Moving Out

◄► The Other Me ◄►
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

Hye Jin's POV

      New school, new life right? Well not for me. I had just nearly finished packing the last of the things I was going to be taking with me to the dorms of the IKA (International K-Academy) where I would now be calling my home until the next holiday break.

You'd think I'd be at least a bit more enthusiastic considering this is the school I've been dreaming of getting accepted to since I was twelve, but now it's not as special as it used to be. Ever sisnce I was little I've always wanted to be my own individual with my own unique style and personality instead of being compared to my sister, Ri Han. Not that I have anything against her. It's just it is so tiresome to always be in that stereotype that all twins are alike.

Well news flash people, things don't always go according to stereotypes. When Ri Han and I were little it seemed as if everyone expected us to be the same; constantly comparing everything we did with one another from our school work to the way we dressed and acted. You can say this led up to my struggle to break free.

"Sweetie, hurry up! We're going to be late for the orientation!" my father yelled from downstairs.  

I grabbed my last bag and a picture frame off my desk, containing a family photo of ours. I looked around my room taking it in one last time before opening the door and stepping out bumping into someone, causing the picture frame to slip out of my hand and onto the floor. I bent down and picked up the frame from the floor and looked up at the figure besides me. When I did, I realized it was Ri Han. 

"Sorry," I mumbled.

She gently nodded in acknowledgement before I continued to make my way down the hallway. Situations like that were always the same. Even at home we treated each other like strangers.

"Finally! Do you have everything?" my dad smiled as I entered the living room.

"Of course," I smiled as he patted my head and I looked down at my picture frame which had a small crack in the glass.

"We can get you a new frame on the way there," he chuckled as my mom entered the room her eyes a little puffy.

She was always an emotional sappy kind of person and since last night she's been blubbering about sending Ri Han and me off.

"Where's Ri Han? I need to give her these shirts of hers that I folded last night" she sniffled.

I pointed down the hallway which she left towards. Ri Han was mom's favorite so I'm sure Ri Han leaving the house effected mom even more than mine. Mom used to always joke around saying I was born to go out and discover new places. Therefore she would always be ready to let me go off so I can fulfill my dreams. Although I was more of a daddy's girl, my mother and I still had a pretty good relationship. The same goes for Ri Han and dad.

"Do you think she'll survive?" I laughed as we heard my mom burst out crying again from all the way down the hallway.

"Your mom was so delighted when she heard there was going to be the two of you I think she's going to dwell on this for awhile," he smiled gently picking up two of my suitcases.

"Then what about you?" I smiled while opening the front door so we could head out to the car.

"I'm coping," faking a tear and sniff.

"Appa! You could at least be a little bit more emotional considering your baby is leaving home for the big world," I scolded while opening the trunk of the car so he could set my luggage in the car.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter