Let Me Love You

The Last Avatar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Yay! It's been two months since i've started this fic. Just wanted to say thanks for all your support ^^ Do enjoy this chapter...they're finally going to break Tao out! Part 1 of prison break ^^

 

Kyungsoo stalked back to the castle after a trip to the borders to fix the mountain passageway. Apparently, the work was too tough for the Elves to handle and Lady Yura had to ask for a favor from Midnight to help lift some heavy boulders. He had barely stepped foot into the dining hall where he was told the boys were, when he was ambushed by his tall, thin best friend. “Kyungie…” Sehun wrapped his arms around the other in a tight hug, as he nestled his head against Kyungsoo. The latter stood completely still, not yet comprehending what Sehun was doing.

 

Heavy stomping could be heard as Kai appeared in front of the pair of best friends with the other boys in tow. “Get away from Kyungsoo this instant!” Kai demanded, stomping his foot for emphasis. “NO!” Sehun stuck his tongue out at Kai as he wrapped his body even tighter against Kyungsoo. Kai whined and complained to Chanyeol, “But he’s mine hyung…” Chanyeol patted the younger’s arm before turning to Kyungsoo, eyeing him to fix this.

 

Kyungsoo sighed before wriggling free from Sehun. “Yay!” Kai cheered as he hung onto Kyungsoo’s side. “You must be hungry Soo. Come I’ll get food for you…” Kai dragged the boy to a nearby long table. The remaining boys who left the couple alone in the dining hall pulled a reluctant Sehun away. They made for the outdoors as they saw Elves scrambling around to restore fallen buildings and whatnot.

 

“Is there anything we can help with?” Chanyeol asked Lady Yura who was supervising the reconstruction of the town hall. “Oh erm… not really. We’re almost done! Why don’t you guys go find the dragons?” Yura shooed them away as she barked out instructions. “So… Where are the dragons?” Chen questioned. Where are you Whisper? Luhan thought. Barely a second later, Whisper replied. We’re at the open clearing near the border Lu. Luhan signed out the information to Baekhyun who translated it to Chanyeol. “Ahhhh… I know where! Follow me!” The Elf beckoned.

 

As they approached the dragons, Yifan slowly slipped to the back of the group, as he was still a little apprehensive at meeting the beasts. The blue dragon was way bigger than Hunter and the other white one, wasn’t too far off Hunter’s size. Sehun smirked as he dragged Yifan to the front. “Meet the dragons Yifan! This is Midnight-” Sehun pointed to the big blue dragon, “-He’s Kyungsoo’s dragon. And that’s Whisper, Luhan’s dragon… Whisper’s barely a week old.” Yifan gulped as he faced the dragons. “This is Prince Yifan of Fire Nation. Kyungsoo said he’s with us now.” Sehun addressed both Midnight and Whisper.

 

Yifan bowed his head, “It’s an honor to meet you Master Dragons.” They weren’t too fond of fire-benders but since Kyungsoo approved of Yifan, they didn’t even question the Avatar’s judgment. Midnight and Whisper inclined their necks in response. Suddenly, Kai and Kyungsoo popped up beside Midnight. “You can teleport…” Yifan stared at Kai who winked back. “I see you’ve met our dragons Yifan… Why not tell us about Zitao and Hunter?” Kyungsoo plopped down onto a fallen log.

 

The rest slouched to the ground as Yifan told them tales of Fire and Middle Nation. “Well, I’ve known Tao since he was four… we’ve always been together. And then when Tao found the dragon egg, we tried to hide it but Zökr came soon after for him. He’s a seer… very valuable power for the dark lord. Zökr took him back to Middle Nation forcefully and I went to him voluntarily.”

 

“How long were you two under Zökr?” Baekhyun spoke up. His reply of “ten years” drew a collective gasp from the group. “And now that I’m out of that hellhole… Tao’s still stuck back there. I know Zökr’s punishing him right now. He failed to bring back the Avatar… I bet he’s suffering now.” Yifan whispered. The clearing fell into silence; none of the boys knew what to say to comfort him.

 

Later on in the early evening, all the boys had separated to do their own stuff. Sehun wasn’t keen on being the third-wheel, and so he left Kai and Kyungsoo alone in the former’s room and left to roam the grounds. He saw Luhan heading towards Kai’s meadow and decided to follow the twin. The twin was staring off into the distance, deep in thought, when Sehun softly settled beside him so as to not startle Luhan. Luhan turned to face him and fought back a smile that threatened to emerge.

 

Picking up a small rock, Sehun proceeded to write ‘what are you thinking about Luhan?’ on the ground. The twin stared at the words and hesitated for a while before taking the rock out of the younger’s hand. ‘I’m thinking about Yifan and Zitao.” Sehun eyebrows furrowed, ‘Why?’ Luhan sighed before looking over with a sad smile. ‘Love. Love can break us.’ Sehun tried to clasp Luhan’s hand in his, but the older wormed his way out of his hold. ‘Do you want to know why I can’t speak?’ Sehun eyes widened as he turned to look at Luhan who was staring at him coldly. ‘It’s ok if you can’t tell me. I can wait…’ Luhan shook his head, ‘I want to tell you… Do you know what’s my worst fear Sehun?’ At the boy’s silence, Luhan proceeded to write ‘it’s love, Sehun. My mother… when I was five… I saw my mother die right in front of me. They killed her… just like that. My mother promised to be with us forever… to love us and care for Baekhyun and I… She sacrificed herself to keep us safe. Her love was what killed her. I was the cause of her death. I shut myself away from people after her death… I couldn’t speak after the incident. You can say it was post-traumatic shock… or you’ll know it for the truth. The truth is I can’t bring myself to love another person and allow them to love me back. I don’t want to feel pain and for them to suffer too.’ Luhan buried his head into his arms.

 

Sehun stared back at the other with teary eyes. He didn’t expect that, to say the least. “Look at me Luhan.” Sehun pulled Luhan up. He spoke and Luhan read his lips. “Your mother loved you Luhan. She still loves you even after her death. Her death was not your fault! Love does not only bring pain, it brings happiness more than ever.” Luhan shook his head and faced down but Sehun lifted the other’s head again. “We love you Luhan. Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, the other guys and I. You’re our family… You think we don’t care for you? That we don’t love you? You’re wrong! You might have shut yourself away from us by refusing to speak, but we will never stop loving you.” Sehun wiped the tear that sprung from his own eyes.

 

Luhan stared back wordlessly. “You’re deaf and mute and you’re also blind hyung. You can’t see that Baekhyun is always worried about you not speaking because he loves you. You see but don’t believe that Kyungsoo and Kai love each other. You can’t see what’s between Yifan and Zitao. You can’t see that we all love and care for you. I mean what’s not to love… you’re Luhan. Strong, independent and beautiful… Just because you don’t believe in love anymore, doesn’t discount the fact that I LOVE YOU TOO!” Sehun yelled. Luhan stared back, now in shock more than in tears.

 

“You deserve love hyung… I hope you let me show you.” Sehun whispered and with that, the boy turned and sped away. Luhan broke down and sobbed by himself. You can’t love me Sehun. I don’t want you to die.

 

Sehun burst into the room causing Kai and Kyungsoo to spring apart from each other. Kai wanted to curse Sehun for interrupting their precious alone time, but one look at the distraught boy had Kai frowning. This was a side of Sehun that he was unfamiliar with. Kyungsoo jumped up and ran towards Sehun, engulfing him in a comforting hug. “Kyungie…” Sehun sobbed. “What’s wrong Hunnie? Don’t cry… you’re scaring me. Tell me what’s wrong.” Kyungsoo patted his back to calm him down. Kai settled beside the pair and ran his palm in circles on Sehun’s lower back, “What’s wrong Sehun?”

 

“Luhan.” That was all he said as Kai and Kyungsoo exchanged glances. “What’s wrong with Luhan, Hunnie?” Sehun sniffed loudly, “I think I love Luhan.” Kyungsoo chuckled, “Told you I was right…” “We’ve always known that you had special feelings for him, Sehun. It’s pretty obvious you know.” Kai ruffled the youngest’s hair. “B-But… Luhan. He doesn’t believe in love… he doesn’t think we should love him, and that I love him.” Sehun choked on more tears that came. “He can’t speak cause he saw his mother die. She died while sacrificing her life for theirs. He thinks love brings about death and pain and so he doesn’t speak so as to shut people out. He won’t let me love him…” Kyungsoo and Kai’s eyes widened at this piece of information.

 

“Luhan’s scared Hunnie... He’s scared to fall in love with you. He’s afraid that you’ll die too and that’s why he’s protecting himself from the potential hurt he’ll feel.” Kyungsoo explained. “You need to change his perception that love brings about heartbreak… Love is beautiful and it transcends all the risk and danger in the world. Love is worth it. Cure his fear of love, Sehun.” Kai said and hugged the two boys. “But what if after all I do, Luhan still won’t accept me?” Sehun peered up at Kyungsoo who chuckled, “You’re the Sehun. The most obstinate boy I’ve ever met. Persistence is your middle name kid. Luhan will accept you.” Kyungsoo spoke confidently and Sehun nodded determinedly.

 

At dinner, Kyungsoo, Kai and Sehun entered the dining hall where everyone had gathered. Luhan tried to shuffle his body nearer to Baekhyun to avoid Sehun when they entered. Kai and Kyungsoo raised their brows and prodded Sehun forward. The boy then stubbornly forced his way down between Luhan and Baekhyun. “What the bacon!” Baekhyun choked on his drink and turned around to shout at Sehun, “GET YOUR OWN SEA- mmpfh” Apparently, Kai and Kyungsoo had stuffed the younger twin’s mouth and forced him off his seat. “Shut up and follow us if you don’t want us to tell Chanyeol that you secretly stalk him to the bathroom to gawk at his body while he’s bathing…” Kyungsoo hissed into Baekhyun’s ear threateningly. Baekhyun’s eyes widened and he nodded compliantly. Kai and Kyungsoo then proceeded to drag him to another table. Sehun smiled gratefully at his love angels as Kai saluted back.

 

Sehun glared at the remaining boys at their table. One by one, they got the message and left to join the other three at their table. An oblivious Chanyeol had to be dragged away by Chen. And that left a confused Luhan and determined Sehun. “Wait here while I get the food hyung.” Sehun stared until Luhan gave in and nodded. The rest of the boys watched as Sehun returned with a wide array of cuisine, before trying to force-feed Luhan who was stubbornly refusing to be fed like a kid. “Try the soup hyung.” Sehun shoved a gooey delight in his face. Luhan glared and turned away, but that did not bother Sehun at all. “Forget the soup… try this steak instead.” The boy cut a generous serving before offering it to the older, “Ahhhh…” Luhan rolled his eyes and started on the rice himself.

 

A table away, six boys had long abandoned their food and were instead spying on the two. “What is he doing?” Chen frowned when Sehun tried forcing a biscuit into

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter