fallacy XII

fallacy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m here.” he says. “In front of your cabin.”

Soojung’s eyes go wide, and she immediately pulls her phone away from her ear to check on the time, and it’s really one in the morning. “Are you crazy?” she’s half whispering, half yelling. She immediately sits up and then looks at Victoria who’s already in a deep sleep before she averts her gaze on the door.

She hears a chuckle through the phone and she sees a walking shadow under the small gap of the door. “Tell me that later,” he says. “Anyway,” he clears his throat and Soojung notices that he’s not walking anymore but standing still in front of the door. “Are you up for a midnight date?”

Soojung gasps, and she pinches her blushing cheeks. “What?” she asks just to make sure, but there’s a teasing tone in her voice because the way he says is so cheesy that she couldn’t help it.

Myungsoo sighs, feeling like knocking his head to the door. It’s embarrassing, seriously. “Nothing. Not a thing. I’ll get—“

Soojung thinks he’s just cute, and she has never been asked for a date before, and Myungsoo’s the guy that she loves and he’s really asking her for a date this time—even though she doesn’t know what they could do in the dark—she thinks he’s adorable, and so she cuts him off before he could even finish. “Sure,” she says. “I’d love to.”

“Really?”

“Yeah.” She answers with a smile before she gets up and walks to the wardrobe to grab a hoodie—just in case it’s cold even it’s summer.

“Are you smiling?” he asks.

Soojung’s smile dies. “Nope.”

And he hangs up. Soojung shrugs before she walks to the door, taking a glance towards Victoria before she finally opens the door, revealing a smiling Myungsoo. He wears his cap backward this time and she thinks it’s just ridiculous that he looks good in almost everything. She stands there at the door frame because her tongue gets tied out of a sudden and waits for him to speak up first.

“Are you really not smiling just now?” he asks.

Soojung shakes her head, completely denying it. “Nope.” She replies as she closes the door behind her and follows him who’s walking down the porch. They then walk, even though she knows nothing about where they’re heading to, but Myungsoo seems to know it.

“It’s weird.” He murmurs, and so she tilts her head towards him, asking him through her eyes. “It’s weird. I could tell that you were smiling back there.”

Soojung feels like smiling again because he seems to know about her that much, but instead of doing that, she rolls her eyes. “You didn’t see me, Myungsoo. You don’t have a clue how I reacted when you called.”

He shrugs. “Don’t have to, you know? I could tell from your voice.”

She doesn’t want to argue because it’s true that she smiled and so she looks to the front, and asks. “Are you sure this is alright?”

He laughs before he pulls her towards him and slings his arm around her shoulder, and even though Soojung doesn’t like to cling on people, she loves it when she’s in his arm, and so she lets him be. “We’re already out and you’re asking me if this is alright? You should ask me that before you said yes, Soojung. Don’t you think so?” he asks.

Soojung feels so stupid and so she remains silent. It’s funny how they can walk so casually as if it’s not curfew yet but she’s not afraid because he’s there. The worst thing they could ever get would be punishment, isn’t it? And the punishment she received the last time ain’t that bad.

They walk into the woods now, and even though she asks where they’re going, he keeps answering her with a ‘you’ll see’ or even just a squeeze on the shoulder. The light from the moon helps them all the way and she thinks this is just nice—to be with him, even she can’t clearly see him, walking and not really talking, it’s very nice, somehow.

They keep walking until they reach to a very big tree that has space in front of it before it slightly slopes downwards and meets with the lake. She could see the cabins across the lake and wonder whether they’re really walking that far because time seems to be passing that fast and she’s no longer on the bed but now sitting against a tree.

She loves the view very much—the lake seems calmer during the night compares to the day, and the moonlight that shines across it makes it so breathtakingly beautiful—the lilies that grow on the lake is a bonus. She thinks that is probably one of the little heavens on earth, and that she’s grateful he brings her here, because no one ever takes her to that kind of place—with no buildings, but only nature.

“How did you find this place?” she asks.

“I saw it when we looked for the fire woods,” he says. “And I still remember how you nearly killed me with the branch!”

“You’d better be grateful because I didn’t do that for real.” She replies bluntly but with a smile. “but hey, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to, you know? You were just being extra annoying that time that I couldn’t help it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter