express something.

They get on the bus after they have their lunch that afternoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter