Dawn of a New Era

The Last Avatar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyungsoo slowly stirred from his slumber and fluttered his eyes open. The room was still dark, only the first few rays of early dawn sunlight filtered through the half-open glass window. Curious eyes swept across the room, and in his half-awake state, Kyungsoo made out that they had arrived back at the Elves’ Woods. He nuzzled deeper into the warmth provided by the body that had him locked in an embrace. Nothing beats snuggling with his cuddly boyfriend. My Jongin. Kyungsoo smiled and pecked the sleeping boy once on the lips. The younger’s lips twitched and his brows furrowed at the thought of having his deep sleep disrupted.

 

 

Kyungsoo was lying on top of Kai, with the latter’s protective arms and legs wrapped around him like a koala to a eucalyptus tree. How long have I been sleeping? The last thing he remembered was killing Zökr back near Razgard, before fainting as Kai’s worried voice yelled out to him. I must have used too much energy that my body shut down after I killed Zökr. Saying it again, brought a smile to Kyungsoo’s face. Zökr is dead… The evil lord is dead… Would this be the dawn of a new era where the seven nations can revel in peace? Kyungsoo hummed and continued peppering his boyfriend’s face and neck with kisses. Soon, the other was drawn out from his sleep and he peeked open an eye. “Soo?” Kai uttered croakily. When he was greeted with Kyungsoo’s beaming face, Kai’s eyes flew open and he hugged the smaller even tighter in his embrace. This time, he was the one that was kissing all over Kyungsoo’s face as the other giggled and feasted on his boyfriend’s affection.

 

 

“I missed you so much, Soo. You have no idea…” Kai murmured into his ear. Kyungsoo hummed, “How long was I asleep?” Kai contemplated for a while before answering, “Around twelve days? I’ve never left your side…” Kai pecked him on the lips again. “No wonder you stink!” Kyungsoo sniggered. Kai gave an affronted “Hey!” before discretely smelling himself. The younger was pouting so cutely that Kyungsoo laughed out heartily. “I was kidding, Jongin. Anyways, I’ll still love you even if you’re rolling around in dragon poo haha.” The younger seemed contented at his statement. “Well, now that you’re awake… Sehun’s probably going to jump on you the first thing you step out of the room. Your best friend has been hovering over us these past days; it’s getting kind of annoying. Better ask Luhan to put a leash on his boyfriend. You’re mine and only mine, Soo. So that windmill should back off!” Kai huffed in frustration and jealousy.

 

 

Just then, the noise of hurried pounding on the door reverberated around the room before they were flung open and to reveal whom else but Sehun. “Hunnie!” Kyungsoo chirped from atop Kai, punching the latter lightly in the arm when the latter groaned and mumbled about overbearing windmills. Sehun’s whole face lit up when after close to twelve days of waiting, his best friend finally woke up. “KYUNGIEEEEEEE~ OH MY GOD YOU’RE FINALLY AWAKE…” Sehun sprinted the length of the room to Kyungsoo’s side and grabbed onto an arm, trying to pull him out from Kai’s unyielding hug so that he could smother him in one himself. “RELEASE HIM, KAI!” Sehun huffed and a bead of sweat rolled down his face. “NEVER!” Kai screamed and rolled Kyungsoo over so that Kai was now between him and Sehun, back-facing the best friend. Sehun stomped his feet in frustration and tried to wriggle Kyungsoo out again. “SOO IS MINE! GET YOUR OWN… LUHANNNNNN!” Kai screeched. “Luhan can’t hear you idiot!” Kyungsoo whispered into Kai’s ear. “Oh right. YEOLLIE… BAEKHYUN! ANYONE… BRING LUHAN TO ME!!!” They heard a distant crash (it sounded suspiciously like a giant elf falling out of bed) before hurried footsteps sounded down the hall.

 

 

Luhan came running in after a short moment transpired, closely followed by a wide-eyed Chanyeol and an annoyed-looking younger twin. “W-WHAT? Where’s the fire?” Luhan looked around with a crazed look, the older boy was still half-awake and in his pajamas to boot. “Hi Lulu!” Kyungsoo’s face was mushed into Kai’s chest, though he did try to give the older twin an enthusiastic wave. “Oh! You’re awake, Kyungie! Thank god.” Luhan leaned across Kai to ruffle the boy’s hair, inciting a low growl from said jealous boyfriend. “Why were you guys screaming my name?” Luhan frowned. “It’s barely passed seven in the morning. Give me one good reason, besides Kyungsoo being awake of course, to not murder someone now.” Baekhyun grumbled as he and Chanyeol reached over to ruffle the boy’s hair. “WHY IS EVERYONE TOUCHING MY KYUNGSOO? HANDS OFF YOU IDIOTS!” Kai glared at the four boys. “Kai won’t let Kyungsoo hug me!” Sehun whined at Luhan. The older twin blinked expressionlessly whilst the younger twin looked like he was about to erupt and unleash the fury of Satan on Sehun. Chanyeol had to put a restraining arm on him to prevent Baekhyun from killing Sehun right then and there.

 

 

“Okay… that’s enough. If you don’t let go of me now Kai no more hugs and kisses for the rest of the day.” Kyungsoo threatened. Immediately, his boyfriends flinched and practically flung himself off the bed. Kyungsoo got up from the bed and patted his cute pouting boyfriend before reaching out to give Sehun a hug, which the other received proudly whilst smirking at Kai. Kai was still glaring at Sehun after Kyungsoo was done with giving everyone else a warm hug. “Kyungie!” Everyone turned and watched as Minseok run towards Kyungsoo and leaped for a hug. The rest of the boys walked into the room after.

 

 

“Kai, you should probably go check on Indigo, she’s been looking for you all week and yet you hole yourself in Kyungsoo’s room. She misses you…” Tao stared at Kai. “Who’s Indigo?” Kyungsoo asked. Kai exchanged smiles with everyone, leaving Kyungsoo pouting in silence for not knowing what it was that the rest knew. “What?!” Kyungsoo punched his boyfriend in the ribs. “How about I show you, Soo?” Kai grimaced and tucked his boyfriend under his arms, before walking him out of the room. “You’re going to love her.” Kai beamed at Kyungsoo.

 

 

Midnight landed right in front of his owner the moment the two boys stepped out into the outdoors. Soo! I’ve been so worried… you have no idea how glad I am that you’re finally awake! Midnight nestled into his rider’s outstretched arms. “Sorry for worrying you, Midnight.” Kyungsoo sighed. “Soo…” Kai backhugged Kyungsoo and turned his body away from Midnight, “This is Indigo.” Kyungsoo gasped when a large unknown indigo-colored dragon came up to them. “She’s my dragon…” He whispered into the shorter’s ear. “SHE?” Kyungsoo whirled around with wide eyes. “You’re a female?” Kyungsoo turn and regarded Indigo. The dragon reached out to his rider via their bond. Is this Kyungsoo? Kai nodded, “Yup… this is my Kyungsoo-” Both dragons and Kyungsoo rolled their eyes at that, “-Oh! He’s also the Avatar… so you should probably pay some respect.” Kai smiled sheepishly.

 

 

Indigo nodded and bowed to Kyungsoo before nudging his chest affectionately. Kyungsoo smiled and patted the dragon’s head. “Jongin… Call the others here. There’s something I have to say to everyone.” Kai eyed Kyungsoo curiously before nodding, “Yura too?” Kyungsoo nodded, “It’s important.” Kai pecked Kyungsoo’s cheek before teleporting away to gather everyone. Kai popped back with a few boys every few seconds, before finally returning with Lady Yura and General Yoo. The five dragons had also gathered around Kyungsoo. “Kai, do you remember where you put Heria’s book of records and the scroll we found at the Witch’s lair?” Kai’s eyes beamed in understanding, “It’s about Razgard right?” Kyungsoo nodded and Kai teleported away, before returning a few seconds later.

 

 

“What’s this about Kyungsoo?” Lady Yura asked. “Yeah, what about Razgard?” Sehun scratched his head. Kyungsoo unfurled the scroll and read it out to everyone, “I have done what you’ve told me to do. They have been hidden and no one apart from her, who possesses the key to the dragon’s revival, will be able to find them. They lie in The Hidden Vortex, deep in the heart of this mountain, where the ghosts of tomorrow’s past will remain, lost to mankind until the right one appears to bring light for their future. Signed, Heria the Last Witch.” He looked up to meet curious eyes. “You think Indigo is the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter