fallacy XIII

fallacy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sooooo, are you two a thing now?” Sungjong asks when they’re at the field one evening.

Soojung chokes on her drinks and Myungsoo has to pat her on the back, glaring at Sungjong who’s grinning by now. She swallows down the water completely before she glares at him too.

“Do you really have to ask that?” she yells.

Sungjong throws his hands up, laughing. “Chill, I just want to know.”

“But hey, are we a thing now?” this time it’s Myungsoo and Soojung hisses. She feels the blood rush up to her face and she hits him with the bottle in her hand. “Shut up before I make you.” She warns and ends it with another hit on the shoulder.

Myungsoo laughs and he decides to even more. And so, he leans his head on her shoulder, his hands circle around her waist and he snuggles deeper to her neck that it tickles. Soojung yells loudly as she pushes him but his grips only get tighter on her. Myungsoo laughs—his voice joins together with her and it gains people’s attention—some people think it’s cute, some think it’s just gross—Soojung thinks it’s embarrassing because people are watching.

“Get off me, Kim Myungsoo!!!” she stomps her feet on the wooden bleachers and she almost cries out of embarrassment and the tickles. He finally lets her go and slings his arm around her shoulder and laughs because he thinks she’s adorable.

Maybe not.

Soojung pulls his hair so hard that he’s almost down to her legs, yelling ‘I hate you’ over and over again and it’s only when Myungsoo’s friends call him to play football she lets him go. She shoots him a glare and he only grins, leaning down to leave a kiss on her forehead before he goes to his friend. Soojung touches on the spot he just kissed with a tiny smile spreading across her face. She thinks she should’ve got used to his sudden skinship or acts after this.

“What a faker. Acting so innocent but then steals a friend’s boyfriend.”

She turns her head to the back when she hears that. The smile she had before dies into a firm line, and she holds herself back from exploding because she knows—it’s true, somehow—even though the true part is only the ‘steal’ word. Jinri stares at her with raised eyebrows and even though it was Luna who said that, it still hurts her because they aim it to her without even listening to her. Rather than mad, she’s disappointed. Because it seems like Jinri turns completely into someone that she doesn’t know, and she doesn’t like the changes that happen.

With a shaky breathe, she turns her head back to the front and only focuses to the football match. It’s a game between white team and yellow team. She finds him in between a sea of yellow and white players, and follows his every move. He plays very well, kicking the ball while passing through the players that block him and manages to make a goal. She smiles to herself—he’s really the best in everything. Unfortunately, Sunggyu, Myungsoo’s friend, gets to steal the ball from him and passes it to his team, and then Myungsoo tackles him to the ground, throwing grass to his face while laughing, screaming ‘who the hell gives you right to steal that ball from me?’. Soojung laughs silently when she watches him and his friends, and she thinks he’s lucky to have the best of everything. Probably that’s how he becomes the best in everything.

Is it weird to feel envy with him now?

Twenty minutes has passes and everyone’s pouring sweat. White team’s leading with 3-1 and Myungsoo seems to know that they’ll win that he has a victorious smile on. The leader blows his whistle and the game ends with white team wins the match. Myungsoo keeps giving Sunggyu thumbs down, booing while he’s walking towards her. Sunggyu gives him a last kick before he's completely gone and when Myungsoo stands in front of her, he straightens his hands to her, and she smiles before she high-5 him. He looks down to her and interlaces their fingers together.

“I did great, didn’t I?” he asks, grinning.

She nods, beaming at him. “Really great.”

He then sits beside her, gulping down the water that she brings. Soojung gives a small towel to him so that he could wipe off the sweats, but he turns his head towards her with a cheeky smile.

“Do it for me.” he says.

Soojung nearly scoffs. “Why do I have to do that?”

Myungsoo shrugs. “I’m your boyfriend.” He simply says.

Soojung rolls her eyes. “Since when?”

He raises his eyebrows. “We’re not a thing then?”

“How should I know that?” she asks, frustrated.

Hearing that, he rolls his eyes and leans in and leaves a very quick peck on her lips. She should be back away or yell at him for doing that when she isn’t ready, but her eyes averts to the side and looks at Jinri and Luna instead. Both of them send her a dirty look and she bits her lips, wondering whether if it’s really worth it to love him if she loses her one and only best friend? They smirk to her after that before they get up and head to somewhere else.

“What about now? Am I your boyfriend yet?” she looks at him again. He’s grinning like an idiot to her, blinking sometimes way too fast so that he’ll look cute in her eyes, and she smiles while shaking her head.

“Seriously,” she says, finally wiping the sweats on his face and his neck with the towel in her hand. “What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter