Sisterly Advice

◄► The Other Me ◄►
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye Jin's POV

Screw getting a good night’s sleep. I groaned as I nearly threw myself out of bed and onto the floor. Ri Han was fast asleep peacefully and I didn’t want to wake her up with my restlessness therefore I decided to sneak out and walk around the town.

I quickly grabbed my bag and scarf before quietly slipping out of our room. The hall way was dark except for the streams of light from the moon and lampposts outside flooding in from the windows. I escaped from the back door and felt the cool night breeze hit my face.

The streets were busy with the night life of the city. Couples heading home from dates. Groups of women heading home from the clubs hilariously drunk. I was amazed by some of the street musicians and found myself standing there listening.

It most definitely began to get my mind off Kyungsoo.  I tighten my scarf a bit around my neck and breathed into my hands a bit to warm them up, not noticing one of the musicians approaching me.

“Well if it isn’t the girl who never called,” his voice startled me and I glanced up to the guy from the bookstore before me.

“Woohyun –“I blurted out in surprise and he laughed “What are you doing here?”

“Well you’ve been watching me and my bandmates for about twenty minutes, I was wondering when you were going to recognize me,” he chuckled and I laughed as well.

“Sorry I didn’t recognize you sooner, but seriously you guys are really good,” I apologized quickly and he smiled at my praise “Also, I’m sorry I never called,”

“It’s okay Hyejin,” he reassured and I felt my cheeks warm up a bit despite the cold air “Wanna meet the guys?”

I glanced over to the group of boys who were talking amongst themselves and nodded eagerly.

“Yeah” I smiled and he grabbed my hand pulling me over to the group.

“Guys!” Woohyun beamed as we approached the group and they all looked up at us “This is Hyejin,”

They stared at me a second before it was as if a light bulb lit up on top of their heads.

“Mysterious book chick who never called!” one started cracking up and pointed at me making me look back a Woohyun in surprise.

“Myungsoo go home,” he snapped as the boy composed himself again and cleared his throat.

“Nice to meet you Hyejin,” he said curtly despite holding in his laughter.

“Hyejin, this is Myungsoo, Sungyeol, and Dongwoo,” he introduced and I smiled.

“Hi, I’m Song Hyejin, it’s nice to meet you,” I replied and they all grinned and nodded “So how do you all know I’m the ‘Mysterious book chick who never called’?”

I glanced beside me and Woohyun looked like he wanted to crawl under a rock and die. Not as suave as he used to be I see.

“Because this noob wouldn’t stop checking his phone for about a week and the amount of incessant whining about a girl name Song Hyejin” Dongwoo chuckled earning an angry glare from Woohyun.

“I’m sorry for the trouble I must have caused you guys,” I laughed as Sungyeol stood up and squished me in a hug.

“I think I’ve found the love of my life,” he said airily as Woohyun peeled him off of me “She’s a keeper,”

“You arm’s length away,” Woohyun said and he pushed the boy back over to Dongwoo before turning to me “Sorry he’s clingy, Dongwoo’s a big mouth, and Myungsoo…” he hesitated a bit “He’s not normal.”

“Its fine,” I waved my hands in reassurance “You all seem pretty cool,”

I wasn’t lying when I said that either they all seemed like a cool group of boys. It was different than what I was used to. Kyungsoo was so reserved and Sehun was so shy it hurt, so meeting a new group of people was honestly quite refreshing.

They all looked at me with wide eyes and I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Woohyun she’s a keeper,” the three blurted out and he nearly face palmed himself.

“Do you- I mean- W-Would you like me to walk you home?” he stumbled over his word as a pink color flushed across his cheeks “That’s if you want me to. It’s just its getting really late and the drunks are out and-“

“Shut up and walk me home,” I smiled and started walking back to the dorms before calling out to the boys “Have a nice night! It was a pleasure meeting you!”

I stared up at the sky and let out a sigh as Woohyun finally caught up with me. He was handsome, and his dorkiness was actually kind of cute.

“So where are we headed?” he asked as he shoved his hands in his pocket.

“IKA girl’s dormitories” I answered and he suppressed a laugh.

“Ohhh you’re one of those girls” he chuckled and I shot him a confused look.

“And what kind of girl are you referring to?” I quipped and nudged his shoulder.

“Law breaker,” he nudged me back grinning widely and I froze “You guys have a curfew,”

“How do you know?” my jaw nearly dropped as he turned around to face me.

“A girl I used to date goes there,” he answered and I nodded feeling bad “It’s okay”

“What school do you go to?” I asked hoping to change the subject as we walked down the road.

“All boys academy on the other side of town,” he answered and I almost laughed.

“Nothing better that a school filled with raging testosterone” I chuckled as he let out a small laugh.

“Believe me the pecking order is insane,” he smiled looking around as the school came into view.

“I bet,” I sighed and we approached my dorm “Well here we are,”

“It was nice seeing you Hyejin,” he smiled and began to start walking away before turning back around.

“I promise I’ll call this time,” I beat him to the punch and he smiled and turned back around.

I plopped down on the front step of the building smiling up at the sky before watching his retreating figure. Maybe I could get some sleep tonight.

When Woohyun was out of sight I stood up and walked to the back door of the building and slipped back in to avoid going past the security desk in the lobby. Rihan was still fast asleep when I entered the room and I flopped down onto my bed it was 1:30 a.m. I had about five and a half hours of sleep to get before going to class in the morning.

It wasn’t long after lying down before I nodded off and woke up to an empty room. I quickly gathered my things and washed my face etc… before heading to first period.

“Hey,” I smiled as I plopped down in my seat beside Sehun.

“Sup,” he answered and went flipping through his English book.

“How was hanging out with Yoon Ji?” I asked and he looked back at me with an unamused face.

“You really wanna know,” he drawled and I nodded now curious “Well for starters all she talked about was Rihan and D.O. hyung,”

“I’m sorry,” I replied and went back to getting out my English book.

“It’s fine,” he mumbled and went back to studying. I kind of felt bad for him. Yoon Ji is such a sweet girl but her love for Rihan and Exo trumps all. I get where she comes from though who wouldn’t want to talk about what they love.

“Are you going dress shopping with her later?” I asked as he shook his head.

“No, her and Rihan are having a sisters from another mister bonding time,” he answered and I nodded my head. “Who are you going with for your dress?”

“I don’t know maybe Hyuna or I’ll just go by myself,” I replied and tapped my pen on my note book.

“I could go with you,” he smiled and I shook my head laughing a bit.

“No, you have work to do MR. ENGLISH CLASS IS FOR LOSERS,” I smiled pointed my pen at his notes “Besides I should probably go with Kyungsoo since he is my date,”

He seemed to only nod hesitantly as he fiddled with his hands.

“I forgot he was for a second…” he mumbled before scribbling down something in his agenda planner.

“Yeah,” I sighed as I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and then glanced back at it “Do you think I should dye my hair back?”

He lazily glanced up at me after my random question and tilted his head sideways.

“You look pretty either way,” he cough awkwardly making me blush and look back down at my notes like they were the most interesting thing on the planet.

As soon as class ended I excused myself from Sehun to go find Ri Han. For some reason I just felt this strange urge to see her. I made my way down the hallway looking around for wherever her design

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter