It Starts Here

◄► The Other Me ◄►
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ri Han's POV

     I woke up just in time to see the growing building. We finally arrived at the IKA campus. It was huge and the place even has a parking lot like the ones at those malls. I could see teachers, professors, students, parents, etc. chatting away with each other to catch up on how their vacation was and all. I quickly clutched onto my bag and whipped out my phone to text my best friend, Kim Yoon Ji.

Me: Yah Yoon Ji! Eodiya?

YJ: I'm at the parking lot gate.

Me: Ah! I see you~

Yoon Ji turned around, to see me running towards her at max speed. A look of fright was plastered onto her face. When we were only 5 centimeters apart, I grabbed onto her shoulders and pulled her in for a hug. We haven't seen each other in like... 2 months! It felt like forever and you can obviously tell I missed Yoon Ji dearly.

"Yoon Ji!!!" I screamed.

"Aish, Ri Han. Can you not be so loud?" she face-palmed herself in embarrassment. Despite that, I knew she was just as happy.

"Omo! Yoon Ji! You're here?" my mother said behind us, making both of us turn around. Well actually me since Yoon Ji was already facing my mother.

"Ne, Mrs. Song," she answered.

"Where's your umma and appa?" my mother asked, looking around.

"They had to leave early for work," Yoon Ji replied, in a slightly unhappy tone.

"Aigoo, you poor dear," my mother said rubbing Yoon Ji's cheeks.

"Wifey! Let's get going! ... Oh! Yoon Ji is here too? Come with us then!" my father said.

We quickly headed to the exit with our luggage and looked for the orientation ceremony area which was held in the school's auditorium that was a truely breath taking.

"Wow...." was all Yoon Ji and I could say as we stared in awe at the large room. My parents and Hye Jin had an even more look of awe.

Moments passed as we looked around the room until my dad finally came back to his senses and brought back our's too.

We quickly found empty seats, but they weren't next to each other. Yoon Ji and I sat in a pair of seats near the front while Hye Jin and our parents looked for other seats, but I didn't really pay attention to where they sat.

"Omo! I can't believe we are going to attend The IKA!!!!!!" Yoon Ji squealed.

"Hmm...I'm just curious on how I got accepted," I wondered out loud.

"Well, you do do well in school...." she hypothesized.

"Hmm..." I replied.

"Parents, staff, and students. Welcome to the International K-Academy!" someone said.

The chattering stopped and everyone looked up to see who it was.

A man that seemed to be in his 50s was on stage behind a podium. Nearby was an empty table that was covered with a fancy piece of cloth.

"Thank you all for coming on time. I know you all must be excited to attend the IKA!" he continued.

We heard some cheering after he spoke.

"After the orientation is over, we will assign dorms, lockers, and give out your uniforms. Now please hold on a minute," he finished before leaving the stage and returned with another person only slightly older than him come on stage.

"Hello parents, staff, and students! I am your principle and headmaster," the principle/headmaster boomed into the microphone.

"We would like to congratulate all those who have made gotten in the IKA, the world's most prestigious school," he continued on.

The headmaster continued on his welcome speech.

"Now I would like to hand out the scholarships to those who have received them before the vice principle assigns everything," the headmaster said and on cue, staff members came up on stage with awards and scholarships, etc.

Well this is fancy. Awards on the first day of school, I thought feeling glad that you're attending this school.

The headmaster started off with half scholarships. He read students names off one by one. The clock ticking, time flying. It may have sounded boring, but to me it seemed quite entertaining.

"Song Hye Jin!" he said. I turned around looking to see where my sister was and my eyes followed her as she walked up on stage with a proud smile. She bowed at the principle before receiving the scholarship.

Chukahaeyo, unnie! I said mentally, showing a small smile.

Once the half-scholarships were over, he moved on to the full scholarships. Names were read off one by one. I noticed the proud parents and students. Some parents were even flaunting their child to those parents whose child(ren) received only a half-scholarship and wearing smug expressions on their faces.

"Kim Yoon Ji!" the principle said.

"Wah!! Chukahae, Yoon Ji!" I whispered clapping my hands excitedly for my best friend.

"Gomawo, Ri Han," she whispered back while trying to get on stage.

She bowed while receiving the scholarship from the headmaster. I felt like a proud mother at her child's graduation.

More names were called, some parents were crying.

"The following people will be the top 10 students - being named lowest to highest - and will receive awards and the scholarship," the head master spoke.

The flaunting parents and crying ones stopped and their faces dropped instantly after hearing those words. I could feel some parents glaring at their child still up on the stage.

Aish. Parents these days. Poor you, I thought silently clucking my tongue. Thankfully my parents weren't like that.

Two names were called before one that suprised me.

"Song Ri Han!" the headmaster spoke.

Yoon Ji stared at me from the stage grinning wider. I thought that I must have heard wrong.

"Song Ri Han? Is she here?" he asked.

I definitely heard correctly this time.

I quickly got out of my seat and rushed on to the stage, slightly embarrassed.

"Kamsahabnida!" I bowed multiple times.

The principle gave me the scholarship, a plaque, some medals, some certificates, a bouquet of flowers, and an envelope.

Talk about a workout. Thankfully I wasn't the first since I'm pretty sure he or she would have a lot more things than me.

I walked to join the line of students with scholarships and smiled. It felt like a mix beauty pagaent.

"Chukahae," I heard someone whisper obviously knowing it was Yoon Ji.

"You too," I whispered back through my lips.

After everyone was called and received their scholarship and awards, the principle handed out more awards to those who weren't in the top ten. Both Yoon Ji and Hye Jin received awards.

"Thank you for staying parents and to the staff who helped give out  the scholarships and awards. And congratulations to all of the students! Parents please leave in an orderly fashion to the garden. You will be able to see your child or children shortly afterwards. Please give the luggage to any staff member you see. Make sure that their names are on it. Thank you all again!" the principle said before leaving the stage.

Parents started filing out of the auditorium, some came near the stage to talk to their child or children.

"Ri Han! Hye Jin! Smile!" I heard my mother say and turned to her flashing a smile while she clicked away.

"See you later girls," my father said, waving a good-bye.

"Annyeong!" Yoon Ji, Hye Jin, and I replied.

Once all the parents left, the vice principle went on to the podium.

"I will start assigning your lockers, room, roommate, and uniforms. Please be patient and don't complain about who you are roomed with. Uniforms and name tags are in  your room. You wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter