fallacy X

fallacy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a week since the last time they admitted that they like each other, but the effects from the confession that night affect them even until today. Myungsoo seems happier, and Soojung seems livelier. Not everyone notices that, but some do. Myungsoo’s friends start to join them at times—usually during dinner, and she talks even though not that much. She only talks a lot when Myungsoo comes, and his friends seem to get it why it’s her. He doesn’t tell, but he needs not to do that because it’s obvious if they look properly.

It’s breakfast, and Soojung sits with Jinri alone and she somehow feels there’s a sudden gap between them. They’re still talking, but it’s slightly awkward, and the topics they talk come limited, and not countless like before. Soojung feels afraid because Jinri seems to do just fine without her, and she’s afraid if it’s true. Sudden thoughts fill her mind, and ‘does she know’ and ‘what if she knows’ are one of them. She shakes her head in order to throw the thoughts away.

“You seem like you’re having problem. Anything that I missed?” Jinri asks, looking at her with concerned face.

Soojung shakes her head. “No, I’m good.”

“Really?” Jinri asks.

“Really?”

Soojung looks up when she hears his voice, and he’s sitting down beside her, putting the plate of fried rice he brings on the table. She raises her eyebrows as she looks at him weirdly.

“You’re not helping today?” she asks.

He shakes his head. “Nope.” And he starts eating after that, and he realises he doesn’t greet Jinri yet, so he looks up from his food to her. “Morning!” he exclaims. Jinri doesn’t reply—she only gives him a nod and a faint smile.

Soojung knows something’s off—even though she doesn’t open on anything, she knows that’s probably because of her and her stupid feelings that she grows for the guy beside her—but she’s not sorry for it. When she sees how happy he is when he’s eating the food, of how he takes time to chew and swallow it down completely, that’s when the relief and happiness comes. She doesn’t mind not having him only by herself, or if Jinri hates her because of that—she won’t be sorry because if she is, that’s like she’s being sorry for being real with her own feelings.

She doesn’t know how she becomes… so strong like how she is in defending on what she feels at the moment.

Myungsoo then reaches out his fork to take some of her meats because he’s just finished eating the meat that he got—and that’s only a few pieces, and he thinks that Soojung’s somewhere deep in her thought and it’s okay to take some of hers because she’s probably might not notice, but she does, and so she hits his hand and shoves it away.

“What the heck are you trying to do?”

Myungsoo rolls his eyes. “Give me some. I just finished mine.” He tries again, and Soojung hits him for the second time—this time harder so that he’ll stop, and he does because the hit hurts him, and so he looks at her with a sharp glare. Soojung glares back, and she thinks that he’s done interrupting her but he’s not. He reaches for the meat again, and when she wants to hit him, he grabs her wrist and gives her a challenging look.

“What?” he says challengingly.

Soojung hisses. “Do you think I’m paralysed or something?” she asks, raising her eyebrows. “I have another hand.” And when she’s done saying that and even before Myungsoo could decipher anything, she gives him a light slap on the jaw and then bursts into a giggle when she sees how mad he looks like at the moment.

“How dare you?” he says through gritted teeth before he pulls her towards him and locks her head under his arm. She’s laughing and yelling at the same time, not minding how loud she sounds because nothing else matters anymore if he’s with her. She struggles to free herself, but he tightens the lock on her neck with ‘this is what you get for playing with me’ and some fake, evil laughs on repeat. Feeling breathless, she hits him on the stomach, and he doesn’t expect that, so he loses his grip on her and groans in pain. Soojung then sits in the original position again, still laughing as she fixes her messy hair, and that’s when Jinri gets up from her seat.

Jinri smiles. “I’ll get going first.”

Soojung lets her go, watching her as her back keeps getting smaller until she’s out of her sight. She sighs before she looks to her plate again and all the meats are gone already. She bits her lips, but she doesn’t feel like arguing anymore because Myungsoo’s full and she’s happy. That’s a win-win situation, she guesses, so it’s alright.

“Do you want to hear something crazy?” he asks, propping his elbow on the table and looks at her with a very charming smile, and she’s thankful they’re sitting at the very far end because no one’s there to witness it, because she doesn’t know who else will fall for him if they see that smile. He smiles a lot, but this time it’s different. It’s like this time he smiles like that because he wants to make her falls for him even more, even he doesn’t really have to do that.

“What?”

“I miss you.”

She wants to scoff because she thinks it’s just cheesy, but she can’t and so she only stares at him. “We just met last night.”

Myungsoo raises his eyebrows. “What does it have to do with what I feel for you?” he asks.

“What?”

“If I miss you, then I miss you.” He says, shrugging. “It doesn’t matter if we meet minutes ago, or last night, or last week. If I miss you, then I miss you.”

Soojung’s eyes go hot, and she feels like crying, but instead, she smiles. And then she wonders why she forgets everything when he’s with her, and why it’s only

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter