Prologue

The Last Avatar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Legend has it that there remain five. Ever since Draken met its untimely demise, gone were the days when the mighty beasts ruled the skies of the seven nations. There used to be the Air, Water, Fire, Earth, Light, Shadow and Middle nation. There was peace and a fair and just ruling party that governed the citizens of the world: the Invincibles.

 

The Invincibles were a group of elder dragonriders who fought for peace throughout the lands. And the era of the dragonriders was an optimistic and hopeful one that heralded a very much prosperous future for all. However, as the saying goes “all good things come to an end”. It was the evil and manipulative Elder Zökr that led to the downfall of the greatest species on Earth.

 

In his pursuit for ultimate solitary power, Zökr and his black dragon Kyrûller slayed the remaining Invincibles in the Battle of the Riders and killed those that refused to join his cause to conquer the seven nations, riders and dragons alike. Such evil was within him that even his close group of supporters known as the Guard was rid of their dragons, for there should be no other dragons in the world apart for his own mighty Kyrûller. The Guard now roams the lands as servants of the great leader Zökr, the latter controlling the citizens and bringing about a dawn of misery for all from his new headquarters in the Middle Nation. Why the Middle Nation and not the others you may ask. Well, each nation has an important asset and the Middle Nation, though most of its people were regular humans with no magical backgrounds, was blessed with the natural resource of iron ores. Iron was important to make weapons of mass destruction to conquer the rest of the nations as it is a well-known bane of everything magical. Also, most of the inhabitants of the Middle Nation as aforementioned were non-magical humans, they simply were made to be ruled and who better to rule over the masses than Zökr and his evil minions?

 

Of course the other nations tried to interfere. But not even the elves of the Earth Nation nor the mighty royals of the influential Air and Water Nation, had the power to storm the fortress that Zökr has already created in the Middle Nation. There was only one being left that could tip the fate of humanity against the evil lord and that was the Avatar Rei.

 

The Avatar, or the child of Death himself, was much feared amongst the masses for he possessed unimaginable power that could wipe out the world with a simple flick of his fingers, if he deemed fit. No one knew where the Avatar stood on the balancing scale of good and evil, but if legends of the previous avatars were to be believed, no good was to result if one were to meet the death child. Avatar Rei was like his many predecessors in many ways but unlike those before him, Avatar Rei allied himself with the Invincibles. He was the first “good” avatar that fought for peace instead of chaos.

 

But what puzzled Zökr was the absence of the Avatar Rei and his golden dragon Draken during the Battle of the Riders. It was an easy feat defeating the rest of the elders without the protection of the death child. But why didn’t the one who swore to protect the peace fight alongside the good against him? It was only when rumors (through the grapevine) of surviving dragon eggs, were made known to him, that it became clear: there were others. Surely Avatar Rei took it upon himself to secure the remaining eggs during the battle. Draken and the surviving eggs could very well end his reign of power and revive a new era of the dragonriders, and so the evil lord scoured the lands with the aim of killing those dragons before they could even be born.

 

And it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter