fallacy XV

fallacy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s the last day they’re at the summer camp. Soojung sits down on the ground, her hand picking the grass as she reminisces all the things that happened there. From the stare she had with Myungsoo at the rest stop, to the punishment she received on the second day and how she admitted that she liked him that night, the prank, the kiss, Jinri, and suddenly she’s almost to the end already. How much things have changed exactly? Many, she knows. And she thinks it’s just surreal that so many things could happen in just about a mere month. She doesn’t want to believe it, and yet she does because it really happens—just like a magic.

Soojung chuckles lowly to herself. Her perception on life, people, love, and even herself are all change now—not completely, but partly. She thinks that life has its own way to make it beautiful through the ups and downs, and not all people are bad, and that love is something undeniable, and that she must puts herself first out of everyone. Thanks to that certain someone, she experiences new things and they’re all nerve-wrecking yet exciting at the same time. It’s probably the best summer that she ever had in her life.

“Okay, the last activity for this year’s summer camp,” the teacher shouts through the megaphone that gains the students’ attention. “is an explore race.” She says. “You just have to answer questions and search for things we ask you to and the first one who manages to finish the game wins.” She explains.

A student raises his hand up. “That all? That’s very easy then.”

The teacher smiles. “Maybe, because you’re going to partner up with someone else that’s not in your team,” everyone’s looking around for their friends until the teacher speaks up again. “Stop it. We’re already done partnering all of you,” they groan and the smile on the teacher’s lips only gets wider. “And to make it interesting, your hand and leg would be tied up together with your partner’s.”

Their jaws drop, and they’re all making loud noises as if their hands and legs would be cut instead of just tied together, and the teacher has to scream once again to shut them up. “We have prizes for all of you, so don’t worry about that. If you’re done whining and complaining, let’s get this started with the partnering now.”

“It’s very bad that I don’t get to partner up with you.” Myungsoo says in her ear as he slings his arm around her shoulder. She laughs, looking up to him, and she thinks he’s getting handsomer day by day. “Come on, it won’t be that bad.” she replies, still laughing since Myungsoo keeps making faces to her because it seems like it’s only him that’s bothered by the fact that they won’t be together.

“Jung Soojung,” the teacher calls her name and she has to pinch his hand so that he’ll let her go to the front. “Kim Jongin. You two will be pairing up for this game.”

Soojung stands beside Jongin and she doesn’t realise the stare people give to her and just getting the things that they need for the race. “Are you alright with all these?” she hears Jongin asks and she looks at him. “I’m alright, I guess. How about you?”

Jongin nods. “It’s alright for me too. I mean, I’m a little bit nervous because it’s you but—“

“Because it’s me?” Soojung frowns. “Am I that scary?”

Jongin quickly shakes his head. “No, that’s not what I meant. I just—“ he takes a deep breath. “Do you remember? A few nights before when we were at the campfire and the truth and dare game and what I said?”

Soojung stares at him as she tries to remember, and he’s embarrassed because just like what he said, it’s Soojung for God sake. Sighing, she shakes her head and sends him an apologetic smile. “I’m sorry. I don’t really remember.”

Jongin’s face goes blank before he lets out a little laugh. “It’s alright. I’m glad you don’t remember actually. It’s just embarrassing. So, should we?” he asks as it’s their turn to have their hands and legs tied up. Soojung nods and minutes later their hands and legs are already tied up together and they laugh when they’re almost falling down when they take the first step to practise walking.

“And you tell me it won’t be that bad.” Myungsoo appears suddenly with a frown and Soojung has to suppress her laughter when she sees the person that he’s paired up with. “Oh come on, it’s Sunggyu! I’m sure you two will do just fine!” she exclaims cheerfully and Myungsoo’s frown grows bigger.

“It’s not me that I’m talking about, it’s you.” He whispers as he averts his gaze to Jongin who pretends he hears nothing. “Just, don’t get too close.”

Soojung wants to reply something logical like ‘of course we’re close, look at our hands and legs’ but then she softens because Myungsoo’s being so lovely and he’s cute when he’s jealous, so she smiles

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter