The Elves

The Last Avatar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I'm in a super good mood because of my grades in school YAY! So here's a chapter that I initially wanted to upload only on the weekends. Enjoy~  

 

 

The Woods of the Lady East. Earth Nation.

 

A soft flutter of leaves swirled into the small room, embodying the shape of the tree spirit that was it. She spoke to her master currently resting in the armchair at the opposite corner of the room. The giant of a man an elf had both arms and legs dangling out of the smaller piece of furniture.

 

“Chief. We felt the presence of a group of snatchers near the South of our border a couple of minutes ago… Would you like me to round up the rest of the guards to see to them?”

 

“How many snatchers?” The young chief questioned.

 

“Around 10. All adults. Male. They seemed somewhat armed… So do I rally the rest?” The tree spirit replied.

 

“NO! I mean… it’s ok. I’ll take care of them myself. After all, I was starting to get bored since my sister forbade us to go to war in Fire Nation. It’s time I get some exercise in… don’t you think?” The male grinned (somewhat creepily) at the equally amused tree spirit.

 

“As you wish Master.” The tree spirit took her leave, leaves trailing out of the room in a flash.

 

Time to have some fun! The Chief picked up his favorite weapon, a large crossbow and ran hastily to the open courtyard.

 

“KAI!!! GET YOUR FAT DOWN HE-” He screamed at the top of his lungs but even before he could finish, the man found himself squashed to the ground. Apparently the best friend he summoned had just teleported himself onto the giant elf.

 

“You called…? Yeol-ah.” Kai smirked down at the man he was currently squashing.

 

Chanyeol groaned. “Yah- must you do that everytime I call you!”

 

“Oh sorry (NOT), I thought you said my was fat… so I wanted to flatten it a little. Or maybe I just wanted to flatten you HAH!”

 

“Shut up before I stick this arrow up your !” Chanyeol threatened while groaning at the small ache he felt at his lower back. Damn you Kai! “There are 10 snatchers near the South border… you up for a little hunting?”

 

Kai was never one to back down from a fight; Chanyeol didn’t even need to seek his reply before the two were sprinting to the South forest.

 

“Your tree spirit army was the one who informed you of the snatchers?” Kai questioned while they made their way over fallen trees and small streams. “We hadn’t had intruders for quite a while now… are they credible? You sure your spirit powers were right saying that there were snatchers?”

 

“Hey hey… don’t insult my powers Kai! Being able to command over tree spirits is an incredible gift… and I trust them. They’ve never been wrong in the decades they’ve been guarding silently over the Woods. Besides, being able to talk to animals is an additional gift… the squirrel we just ran past confirmed the presence of armed men to me.” Chanyeol boasted to his compatriot.

 

“Yes~ All hail the mighty Elven Prince Chanyeol. He’s so handsome with his big ears oh my god… the Chief of the Elven guards at the ripe old age of 16. He’s so incredible with his powers yadah yadah…” Kai drawled out sarcastically, rolling his eyes at the other. “Just thank me for running with you Yeol-ah… I could just have teleported to them instead of sweat buckets like you’re sweating no-”

 

“WATCH OUT!” Chanyeol yelled before Kai could even finish with his taunting. The larger male had flung himself behind a nearby tree when a small dagger was thrown right at where Kai’s head was before the targeted boy himself had teleported to safety. Apparently, the two boys had walked right into the group of snatchers while conversing with each other.

 

Chanyeol emerged from behind his tree, shooting at the one who had thrown the dagger with pinpoint accuracy. The snatcher fell to the ground as the arrow found its target in the man’s thigh. More snatchers soon sprouted out at the cries of their fallen mate. Chanyeol darted behind another tree as he drew another arrow from his quiver.

 

Where are you Kai? Well… Kai was currently perched on a branch overlooking the entire scene, unbeknownst to all.

 

He took down another snatcher running towards his hiding place. Having observed that none of the snatchers had projectile weapons like bows or crossbows etc. he strolled confidently to the clearing where the rest of the snatchers were gathered. All swords and daggers were pointed at him when he made his entrance.  

 

“So… what brings you mere humans to the sacred woods of the Elves? Do you snatchers have a death wish?” Chanyeol sneered at the ten pair of eyes before him.

 

“We want the jewels by the Pool of Tranquility… and after we kill both you and your friend, wherever he is right now… We’re going to get it.” The man he assumed to be the leader replied with equal sass.

 

“Well~ I acknowledge your courage… really I do. But do you seriously think you can take down the one and only Chief of the Elven Guards? I’m an elf.” Chanyeol points to his large pointy ears as if it wasn’t already evident that he wasn’t human. “And I have powers. While you-” He points to the snatchers. “-and the rest of your goons are merely humans. With no powers I may add.”

 

The group of snatchers did start to look a little worried at the mention that the elf before them had powers to boot, in addition to his high status in the elvish coven.

 

“And you guys should pay more attention to my friend, wherever he is at the moment. He has some pretty kick- powers of his own too.”

 

“Whatever! Don’t get fooled. This guy is probably trying to scare us by blowing up his powers… it’s still ten to one/two currently. He’s outnumbered… GET THEM!” The snatchers leader roared and charged forward at Chanyeol. He took all but three steps before he found himself being teleported to a branch fifty feet in the air above the clearing.

 

“You see my friend over there… yes the creepy-looking one currently staring at us, along with all your goons.” Kai asked the petrified man clutching desperately onto the arm that had teleported him along with Kai. The man looked down to the faraway ground before squeezing his eyes shut at the fear of the height he was precariously at, nodding to answer Kai’s question.

 

“He’s right you know… I DO have some pretty kick- powers don’t you think?”

 

“What are you doing?! Let go of me this instance you monster!” The shaking man shouted.

 

“Well… if that’s what you want.” Kai deliberated before, “a gentleman can only comply…” Kai smirked before releasing his grip on the man.

 

The man landed right in the midst of his friends, probably breaking his arms and legs upon impact. The men panicked upon seeing their fallen leader and went around crazily swinging their swords, while Chanyeol returned the favor with several more arrows planting into unsuspecting victims’ legs. Kai and Chanyeol took all but ten minutes to end the fight. A victorious pair exchanging high-fives, while looking down at the huddled group of men kneeling before them.

 

They made their way back to the capital of the elvish kingdom, the group of men walking in front of the two younger boys. Along the way, one of the snatchers tried to run away from the group, only to run right into a boulder that Chanyeol had conjured with his earth-manipulating powers. Needless to say, the still unconscious man was now being carried back to the capital.

 

The rest of the guards under Chanyeol’s command hurried forward to bring the prisoners away as soon as they arrived.

 

“Lady Yura would like to see you Chief.” Chanyeol sighed deeply as Kai made to saunter away. “You too, Kai.” Chanyeol’s second-in-command mentioned.

 

“What! Why!?” Kai sputtered before reluctantly taking his place beside his best friend as they made the short trek to the Pool of Tranquility. Both boys knew they were in for a earful by an overbearing Queen/sister, and they were so not looking forward to the meeting.

 

As expected, a cold-faced Lady Yura stood before the Pool with her arms crossed, eyes narrowed at her two troublemakers. Kai and Chanyeol literally shriveled in their skins when they made eye contact with her.

 

They’re your brothers, Yura-ah. No matter how much trouble they bring… restrain from killing them. They’re the only family you have left. Restrainnn. Yura told herself in a bid to keep herself from committing murder.

 

“You know, I really should punish you both…” Yura barked out at the two boys who could only gulp at the severity of her tone. “Who gave you permission to take on those snatchers by yourselves? Either you’re belittling the rest of the elves, or you’re overestimating yourselves!”

 

“Sis-”

 

“Don’t call me that!”

 

“Ok fine. Your Royal Highness. Queen. Lady Yura, Keeper of the Elves of the Woods. Your maj-” Kai stopped Chanyeol from his mini speech by stuffing a palm to the other’s mouth.

 

“Was that sarcasm? I thought you knew better my brother… one week of cleaning duties for you! Kai, you’re getting three days as well.”

 

What!?!? Not fair! “That’s not fair! Why does Kai get three days while I get a week? You’re playing favorites again! Sister, have you forgotten? I’m your brother in blood. Kai’s only our adopted brother… why do you always side with him. WHY!? It’s always been like that since the day we found him on the forest floor 10 years ago. Sometimes I wonder if you even see me as family…the way you treat me sometimes. Hmph!”

 

Kai and Yura exchanged wry smiles before looking at their jealous brother.

 

“Besides… it’s not our fault why we fought with the snatchers… it’s all because of err… all because of y-you. Yes, it’s because of you!” Chanyeol pointed a long skinny finger at his puzzled sister. “M-Me?”

 

“Yes you! You forbade the Elves from fighting with the Alliance in Fire Nation. You knew we were good enough to fight even though Zökr has a bloody dragon. Yet you deprived us of the chance to bust out our fancy fighting skills… so I had to turn to the next best option- kicking snatchers’ asses.” Chanyeol blurted out frustratedly.

 

Yura let out a huge sigh at the mention of this. “You know why I gave that order Yeol-ah… The Pool of Tranquility has given us the answer. I saw the outcome, and it’s not a good one either. There is no point for me to risk the lives of even more elves!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter