19 BamBam: The Reason For Me

Kpop-Imagines (Requests Open~)

//Requested by ParkSiHyeon on wattpad// i hope you enjoy this little imagine~ 🙈🙈👌💫💞💕😚😘 i know it's a little short but i really hope that you like it :3 thank you for all the support i really appreciate it, XOXO~ much loveeee :D

 

Joice:

I sat down on the park bench and swung both my feet front and back as I took another look at my watch, “where was he?” I muffled under my breath and blew my fringe away from my face. “Joice!!!!” I heard a boy run towards me carrying a plastic bag with him “yah bambam what took you so long do you want to die?!” I pouted then folded my arms, “don’t be like that I got your favourite!” he grinned and swung the bag in front of my eyes “give me that” I snatched the plastic bag and opened it to see glorious and heavenly popsicle sticks “is this all for me?” i looked at him innocently “no, some of these are mine” he stuck out his tongue “meanie, anyway what do you want I have to get back to my job” I folded my legs onto the bench and unwrapped one of the popsicle and stuck it into my mouth as I crumpled the plastic wrapper in my hands. “what can’t I spend time with my childhood bestfriend?” he put an arm around me and hugged me, we knew each other since we were kids since our parents were best of friends as well and thus we got to meet each other pretty often. “Yah bambam I know you well, don’t lie to me I know when you buy me stuff I like means there’s bad news,” I pushed his arm off me then looked him in the eye but he avoided my gaze “come on tell me, you know you can tell me anything. I’m always here for you and you know that” I put my arm around him then rubbed his shoulders to urge him to tell me. “Joice…” he softly whispered “why did something bad happen at home? Did your mum threaten to kick you out for not doing your homework again?” I teased trying to lighten up at atmosphere but it didn’t work “come on bambam, keeping it to yourself won’t do you any good hmmmm? Why not share half of your burden with me? I ” “I-I’m going away… today…” he said not looking at me “what?” my hands fell in shock and my words started to slur “y-y-you… you’re going? Today? Where?” I was hoping it was just a vacation or something but turns out that I had hoped for too much. “Korea” “where now?” I said not believing my ears “why? How long?” “I’m going to be a trainee at JYP and I don’t know I guess for a really long time…” as he said those words, my pupils lost focus and my tears threatened to flow but I held it in. “Joice…” he turned to look at me worriedly because I didn’t respond “korea…” I mumbled my eyes staring in the distance as I thought of the old days where we would live so carefreely.

“Joice?” “what…” “you okay, talk to me” Bambam held my hand but I pulled it away “I need to get back to work” I stood up and threw away the popsicle that I didn’t even finish and bambam looked at me he was worried because I always finish my popsicles and he knew something was wrong. “I know you’re upset but can you just talk to me, don’t be like that Joice” he ran after me and held my arm “I need to get to work” I continued walking ignoring him. “Joice!” he yelled “What Bambam?! Just leave, just go and leave me here!” I turned back and shouted angrily before running away, I didn’t even know why I was so upset. I didn’t know what came over me, why was I feeling so angry over him leaving for Korea I knew that this is his dream and he has wanted this for a long time, honestly I saw this coming but I didn’t actually think that it would happen. I felt my legs carry me further from Bambam as the tears fell from my eyes, my legs kept on running and running until I reached the end of the park and my legs collapsed onto the grass. “Why?!” i screamed as I broke down in tears, my heart ached so badly and I didn’t know why I felt like that “today? This is absolutely absurd…” my pupils were trembling as I spoke, I clenched my fists in the grass thinking about what he told me, I couldn’t accept it I just couldn’t. He was leaving and he probably won’t even come back. Ever. I felt weak from all the crying so my weak body just laid there on the grass, I fell on my side where I just stared at everyone from afar, watching the kids running and laughing as they play catch “you can’t catch me blehhhh” a little girl stuck out her tongue at him and ran to hide in the bushes “get back here” he ran after her “we used to be like that…” my tears started to well up “bambam…” I breathed, letting my tears fall leaving a trail behind it. “I-I’m going away… today…” Bambam’s voice echoed through my mind and I sat right up, “no bambam I can’t let you leave like that” I pushed myself off the grass and flagged down a cab “airport please and can you please step on it I need to see someone before they board” I said flustered and the uncle nodded his head.

“Answer pabo” I redialed his number and put it to my ear “answer bambam answer” I cried as I paid and got out of the cab. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me, “where are you” I mumbled as I redialed his number on my phone once more. I didn’t realized that I had been lying on the grass for hours and it was almost midnight when I reached the airport, I pushed through the crowd and scanned around frantically for him, I was stupid. So stupid that I didn’t realize how I felt about him. “Sorry miss where is the boarding for the flight to seoul?” I ran to the information counter and asked the attendant in a hurry “one floor up, it’s leaving in 10 mins” “thank you” I looked for the escalator, adrenaline running through my body as I picked up the pace and ran up the moving escalator, I sprinted I couldn’t miss seeing him one last time, even if it was the very last time I could see him. When I got there, the place was empty the boarding hall was completely empty which meant that he… he was gone. My eyes fell upon the empty hall that had no trace of passengers anywhere, my heart fell at the sight that Bambam was nowhere to be seen it broke my heart to see that he left just like that, he left even though we didn’t even get to say one last goodbye. I squatted onto the floor to ease my aching heart that was urging me to cry “Miss” an attendant walked beside me “oh erm i’ll leave just give me a minute” I wiped away my tears and stood up “one of the passengers wanted me to give this to you” she handed me an envelope “me?” I looked at her and she nodded “he said that you might come to look for him and he was worried about you so here” I took the note and thanked her wondering how she knew it was me, I opened the white envelope to pull out a pretty looking card and then the attendant left to give me some privacy.

Was this from him? I wondered as I wiped away my falling tear then took in a deep breath before gathering my courage to open the card. “Hey Joice, if you’re reading this means I’ve already boarded the plane to Korea, we may not have been able to say goodbye but I’m relieved. Relieved to know that you’re not angry anymore and you’re looking for me, I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to tell you earlier because I knew it would hurt you and I didn’t want to spend my last few days with you like that I rather leave for Korea with happy memories of the both of us spending time like we did as kids. Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine because I’ll be doing what I love the most which is performing but I won’t forget you instead I’ll be thinking of you every single day as I practice and when I want to give up I won’t because I know that you wouldn’t want me to. I hope you won’t forget me too Joice, take care of yourself you’re always so slow go get an alarm clock  if not you’ll be late for school everyday. Don’t sulk and smile, you need to find a boyfriend you can’t always depend on me ^^ I’ll miss you but I want you to be happy alright? I love you too Joice take care I’ll come back and when I do I’ll come looking for you. With love, Bambam” I read in my head as I closed my eyes letting the tears sneak out and fall. “can’t you stay a little longer so you would know how I feel about you…” I held the card closer to my chest as I breathed heavily.

I dragged my feet home heart and body filled with so much sorrow, my body felt so weak from crying that i could collapse on the floor at any moment now. I looked up to see that I unknowingly reached my doorstep as I pushed opened the door “Joice where were you!” my mum ran towards me then hugged me tightly her tears were falling too “did you know how worried I was, we thought something happened to you” my mum continued saying “I’m fine don’t worry” I patted her back weakly “how could we not” another female voice spoke, it was bambam’s mother “you must have been broken when he told you he was leaving, my dear joice” she hugged both my mum and I “my heart is breaking for you right now, don’t cry anymore alright?” she started to sob as well “auntie… I’ll be fine don’t cry” I barely said as we all cried together as if someone had died, we should have been happy for him that he was living his dream ambitiously but we weren’t, we didn’t want him to go because he was a part of our lives and without him it was like…. Like as if something was missing.

I woke up and felt my body ache, “ugh” I rubbed my eyes “was that all a dream?” I looked around to see that I was alone in my room and searched for my phone but instead I found the card Bambam wrote “it wasn’t a dream?” my heart fell and I pulled my blanket closer to me as I wrapped my arms around my knees and sobbed. He really left and it wasn’t a dream, it happened, it really happened how could he just leave me here like that. I pulled myself together and got out of the bed to look at the clock. “8.30?!” I was late, I was really late “yah bambam why didn’t you wake me…” I paused in my tracks after realizing that he wasn’t here, I plopped onto the floor unwilling to go to school without him. What was the point anyways I would have to go to school alone, sit in class alone and eat alone… I’d rather just stay here especially after realizing how I felt about him. The feeling was unbearable knowing he wasn’t here with me “Joice shouldn’t you be in school?” my mum walked in and gave me a hug “can I just not go to school today? I don’t feel good” I covered my puffy face with my hands “I know you’re upset about bambam but you need to pick yourself up and get on with your life.” “okay fine but just today, no excuses tomorrow got it?” she gave in after seeing the devastated state that I am in.

Two years later, I had already graduated from high school and was waiting for the results for my applicant into a college. “yah Joey stay still I can’t button your shirt if you keep moving” I pouted but she kept on moving “I want to be a dancer and I need to keep practicing that’s  what bambam told me” she laughed and swayed left and right “when’s oppa coming back? I wanna see him” she hugged me “I don’t know” I ruffled her hair and pulled away handing her schoolbag to her. “Let’s go!” she ran out of the room towards the door “aish this girl…” I followed her. “wait for me you’re gonna get lost, slow down” I shouted as I locked the front door but when I turned around she was already way ahead “Yah Joey slow down!” I ran after her as I stuffed the key into my bag “Joey?” I caught up to her to see that she was talking to someone “joey what did I tell you about talking to strang-“ I couldn’t continue because I was taken aback by the person in front of me “hey joice” his sweet voice tugged at my heartstrings “bambam?” I stared at him but then remembered joey was still here “erm joey why don’t you play at the playground first” “awwww I wanna talk to oppa too” she whined “I’ll look for you later but let oppa talk to your sister first alright?” he smiled at her. She ran off obediently listening to bambam, “is it really you?” I couldn’t take my eyes off of him, I was still in a state of disbelief “it’s really me joice” he walked towards me and embraced me tightly his arms wrapped around me bringing me to his chest. “I’ve missed you” he spoke as I felt his breath on my neck “I missed you too” my tears started to flow down my cheek “you have no idea how much I’ve wanted to see you joice” “you have no idea how long I’ve been waiting for this day to come” my hands crept up to hold him as I snuggled closer taking in his warm scent that I’ve been missing.

 

“You’ve been waiting?” I could feel him smile into the hug and I nodded slowly. He pulled away to look me in the eyes “then I think it’s right to do this?” he said as he crashed his lips onto mine, I closed my eyes and felt him deepen the kiss, “why did you do that?” I pulled away feeling my cheeks go red then looking onto the ground wondering if he somehow found out my feelings for him “because I love you joice” his words sent chills down my spine “you what?” I looked up to him to meet his eyes that were looking at me softly “I. love. You” he smiled “everyday when I practice, I think of you not just because I missed you but also because I realize how much you mean to me how much i actually feel for you joice, you’re not just part of my life you are my life. When I want to give up because at some point it seems so pointless and I wanted to pack and take the next flight back to see you but I didn’t want to disappoint you, you supported my dream so much so instead I thought of meeting you when I have achieved my dream which got me to where I am now. You’re the only reason why I am who I am, the reason why I even want to achieve my dream because joice… you’re the reason why I live. You’re the only one there for me when I got bullied, you stood up for me when everyone watched me get hurt and laugh thinking it was funny but you didn’t. You cared for me, the only one who actually does, no one has ever bothered about what I wanted like what my dreams were or what I wanted to be but you did. I love you Joice, you’re the reason why i can’t live another day without being next to you” a tear rolled down his face as he said those heart-felt words, it tugged on my heart knowing that I felt the same way about him. “I like you too” I bit the bottom of my lip feeling shy “you do?” he asked excitedly and I nodded “I wanted to tell you but you had already left” I started to sob at the memory that was jabbing my heart and he pulled me close to his chest that comforted me “it’s okay now, I’m here and we’ll be together again. I’m here for you now. And I won’t leave your side again.”