09 V: Reunited

Kpop-Imagines (Requests Open~)

//Requested by Gwendolen on quotev // hope you enjoy this one is exceptionally long until i had to cut short the ending i got carried away with the plot! XOXO~ Keep requesting 😘💕💕💕💞💞💞

Gwendolen:

My phone buzzed and I picked it up to see an incoming call from my boyfriend, Chanyeol "hello channie?" I put the phone to my ear and answered the call "hey babe, meet me at our coffee shop okay?" I smiled at the sound of his voice "now?" "yep I'm already on my way there" I nodded and hung up the phone after we bid our goodbyes. I was always excited whenever I'm meeting him, he makes me feel special and loved that's why I love him because I know he will always love me and care for me. I took my mint coloured clutch off the dresser and put my things in it before closing it and carrying it with me to the coffee shop. I pushed the door open then looking around to see Chanyeol already there, sitting at the seat nearest to the window waiting for me and started waving as soon as he saw me with his bright smile forming on his face. Excited, I waved back and didn't look at where I was going and bumped into someone.

The boy that I bumped into fell and split his coffee as I gasped feeling an overwhelming sense of guilt. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" I squatted down to help him up "ahh it's alright" I fumbled through my bag and took out some tissues and started wiping the coffee off his now stained white supreme shirt "I'm so sorry, I ruined your shirt" I haven't looked at the boy yet because I was focused on getting the stain off and hoping he wouldn't get angry with me, as I was wiping I saw the boy look up at me. I was puzzled why he was quiet, he should at least be angry or upset, this shirt wasn't cheap. "Gwen?" I stopped wiping. This voice, why does it sound so familiar... I turned around and saw "Taehyungie?" "Oh my god Gwen, it's you! I never thought I would every meet you again!" Taehyung hugged me tightly and I returned the hug "Tae, I can't believe that it's really you!" tears brimmed in my eyes. The last time I ever saw him was at his driveway right outside his house.

-Flashback-

"Where are you going tae? Are you leaving Korea?" I looked at him worried when he told me he was moving away "no I'm not Gwen I'm just moving, not to another country so don't worry so much" he laughed and ruffled my hair lightly. I didn't want to let go of him and I didn't want him to leave because if I let go of him now, I wouldn't be able to see him or find him ever again. Thankfully I caught him just in time, his family were putting their boxes of belongings into the moving truck and then they were going to move home, Taehyung never mentioned anything about moving and if I didn't come to look for him I would have lost him forever without knowing where he went or what even happened to him. "Why didn't you tell me any of this?" "I'm sorry Gwen but I know it will be extremely hard for the both of us to let go so I didn't want to make you sad" the both of us were inseparable we relied on each other constantly, like twins we couldn't go on a day without each other but I never knew we could go on a day without each other till that day. Or maybe it was just on my part, as we got older my feelings for him grew more and more.

"Sorry Gwen I have to go now..." he tried to pull away to go into the car but I grabbed onto him harder "Gwen..." "Don't go Tae, you can't leave me all alone here just like that!" I cried "Kim Taehyung! Hurry and get into the car, the truck is leaving soon!" I heard his dad yell and I shook my head in denial "give me five minutes dad!" he shouted back in reply. "Gwen I promise I will come back, I will come back to look for you I promise!" "I've learnt not to trust you anymore Tae, you said the same thing for my birthday presents but until now you haven't delivered your promise to me" "Gwen," he held both my hands and my heart raced abnormally "we'll find each other again and we'll be inseparable once more." I continued to shake my head unwilling to accept this hard truth, it was hard for me how was I supposed to let the one I loved go, knowing that we will never find each other again. He kissed my forehead and let a tear drip onto my forehead "I cross my heart Gwen, I will find my way back to you" my tears fell endlessly as he took my hands away from his and ran into the car. "Taehyung!" I ran after their car and found myself trailing far behind "Don't go!" I fell onto my knees "I love you..." my confession was left unheard as I cried then I saw that he left something in my hands before running off, a ring that had the initials 'T+G' craved inside as I held that to my heart, treasuring this last reminding item that is left of him.

-Flashback Ended-

"It's you it's really you I can't believe it's you" I said once more then let the tears fall after that memory of me running after his car flashed through my mind. We both pulled away from the hug and he used his thumb to wipe the tears that fell "I can't believe it as well Gwen, there's so much that has happened and there's so much I need to tell you. I've been looking for you for so long, why did you move Gwen? It made it so hard for me to find you" his tears fell as well and I reached out to wipe it away as he did for me. At this moment, all the years spent forgetting him and moving on had vanished. All the feelings I've had for him rushed back and my heart ached at the thought of not having him in my life for so long. "V! We're late, the manager is getting angry" I heard another voice say "Ok wait Jimin, I've found the person that I was looking for" I smiled, touched that he looked for me "oh is this her? Okay I'll stall so time for you but 2 minutes that's it okay?" he nodded his eyes not leaving mine.

"Don't cry now, we've found each other and that's the important part right?" I nodded "but it's you right? This isn't a dream is it?" I reached out to pinch his squishy cheeks "Oww Gwen... It's not a dream it's really me! And that hurts" he rubbed his cheek and I laughed as he pouted. "Taehyung!" Jimin I presumed shouted again "just give her your number!" another voice said as they walked over "hi I'm Jungkook! It's nice to finally meet the girl V hyung has always been talking about, Gwen right?" I nodded and looked at Taehyung "V?" I mouthed puzzled "Oh that's my stage name" he rubbed the back of his nape "Hi! I'm jimin! Oh you're really pretty, prettier than how V described you" I blushed. "Anyways hyung just give her your number and you two can arrange a date not today, we have a photo shoot for vogue magazine!" we both shy and stared at each other so Jungkook took the phone out of my hands and chuckled as he typed some things into my phone then handed it back to me. "This is V hyung's number! Call him!" he chuckled and did a phone sign as he pulled V away "Byeeee!!! See you soon Gwen!" both Jungkook and Jimin said cutting our meeting short "wait Jungkook-ah I need to-" I heard V pleading him then got cut off "no time hyung let's go!"

I smiled and got up as I put my phone back into my clutch. I walked over to where Chanyeol was sitting, feeling a little bad for making him wait for me "hey you" I sat down opposite him "who are they? Do you know them?" "erm well he was my long lost best friend" "ohhhhhh that best friend..." his toned changed from curious to disappointment. Remembered when I said in those years I've been trying to forget him and tried to get over him, I met Chanyeol and he was the one who helped me get over him. Everyday we would sit in this coffeeshop and he would listen to my stories about Taehyung, he told me that Taehyung didn't deserve me and that he didn't love me if not he wouldn't leave me that easily. Slowly, I started to fall for Chanyeol because he cared so much for me, one day he confessed to me and we started to go out then I forgot about Taehyung who meant the world to me, Chanyeol slowly replaced him but there were times when I broke down and cried for him because I missed him so much so it was normal that he thought like that.

"Channie... it's not like that, I'm over him already because I have you now. You're the one I love" I held both his hands that were resting on the table then I saw his face change back to his happy virus face "are you sure?" I nodded and then the waitress came and served us our drinks "but we haven't ordered yet" I looked at Chanyeol and he grinned "I ordered for you, caramel Frappuccino, your favourite" I smiled realising how much he knew about me. But the waitress pushed my head with her elbow as she served us, I looked at her but she didn't even apologise I let it go because maybe she didn't mean to she probably might not even know that she did it. I shook it off and brought my focus back to Chanyeol. "Anyway, Channie are you okay? There are some days where you seem totally off, you wouldn't answer my calls or reply my messages then the next day you were back to your normal happy virus self, I'm worried..." he then chuckled "you know how I am, always busy remember that I'm a trainee at SM? I have late practices so I'm sorry I wasn't there to be with you" he intertwined our fingers and kissed them. "You know what to do to make a girl melt don't you" I pinched his cheeks and we walked around before going home.

I got home and laid down on my bed tired with my mind all jumbled up because of Taehyung, what was I supposed to do now. I hit myself on the head with my fists "No, Gwen NO! You have Channie now, you can't go back to thinking about Tae..." then I message came in, sending vibrations to the entire bed causing me to jump. It was from Taehyung, I laughed at the name Jungkook set on my phone 'My Taetae <3' I blushed and opened the message "Hey Gwen wanna meet up tomorrow? I still can't believe it's you! Was it really you I met today? You look really pretty I forgot to tell you that just now :)" I smiled but hesitated to reply, should I meet him but if Chanyeol knew about it, he would be furious. Chanyeol hated it that I still had hopes of meeting him, of hoping he will still look for me and I felt bad but this was the only thing that I couldn't change. "Sure! The playground at 2, and you look rather handsome yourself hehe" my hands acted on their own and pressed send. "Oh no! Come back! Don't send!" I yelled. What did I do... I can't let him find out about this, if he did it will be the end for me, I just wanted to have a friendly meet up with Taehyung right? Yes I was just going to ask him how was life! Exactly, no harm in that! "The old play-ground? Can't wait to see you again Gwen" I smiled and locked my phone.

The next day, I got up very early just to get ready then as I left the room I put on the ring that Taehyung gave me, this was the only other thing I kept from Chanyeol this is what was left of my best friend when he left and I know Chanyeol would make me get rid of it and I absolutely couldn't part with it, it was the only thing that kept me going and I've always worn this ring so it was like Tae was here with me. I reached the old play-ground, it was where me and Tae always went to when we were kids after school before our parents picked us up from school so this place brought back a lot of memories. But as I walked to the swings I saw that somebody was already there pacing back and forth I could hear him say "oh my gosh what do I say..." "hi gwen? No erm Hey Gwen long time no see? No that doesn't work..." I chuckled and stepped forward to tap him on the shoulder "hey" he jumped back "oh Gwen hi... I didn't see you there" he scratched his head and smiled. "Erm here..." he handed me a sunflower "oh it's so pretty thanks tae" I shyly took it from him and we sat on the swings "it's been a long time hasn't it?" we kicked back and forth swinging lightly. "I saw that you were with a guy that day in the coffee shop" he kicked the ground "you saw him huh" he nodded "is he your boyfriend?" I bit my bottom lip and nodded my head "how long have you two been together?" Taehyung was shooting with me questions and I knew we were both uncomfortable "a year and a half, why not you tell me about your love life, met anyone nice?" I grinned at him hoping that he would say no.

"Well... there's this girl I liked, I wanted to confess to her but I found out that she already had a boyfriend so..." he sulked looking to the floor. I was confused, could he be talking about me or was it someone else "well don't be sad, I'm sure if you keep chasing her she'll come to like you tae" "but I'm not sure if she feels the same, she looks happier without me" "I'm pretty sure she's been missing you" he looked to me "I missed you too Gwen". I turned to him shocked with his words "Gwen, I-I-I I like you, even before I left you that's why it was so hard for me to leave but I needed to..." "you don't have to explain it to me Tae" "but I want to, please just listen to me" I nodded my head and looked him in the eyes. "Gwen, my mum she had cancer and we have the money so we sold our house to pay for her medical bills while we stayed with our relatives in Busan. Gwen I never meant to leave you, I had to... but now she's gone I-I-I..." "Tae..." I stood up from my swing and kneeled in front of him as I brought him into a hug "It's okay now... I'm here for you". After he cooled down I took a deep breath in "I've always liked you too Taehyung-ah but now, I have Chanyeol and I can't just leave him like but I want to let you know that I still feel the same way and I always will but I hope you understand that now, it's not possible." He nodded sadly "I get it Gwen, but to let you know I'm not going to give up on you. Now I guess we'll just be friends?" "I guess..."

Since that day, we have been meeting up every two days since 'My taetae' has schedules I was proud that he has achieved his dreams I remember that when we were kids he would hold the hair brush as a microphone and wear his dad's shades and jump on the sofa pretending to be a singer and forced me to watch. I felt like the more I met up with Taehyung the lesser I met up with Chanyeol. I told Taehyung about it, but he reassured me that it was due to intense practices, as much as I wanted to believe him I just knew something was off it was impossible that Taehyung was able to make time for his friend but Chanyeol wasn't able to make time for his girlfriend. We were walking down in Hongdae as Taehyung kept looking at all the street food while my mind wondered off. "Look away" Taehyung pulled me towards him to have my back face the main street "why? Is there someone there?" I asked still clueless "your boyfriend with..." he gulped "another girl" my eyes opened wide and turned around.

I was just standing there and saw Chanyeol walking with another girl with his hands around her waist, my eyes immediately started to tear and soon I couldn't control them from flowing out. Taehyung put his hands on my shoulders "It's okay I'll be here for you Gwen, all the way" They were both laughing and giggling with each other, she rested her head on his broad shoulders as he pinched her cheeks... wait she looks familiar. She's that waitress from the coffee shop that pushed my head, everything started to make sense. When I got there I felt something was off the seat was warm meant that someone was here before me I shook it off because maybe it was the customers before but now that I thought about it, Chanyeol had reached the coffee shop early. He was always ignoring me or saying that he had practices or dinner with the boys but I was close friends with Baekhyun who was the closest to him, he always told me about how excited he was to go out with his date. Now that I put it together, there were so many signs that he was cheating on me, I was hurt not that he lied to me straight in eyes without guilt but I think more to the fact that he was happier with her than he was with me.

They only noticed me as they got nearer, I couldn't accept it, this couldn't possibly be happening to me but my heart dropped when I saw Chanyeol notice me and stop in his tracks. He was speechless and he started to approach me slowly "Gwen it's not what this looks like" he reached out to hold my hands "don't touch me!" I spat out with all the remaining strength that I had left "Gwen..." tears were forming in his eyes as well "she means nothing to me, you do... Gwen I-" "how could you do this to me, I trusted you, I told you everything and I can't believe this" I felt my knees weaken and almost falling to the ground "I know it seems like I've betrayed your trust but believe me Gwen, I really do love you I care about you" Chanyeol reached out to catch me "stop lying, stop lying right into my eyes you don't even blink when you lie that's how scary you are" I moved back away from him but this time my knees gave way and into Taehyung's arms. "You okay?" he looked at me with caring eyes that were trembling and filled with worry, I took one more glance at his face before I passed out.

I woke up and saw Taehyung and Chanyeol staring at me "you're awake" I heard them say in unison I was in my room covered with three blankets, "what is he doing here I don't want to see you" my tears were flowing again "Gwen please..." "I think I'll give you two time to talk" Taehyung said as he left "no tae, stay." Then came back in after hearing what I said. "There's nothing to say, you cheated and that's that." I didn't know what I was supposed to say, my heart was already hurting as it is. "Fine, I was trying to save what we have but I guess you rather be with your first love..." Chanyeol's expression changed, he was scary his happy virus smiled disappeared and was replaced by an angry stare "in fact the truth is, I hated it when all you ever talked about was him and only him, you never noticed me. I was the one that comforted you all the way, listening to everything you had to say about him. Did you ever spare a thought for my feelings, I was hurt to hear how much that man meant to you even though we were already together I was there to fill his gap but you never let me in," he burst into tears "Chanyeol I, I didn't know..." "Yeah you didn't, you never think about me because you only filled your thoughts and your heart with him." "Channie..." "Don't call me that, you know what i'm much happier when i'm with her she doesn't think about someone else when i'm with her i can't believe i didn't leave you for her, it's time i did" he smirked "i wanted to say i'm sorry but i think you don't deserve it no matter what you cheated on me instead of talking to me." i covered myself under my blankets as Chanyeol stormed away.

"He's gone" I heard Taehyung whisper then shaking me, i lifted my blankets and then he wrapped his arms around me with his hands around my waist. "At least you found out what a jerk he really is before you guys got married" he joked and i chuckled still with a sad heart. "but did you really always think about me? like he said?" i nodded shyly "everything reminded me of you because we did everything together" Taehyung looked at me with his soft gaze staring deeply into my eyes. I was captivated by the softness in his eyes as he started to lean in pulling my body closer to his, my heart skipped a beat when his soft pair of lips met mine.

I found my arms creeping up to wrap themselves around his neck as we both closed our eyes, enjoying the sweet kiss we've been waiting for all these years. A tear ran down my face, this was the first time i actually felt happy, true happiness. The happiness of being reunited with the one i loved, the one i cared about, the one i yearned for. All these time i thought i was happy with Chanyeol because he seemed to be happy with me but that was all a lie, this is what happiness felt like. I tilted my head to the right to deepen the kiss we both felt out of breath but we didn't want to let go. Eventually we pulled away and i rested my head on his warm chest "honestly Gwen, i've been thinking about you day and night praying everyday that tomorrow will be the day i find you and i did, there's nothing more i could ever ask for." he leaned down to peck me on the lips once more "well you could always ask for more money and then buy me a house" i joked "hahahaha but i rather live on the streets begging for money if i had to live in a big house without you" he smiled cheekily as i pinched his cheeks.